Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

Reviews & Comments for Solitaire Kingdom Supreme

[Post New]by Bpup on May 21, 11 2:12 AM
This game is created by Funkitron, the maker of the various Slingo games, so some of the game features will seem a bit familiar to the players of those games.

The solitaire game used is Klondike, but like the Slingo games there are ways of adding new twists to the game, here by using "Kingdom Cards" that give you different playing abilities (revealing all playable moves, guaranteeing at least one ace and two usable cards in a deal, etc.). Special cards turn up in the deck that give you bonus points.

The music is similar to that of the Slingo: Who's Gold game; I guess Funkitron is committed to funky beats. But I didn't find the music annoying, and the Options do give you the ability to adjust the music and the sounds, to change the backs of the deck and to change the playing background (albeit it's mainly just a color change with one castle background thrown in).

You don't lose a game, you "surrender". You have the chance to earn gold stars which allow you to buy a Kingdom Card to use (or multiples, if you have enough stars). There is a daily challenge game that is supposed to be different each day - the one I got today required me to earn at least 24,000 points, which I managed to do yet I still lost the Klondike game itself.

In fact, in the short time I was demo'ing the game, I didn't win any of the Klondike games - which I was actually pleased with, since that was in line with my real-life playing of that game. I liked the fact that they didn't seem to make it either easier or harder to win the game.

The graphics were good, not intricate - more like simple cartoons. Everything was easy to see. The deck deals three cards at a time, and it is located at the right hand side of the screen.

All-in-all, it looks like a pretty good solitaire game, with enough bells and whistles to keep you occupied, especially if you already like their Slingo games. I don't know that I'd pay full-price for it, but I've got some Groupon coupons burning a hole in my pocket...

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

Re:Reviews & Comments for Solitaire Kingdom Supreme

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on May 21, 11 6:49 AM
Just finished the trial and liked the game ok. I guess solitaire is solitaire but there's a few new things going on so far in the game like the extra hole for kings and gold cards. It may get more interesting if I buy the game and progress through the game with more stars.

Graphics are very nice. I always turn music off so can't really comment on that. The game play was just like any other Klondike game which I liked. There was a daily game that became available but I didn't play it before time ran out. Wished I had.

Not sure if I want purchase yet but thinking about it.

Noralg
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Noralg on May 21, 11 9:15 AM
Why have just one solitaire game when there are hundreds available at BVS solitaire, available at....BIG FISH GAMES! Scores and stats are kept and the variety of games is outstanding. Try it!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on May 21, 11 9:32 AM
This is a good solitair game for card game-lovers. Not a game for me (I prefer cardgames like Fairway Solitaire, but I wish everyone "Happy gaming")

[Post New]by satexasgirl on May 21, 11 10:08 AM
I had beta tested this game and did not have any problems. Today was a different story, however; and I'm unable to complete the demo. I posted my issues in the tech thread. Oh, well, have fun, y'all.

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on May 21, 11 11:49 AM
I bought this game out of desparation because there have been too many IHOG's and TM games, and not enough else. Saturday morning is usually my happy gaming time. I'm not a great solitaire player, not the traditional varieties anyway, like Klondike, but this game has enough "special" cards to save me from myself. I'm telling no spoilers because you can mouse over the locked cards and see what they do. My favorites are the griffin, which ensures you never get an unplayable deal (there's one big downer gone!), the Lady of the Lake who gives you "vision" (shows playable cards), and the thief (who "steals" the aces out of the deck). This turned out to be a very nice buy after all. As far as I can tell after palying it for several hours, this is a solidly made game without any annoying features (I don't much like the mucsic, but that's true with most games). Runs well on my computer.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on May 21, 11 11:49 AM
Noralg wrote:Why have just one solitaire game when there are hundreds available at BVS solitaire, available at....BIG FISH GAMES! Scores and stats are kept and the variety of games is outstanding. Try it!

While BVS Solitaire gives you a lot of games (I own it), games like Solitaire Kingdom Supreme or Fairway Solitaire take a popular solitaire game and try to turn it into something other than a simple card game, by tacking on challenges that have to be met in order to advance to new areas of the game or by giving you special cards that either help you or that have to be unlocked before you can proceed with the game.

I don't know about the rest of you but while I love solitaire, there are really only a handful of the games that I play with any regularity, so even though BVS Solitaire or my favorite, Solitaire City (not available on BF) both offer a lot of solitaire games, most of them just gather dust because I'm not playing them.

I suppose it's just a matter of different strokes for different folks.

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on May 21, 11 11:50 AM
I bought this game out of desparation because there have been too many IHOG's and TM games, and not enough else. Saturday morning is usually my happy gaming time. I'm not a great solitaire player, not the traditional varieties anyway, like Klondike, but this game has enough "special" cards to save me from myself. I'm telling no spoilers because you can mouse over the locked cards and see what they do. My favorites are the griffin, which ensures you never get an unplayable deal (there's one big downer gone!), the Lady of the Lake who gives you "vision" (shows playable cards), and the thief (who "steals" the aces out of the deck). This turned out to be a very nice buy after all. As far as I can tell after palying it for several hours, this is a solidly made game without any annoying features (I don't much like the music, but that's true with most games). Runs well on my computer.

Edited on 05/21/2011 at 11:57:13 AM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on May 21, 11 1:29 PM
I beta tested this game. And it's not a bad little solitaire game. As soliraire games go. It's got a few good twist. Great colors and graphics and the music is o.k. I don't play solitaire alot, but I would play this one. But I will wait for DD,COTW or punch card. But check it out for your selves, you might be surprised.

enjoy,
Lisa

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on May 21, 11 4:01 PM
Just finished the hour demo and did enjoy this version of solitaire. I liked the cards, stars and slots you earn. The graphics were nice and clear, the instructions were good and you could hover over or click and get the instructions again. I do enjoy regular solitaire and this one had some nice extras to help you win. I have some groupon coupons that I have been wanting to spend, this one is a good choice for me.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on May 22, 11 4:20 PM
I enjoyed this game quite a bit. There are awards for certain deeds, special cards have powers and just an enjoyable solitaire game. There is only one "hand", the standard. However there is a variety of things that can happen with special cards, treasures and keys.

This game is a B+.

Nissiah
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by Nissiah on May 29, 11 7:44 PM
i beta'd this one, offered from a review website. good game.

i need the "helper" cards so i don't lose so much.

but i could swear that the beta contained some "extra" program that fouled my PC, and i had to go back to a restore point.

even after all that, i bought this one. i like games you can play while watching TV!

Edited on 05/29/2011 at 7:45:50 PM PST

Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on May 29, 11 9:47 PM
I love a good card game. The problem is that most downloadable card games must sustain itself. It can't depend on winnings, money or points that doesn't matter; it must entertain without winnings value or be entertaining so that winning don't matter. This game had potential with its nice music and fair graphics but it got boring for me after awhile.

Good shot though.

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on May 30, 11 12:08 PM
I played the entire demo hour and thoroughly enjoyed the game. Bought after getting kicked out when the demo timed out.

Game Play is as rapid as you would like and the Treasures and Special cards make it interesting and unpredictable. It appears that the win/loss ratio is similar to real cards.

Graphics are clean and bright.

Overall, I give it is a

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Jun 1, 11 3:52 AM
I enjoyed this game and bought it once my hour was up. The graphics are nice and there is enough bonus cards and daily challenges to keep me interested and to make the game a bit different.

[Post New]by TuffTadpoles on Jun 1, 11 4:19 PM

A very good standard (klondike) solitaire game by the same folks who made the Slingo games. The powerups make the game much more interesting and enjoyable than the standard game; although, you can still play the game without the powerups if you'd prefer.

I thought it was a little odd that there was no single card draw option in the begining - only three card draw. However, I found this option was indeed available via one of the powerup cards (The Monk Card), so all is well in solitaire land. Single card draw is easier to win than three card draw. The game also has a quick-play feature that allows cards to be moved with a single mouse click as opposed to having to drag the cards to their destination. Quick-play can be turned on or off in the options menu.

If you think you'd like a standard game of solitaire with some fun new twists, then this is the perfect game to add to your card game collection. I like it.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Jun 3, 11 12:24 PM
I played this game until it timed out on me. If I lose track of time while playing that is usually a good indication that I am enjoying the game as I hate the surprise of that black screen and try to quit a game before that can happen.lol As other fishes have already said if you like card games and Klondike Solitaire in particular IMHO you will enjoy this one. It is a buy for me !
Thanks to all for the great reviews and comments.
Happy Gaming Everyone

[Post New]by burnelo on Aug 21, 11 11:36 AM
What is the highest number of points that can be made from this game? My highest has been over 7 million but am wondering how high it can go. Thanks!

NEPAT
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by NEPAT on Dec 19, 11 5:03 AM
Fabulous "Klondike" game with plenty of add-ons to make it different from the crowd. Theme is Medieval which is cute. I play it at least once a day, if for nothing more than completing the day's bonus game. I look forward to those and will often play them before I go to bed

Rates a big from me!

[Post New]by JirafaVanidosa on Dec 25, 11 9:19 AM
There is a sequel of this game on the dev`s site: Solitaire Kingdom Quest. I wonder if it will appear here ...

Go to: