DeadRiver
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,688 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Hidden Mysteries: Notre Dame - Secrets of Paris.

[Post New]by DeadRiver on May 21, 11 12:12 AM
Post comments and reviews for Hidden Mysteries : Notre Dame - Secrets of Paris here.

Edited on 05/21/2011 at 12:38:56 AM PST

DeadRiver
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,688 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Hidden Mysteries: Notre Dame - Secrets of Paris.

[Post New]by DeadRiver on May 21, 11 12:16 AM
I actually beta tested and critiqued this game a few weeks ago. It was a lot of fun.
I wonder if they took my advice on the minor changes.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Hidden Mysteries: Notre Dame - Secrets of Paris.

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 21, 11 12:17 AM
LOL You might give the mods a chance to post the C&R thread!

ETA: Oops. I didn't think this post posted... this site is so laggy these days.
Just kidding....
Anyway, I played the beta too and thought it looked quite fun.

Edited on 05/21/2011 at 12:36:26 AM PST

unclewally
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by unclewally on May 21, 11 12:21 AM
Oh, I thought dead river was a mod . . . they're not???
unclewally

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 21, 11 12:36 AM
Hey fischies,

that is absolutely no problem

I've just stickied the thread!

So what do you think of Hidden Mysteries: Notre Dame - Secrets of Paris? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on May 21, 11 12:42 AM
9 minutes and the game was mine...

Sometimes you find a jewel in the trashcan - and this is one of them. You have tasks, and a map which shows you where you didn't finish to clear - I adore this option.

Above all, the game is only 98 MB (my comp can relax ). Excellent resolution, although the objects are quite small. Adventure HOG, interesting plot - a lot of weekend pleasure...

Game Mill and Gunnar Games are the developers, known with their quality games.

Thanks developers, thanks BF!!!

Edited on 05/21/2011 at 12:44:04 AM PST

happyasaclam
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by happyasaclam on May 21, 11 12:43 AM
ya hooo was waiteing for this one .when it comes to thishidden mysterirs games like these bi go right for the buy button with these they are that good .mine is up &ready to play i will let you know what i think later thanks BF what a great bway to start the weekend have a great one fishes

[Post New]by heatherington on May 21, 11 1:09 AM
As usual with these Hidden Mystery games you walk around and around from place to place about 500 times before you find what you need to accomplish your tasks and you never have a clue as to how to do it. That is what makes these games so great! I love them and I'm going to enjoy this one very much! Thanks Big Fish, another great one this week!

Edited on 05/21/2011 at 1:09:47 AM PST

boochie54
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by boochie54 on May 21, 11 1:28 AM
From the demo, I like this! There is indeed a lot of walking around, repeat visits and repeat hidden object scenes, but that map keeps everything under control, I agree it's a great addition. And I liked the really clear graphics; objects were well placed, not impossible to find. I need a couple of games to finish off another punch card and it looks like this will be one of them!

ETA: Great review Goofyduck as usual!

Edited on 05/21/2011 at 1:33:00 AM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 21, 11 1:30 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey fischies,

that is absolutely no problem

bfgFlounder

Hi there bfgFlounder,
Did you join shadowfax in a celebratory glass of wine or are now using outdated fiche technology to store information? Is this the reason for the lag/problems with posting in the forums??
Cheers

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on May 21, 11 1:34 AM

My complaint is that when you revisit H0 scenes, the objects that you cleared previously are back in the same places that you found them before.

Actually, that's a big issue for me...but others may not mind so much.

Enjoy!

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by grannyq on May 21, 11 1:48 AM
This game is a big challenge for me. I'm enjoying going around and checking everything. The H O scenes seem to be the easiest part of this game. The weekend is looking great. Happy gaming!!!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 21, 11 2:01 AM
Well I like the majority of this game and actually stopped to buy it before coming to add my two cents to the comments. Thank goodness that GG now make games where you can see what you are doing as the scenes are now a bit lighter and the objects slightly bigger than in the Civil War game which was the first in the series.

What I didn't like was the "foghorn" type noise when you clicked on a correct object and I ended up turning the sound off completely so I hope I am not going to miss anything good by doing that.

I love the map even though it is not interactive as it is so much easier to find your way around and being able to see where there are tasks still to be done is really great and saves sneaker wear and tear .

Cherb

ETA ...

I enjoyed this game very much and even managed it without using a single hint or skip ... thanks for a good game devs .

Edited on 05/24/2011 at 2:15:34 PM PST

DeadRiver
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,688 Posts

[Post New]by DeadRiver on May 21, 11 2:26 AM
Review based on the demo
The Good:
There were tons of hidden object scenes and mini puzzles, each one moderately challenging and a lot of fun. The music was kind of sedated, nothing loud. Whenever you click on a correct item there is a spooky noise like a harpsichord being played by a skeleton or something otherworldy. When you click on an incorrect item there is a spooky clunking noise that makes you want to never make a mistake again.
The graphics were clean. The hidden object scenes were interesting. The storyline was interesting and easy to get involved with.
The Bad:
There is a lot of hunting around from this scene to that scene and then back again. However the rewards for having to backtrack are more hidden object scenes so it's just a tiny bit of bad.
The Ugly:
Nothing. The game is entertaining and a lot of fun.
Verdict:

This one's a keeper.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on May 21, 11 3:08 AM
This is a winner! Great graphics. Fantastic mystery story,widescreen and great game play. I really like this game. And it's a nice change to the dark and scary story's we've been getting for awhile now. I enjoy the Hidden Mysteries series. I highly recommend trying this game. It's a definite buy for me. I'm sure for many others also. Yea, a good game with a good mystery story. Thanks

I rate this: FINE SWINE

FINE SWINE:
Great game with the best graphics and story. Bells and whistles, best, greatest, I love it.
‘ ‘
(o)

jezabel1976
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,346 Posts

[Post New]by jezabel1976 on May 21, 11 3:09 AM
This one is a keeper for me too! I'm happy this game finally came out since it was announced that it would be out last week.

all!

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on May 21, 11 3:25 AM
Good reviews & points about the game already made. I played the whole demo & found that there are a lot of hidden object scenes which were not just piles of junk. There is a lot of moving from location to location to find your inventory items & you cannot jump to an area using the map, although you can see where your open tasks are & where you are in location to them.

The hint button refreshed at around 45 seconds & there were no click penalties that I could find.

The music is subtle & barely noticeable but like Cherb I really got annoyed with the loud sound made if you clicked on an incorrect object.

Nice graphics, no spooky things, no dark & nasty so all in all a good clean find the treasure IH0G.

However there are lots of sparkles for H0 scenes & shiny flickers to point to objects of interest, so far I have not needed a walkthrough as the game is pretty easy. There is no hard mode to select as an option so am on the fence as whether it is a buy.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on May 21, 11 4:07 AM
unclewally wrote:Oh, I thought dead river was a mod . . . they're not???
unclewally

You can tell Mods by their avitar - check bfgflounder's (he has a post on page one of this thread,) the circle with the BFG logo. All mods have that logo as their avitar.

Edited on 05/21/2011 at 4:12:37 AM PST

mouseclick2
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by mouseclick2 on May 21, 11 4:12 AM
Loved the quiet nature of the game, no voices or other needless hoop-lah. This game had me wrapped around it's fingers quickly and I knew it was a buy for me. I love a game that has you going from place to place, even if it means going there dozens of times. As long as the scene changes occur instantaneously as in this game, I don't mind darting place to place even if it is only in vain at times. Don't let a sprinking of some negativity toward this game which has been posted here sway you without at least trying the demo to see what I mean. This game has a Collector's Edition feel to it in terms of the quality of the game in my opinion without the premium price.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on May 21, 11 4:17 AM
Bought it after 10 minutes of the demo. Haven't finished it yet, just wanted to pop in to say that graphics are gorgeous and very realistic (Goofy is very right there and everywhere else too !), I can really feel I'm in Paris, walking through the Cathedral, all the details are real, lived in Paris over 40 years and Notre Dame was one of my favorite sites.
A lot of H0 scenes, objects easy to find and a lot of wandering around and you do have to think by yourself.
Spent one of my PC credits and don't regret it as the story seems promising.

Go to: