TGT - The Pini Society

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

TGT - The Pini Society

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Dec 24, 08 1:50 AM
Well, it looked good...

It's a Mosaic game, which sometimes I like, with a Relaxed Mode option (increased time, still has a timer) But seems really glitchy. Story bits sometimes play, sometimes just show up in the journal. Had one instructional bit just keep playing on a loop because the "Return to Game" had not activated. Things that were happening in the puzzle like disapearing pieces, or ciolor change pieces or bonus pieces were not explained. The narrators voice began to grate on me nerves and when she was saying "More Time" (apparently earned in some arcane way) I thought she was saying "No Time" as she sounded frantic. So weird littles glitches, repetative with one mini-game I did not like (more dusting and a shift click required to get object) just...no.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

Re:TGT - The Pini Society

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Dec 24, 08 2:09 AM
I'm downloading it right now and will give it a go. The synopsis doesn't sound quite like a game I'd normally play but figured what the heck. It's 3am and nothing else going on.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Dec 24, 08 2:16 AM
Smallhaven wrote:I'm downloading it right now and will give it a go. The synopsis doesn't sound quite like a game I'd normally play but figured what the heck. It's 3am and nothing else going on.

Bingo! I'm suffering withdrawl because there have been a few games I've really enjoyed this week (Dracula, Adventure Chronicles and Nightshift Legacy - The Jaguars Eye (from another site)) so feeling that "day after Christmas" feeling the day before.

I'll be interested to hear what you think both about the game play and the perceived glitchiness. I'll demo almost anything, thank goodness there *are* demos, but I quit (and uninstalled) this one with still a good 1/2 hour left.

wesjohny
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by wesjohny on Dec 24, 08 2:35 AM
I tried to download this game but wouldn't do it for some reason. If anyone else
has problems please post I need to know if its my pc or not.
Thank you

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Dec 24, 08 2:42 AM
Egads. What a hassle. Talk about glitches. I tried both Timed and Relaxed and the game kept getting stuck and the narrator repeating herself. Couldn't get out of the game, had to reboot it several times, lost what little progress I'd made, only to get confronted with another glitch. After 15 minutes of this - I uninstalled.

I highly doubt it's my PC since we have the new whiz bang set-up and play's every other game out there without a problem. I'm thinking this game needs to go back to the proverbial drawing board and then rereleased.

Edited on 12/24/2008 at 2:43:06 AM PST

midnight1864
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by midnight1864 on Dec 24, 08 6:09 AM
Oh MY GOODNESS!!! :

This is an annoying game!!! Could this womens voice be anymore irratating??? I think not!

very glitchy, one repetative mini game. ( atleast in the one hour demo) Not much hope I feel for it to get any better...

For me...

ghost777
Narwhal
Narwhal
33,167 Posts

[Post New]by ghost777 on Dec 24, 08 6:29 AM
Thanks for the heads up here , does not sound like my type o game.

goldendog08
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by goldendog08 on Dec 24, 08 8:16 AM
I get this weird timing thing...the game played for 3 minutes & my computer locked up ( quad 4 with 4Meg ram)--then played for 8 minutes & lockup again. Then played for 15 minutes & lockup. Finally played last time for 20 minutes and computer froze. Now deleted and will wait for new version next year....

MrsSkippy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,388 Posts

[Post New]by MrsSkippy on Dec 24, 08 8:31 AM
I played for about 15 minutes, and I thinke I'm going to uninstall. I have the sound muted so I didn't get any annoying voices. it's one of those games you either like or not .Two thumbs down.

memaw7
Marlin
Marlin
8,628 Posts

[Post New]by memaw7 on Dec 24, 08 8:36 AM
I like the game but for the glitches, the game gets hung up in the mini games, had to do the ctrl-alt-delete on every mini game, switch back to the game and then it would continue. Not going to get until it's fixed.

slm1948
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by slm1948 on Dec 24, 08 9:15 AM
Did they test this game before they released it??? I'm not into mosiacs, but with the relaxed mode, I was willing to consider it and may again if they get the bugs out.

bajacalla
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by bajacalla on Dec 24, 08 11:09 AM
oh, dear. I downloaded the trial this morning, and immediately into the first puzzle, I crashed to blue screen. I'm pretty sure it was the game, not my PC.

darn, it looked like one I'd enjoy, but I'm not going to risk replicating that! off to uninstall.

SKYEBLUETOO
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by SKYEBLUETOO on Dec 24, 08 12:26 PM
No glitches here yet ! But ............ I don't get why the space to put in the pieces is only part of the whole thing. WHICH PART ?? Some of the pieces "sparkle" as if thats what you should use. Hmmm After 10 mins. I gave it up and will uninstall. Too bad, was hoping for something new and different. It sure is different !! LOL
It sure needs to go back to the drawingboard !
Merry Christmas to all !

culady
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by culady on Dec 24, 08 3:26 PM
Too many glitches, uninstalling.

pfalcioni
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by pfalcioni on Dec 24, 08 4:37 PM
I haven't had any glitches, but for those that are able to play, how in the heck do you move the 'group' of tiles from the work board to the playing field? I've tried click, click and drag, right click, nothing works. And of course although they show you how to use the space, they don't show you how to move the tiles!

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Dec 24, 08 7:19 PM
Considering the majority of people who posted had at least some glitchiness I think this game needs to be run through the fixifier a time or two. Had potential, I liked building the complex parts and moving them onto the feild, but there was way too much not working right or unexplained. ...and yes, the narrator woman had the most irritating voice ever.

Good concept, bad execution. BTW the Relaxed Mode is for more time, but still felt the pressure of it.

suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

[Post New]by suzangh on Dec 24, 08 8:16 PM
I thought it said adventure game! I downloaded it and hated it. 12 minutes I played.
Not my type of game.
BTW what does "TGT" mean?

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Dec 24, 08 8:36 PM
TGT = Tomorrow's Game Today

ADTech
Herring
Herring
374 Posts

[Post New]by ADTech on Dec 24, 08 8:48 PM
I tried the game for about 5 minutes and then it stopped running. I do not think it is a problem with my computer as all my other games work just fine. I found it a dumb/annoying game and would not play it any more even if it did not have this problem. Two thumbs down on this one.

AlmostSilver
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by AlmostSilver on Dec 25, 08 12:19 PM
Thanks for the info....this I'll pass on this one til they fix the glitches.

Go to: