Basement: Fibonacci numbers

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on May 20, 11 5:57 AM
Anyone know what to do with the numbers?

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

Re:Basement: Fibonacci numbers

[Post New]by Kelvarda on May 20, 11 6:05 AM
Suprisingly enough - I flabbergasted myself by working this one out. The clue is on the piece of paper at the side. But I didn't know it had such a fancy name!!

SPOILER: Hilite

1+1=2, 1+2=3, 2+3=5, 3+5=8, and so on. It's the last number + the answer. so the next one would be 5+8 = 13

Kel

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on May 20, 11 6:08 AM
It was really easy once you knew what was expected!

sherisgirl
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by sherisgirl on May 20, 11 6:11 AM

I didnt see any numbers or bother with the mathmatical way, just pressed each number more than the last 1 at a time and done it that way, knew there must have been an easier way

Anyway the numbers for my game were starting at 0

0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on May 20, 11 6:36 AM
He he, I googled for this: Fibonacci number set is thus, that the last number is done from the sum of the last previous numbers. So, 1+1 = 2, 1+2 = 3, 2+3 = 5, etc.

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on May 20, 11 6:56 AM
I remember Fibonacci numbers were mentioned in The DaVinci Code. LOL I just didn't know what it meant.

logbump
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by logbump on May 20, 11 9:42 AM
I am stuck. I did a wrong sequence and can't reset to correct blue numbers to run the correct sequence as per walkthrough. I have re-installed and tried new player. Help!

barbaralbb
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by barbaralbb on May 20, 11 1:59 PM
Finonacci numbers are very straightforward and even a "mathphobic" person like me can do them. Each number in the sequence is the sum of the two prior numbers. If I knew how to "whiteout" the text, I'd do that... so continue reading at your own risk.

Possible Spoiler:
So, 0+1=1, 1+1=2, 1+2=3, 2+3=5, 3+5=8, 5+8=13, 8+13=21, 13+21=34, 21+34=55, etc....

Finonacci sequence shows up all over nature - the swirls on a sea shell, the veins in a leaf, the branches of a tree, even the bones in our bodies. Pretty cool stuff for a PC game!

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by Mamalita on Jun 10, 12 12:41 PM
Thank you for your help. I was a math major in college many years ago and have totally forgotten this sequence.

Go to: