shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Chit Chat, Rants and Other Comments

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 22, 11 12:17 AM
Good morning! I hope this posts, I was on the website earlier and I was still having major problems with page time outs, lagging, etc... I know the techs are working on it so I am crossing my fingers! Okay, I am going to give this demo a "test drive".

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Chit Chat, Rants and Other Comments

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 22, 11 12:34 AM
Hi there,
DL of demo the slowest for me over the last 4 days.
Posts stuffed - 4 lost to the ethernet in this forum alone.
I posted (elsewhere) earlier that things seemed to be faster, but now back to snailtime.
Hope this gets through the fog/smog/slime/jello or whatever is clogging the ethernetwaves.
Will wait a few hours - or more than a few seeing as how it is still Sunday morning time.
Good luck and patience to you all.
Cheers

Rose151
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by Rose151 on May 22, 11 12:45 AM
The only problem I've had is how slowly this game moves. I didn't have any problems with the d/l or playing although maybe I should delete and download again.
Happy Sunday all!

vickie39
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by vickie39 on May 22, 11 12:45 AM
my e-mail has about 20 order confirmations this morning of games I've already purchased. This place is getting dangerous. I've cancelled so they can't take money out of my account. Anybody else?? Better check your e-mail.

Rose151
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by Rose151 on May 22, 11 12:51 AM
vickie39 wrote:my e-mail has about 20 order confirmations this morning of games I've already purchased. This place is getting dangerous. I've cancelled so they can't take money out of my account. Anybody else?? Better check your e-mail.

Vickie39, thanks for the heads up. While this may be a glitch, I'm sure you are going to contact your credit card company soonest. Good luck!

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by grannyq on May 22, 11 12:54 AM
I've played the game for 30 minutes and took a break to check the forums. Games OK. Girl on island searching for Father and has a monkey sidekick. Lots of inventory items to find. Hints recharge quickly and work in scenes as well as H O'S . I don't know how long it is but it has lots of bugs, snakes, and spiders as I know some people hate those. I'll finish the demo and go from there.

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by grannyq on May 22, 11 12:59 AM
vickie39 wrote:my e-mail has about 20 order confirmations this morning of games I've already purchased. This place is getting dangerous. I've cancelled so they can't take money out of my account. Anybody else?? Better check your e-mail.
Thanks vickie39! I checked my e-mail but mine's OK. However, as you said, it never hurts to check.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on May 22, 11 1:09 AM
Have a great sunday
The download started very slowly and finished in a flash !!!
Off to check my mails......

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on May 22, 11 1:17 AM
@vickie: thanks, I checked out OK. Hope yours is just a glitch
in the e-mails and nothing charged. Good Luck.

D/L and hope it's decent as the screenshots look crisp, clear
and NOT DARK. yea. Of course, it did take me 7 attempts
to get actual pictures of the screenshots and not the
dreaded red X;s.

Hope they get all of these lags, delays and glitches on the
forums fixed soon.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 22, 11 1:36 AM
AAAAAAAAAAhhh.... I typed a whole post and it disappeared!! OMG that is so frustrating... I replied to several posts here and I just don't have the patience to retype the whole thing. So, DragonLady, Vickie, grannyq and Rose - I did put in my two cents on everything but it is now lost in the ozone....

Hi Poutoule!! Hi Joyce!!

I saw in the CCC that the techs are working on all of these website issues but I guess they aren't done yet...

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on May 22, 11 1:48 AM
Good Morning all

The forums are driving me crazy, If I see oops once more I'll Woops something !

Shadowfax, I am still in the habit of copying everything I post (if it is of length) before sending from the good old MSN days LOL.

I love this game. It is so like The Wild Thornberry's but for grwn ups, but there again, The Wild Thornberry's is good for grownups too LOL.

Catch you all later,

Jojo

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on May 22, 11 3:28 AM
Jojo, excellent review!!! (well, goofyduck is already known, but you are new).

I liked too the reviews of DeadRiver, especially "The good, the bad, and the ugly"...

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on May 22, 11 3:28 AM
It took so long for my message to appear in the C&R that it popped out exactly where I didn't want it to be ! It's annoying too not to get the images of the game, just an X and a red square. I guess I should be thankful as yesterday morning I couldn't even download the games.... Nothing drastic with my BFG mails, just the usual ones, hard luck Vickie39. Hope it gets sorted out with no damage for your credit card

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on May 22, 11 3:38 AM
PS : Jojo I forgot to say how good your reviews are, I really appreciated them (and still do !) while Goofy was away. I won't mention her as she must be fed up with us all saying how good she is !

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on May 22, 11 3:47 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:Jojo, excellent review!!! (well, goofyduck is already known, but you are new).

I liked too the reviews of DeadRiver, especially "The good, the bad, and the ugly"...

Have to agree - I look for Goofy, JoJo, DeadRiver & also Cherb who all give the types of review that I find really helpful.
(Cherb thanks for the heads up on the 2nd H0 scene, finding 6 spiders on one screen would be too much for me - I can cope with one but 6 is way too many)

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on May 22, 11 4:35 AM
Of course, Sea, Cherb has penetrating eyes, and gives us excellent opinion and point of view.

...I didn't mention her because she is from the "oldies"... Just wanted to compliment the "youngsters"...

stevieferr
Clownfish
Clownfish
770 Posts

[Post New]by stevieferr on May 22, 11 5:07 AM
Morning all seems we are having gremlins todays not downloaded yet but just from the picture of the game it looks a cutsy game still unbiased review in Stevies Slot later

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on May 22, 11 5:10 AM
Thank you all for the kind words about my reviews !

Glad to be of assistance.

I love reading the reviews esp as quite often they will pick up on an aspect I had over looked or perhaps hadn't enjoyed so much because "I didn't get it". ( Happens more often then I let on LOL )

And Rebeca Lily, you are my new best friend. A 47 year old youngster {{{xxx}}}

LOL

Jojo

stevieferr
Clownfish
Clownfish
770 Posts

[Post New]by stevieferr on May 22, 11 5:46 AM
Im 58[59 this year] so how old is everyone here have we got loads of silver surfers[lol] or loads of youngsters who dont like Playstation or Xbox gaming

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on May 22, 11 6:00 AM
Jojo, you all are "youngsters", compared to me. My daughter is 47 years old, and was born when I was 25...

But I have "young" soul, still kicking...

Go to: