SoozUSA
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for: Frozen Kingdom

[Post New]by SoozUSA on May 23, 11 12:17 AM
A no buy for me.

The snowmen and the icicles in the first few boards are way too much the same color.

Unless you press and hold CTRL it's very difficult to see the ivory squares on the white background.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on May 23, 11 12:25 AM
Was so looking forwards to a new M3. This one looked like it was going to be just that. The music is annoying, even after ten mins of play I can't get the tune out of my head :-((
But most annoying is the fact you can't see which tiles you need to get rid of without keep pressing the ctrl key.
It has four different ways of playing which is nice and a relaxed option.
Looked like a lot of work had gone into this game, so why the one fundamental flaw?
Was bored after a short while though so a no buy for me.

glowfish
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by glowfish on May 23, 11 12:29 AM
Agreed - I couldn't tell which blocks I still needed to 'clear'. Couldn't tell which was background and which was a solid block. Deleted after first three screens - painful to play. I found myself squinting and leaning into the computer screen, my nose bumped the screen!

I was also surprised not to see any accumulative type bonuses, or any special reactions for things like multiple clears from one switch (chain reaction kind of thing), or for clearing 6 or 9 or whatever in one move, etc. Those are the things that keep me interested and challenged in a game. Were those in the hard level? I hate timed so I had to pick relaxed.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on May 23, 11 1:03 AM

I played in timed mode and its quite a nice game with 4 modes of game play and a rotating board feature. Good obstacles and challenges.

Cons: irritating music (can be turned way down), the colors for tiles are bland and the sound effects are not my taste.

But, overall, Its a buy for me!

Edited on 05/23/2011 at 1:53:25 AM PST

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 23, 11 1:30 AM
Thanks goofyduck77 for starting this thread!

Hey Fishies!

What do you think of Frozen Kingdom? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 23, 11 1:41 AM
Thanks GoofyDuck for starting this thread!!
Also for another great review...

Menesa
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Menesa on May 23, 11 2:09 AM
The uncleared tiles were difficult to pick up and as been said the tiles are too similar in design.
Guess the only thing I could say in the positive was the tokens didn't dazzle my eyes ...but then I only played 25 mins of the trial.
Im not sure what the story was,why fairyland was frozen or who I was meant to represent, other than my mission was to free fairyland from ice and snow... guess it will have to remain frozen as I wont be buying this game even on a DD.
I found it boring, with cheaply done visual effects, really awful muzak very much doubt whether its really a new release.
jmho
salaams

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on May 23, 11 4:43 AM
Played 50 minutes of the demo. Thumbs down from me too. The music and sound environment were awful, and the game crashed twice while I was going from the game to settings and back to adjust it.

I agree about the background tiles being hard to see. When you press the left Ctrl button to see them, it is a slow process. Gameplay is slow overall as well.

Decorating the Lab was ok, but that was a small part of the game. I liked the game pieces okay, and some of the artwork was decent.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on May 23, 11 5:46 AM
I have played many good match 3 games over the last year on bigfishgames, but this isn`t a good game. No buy for me

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on May 23, 11 6:26 AM
Have been waiting forever, for a good M3 to play, and since they are far and few, in-between, I am keeping fins crossed, that I'll love this game.
Although from reading the reviews, I am not getting my hopes up, off to try :-)

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on May 23, 11 6:44 AM
Blahh, this was a boring match 3 game. Like others said, the bricks to take out looked the same all the others. No buy here.

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on May 23, 11 6:56 AM
I like this little game! It is a different approach to M3 games. I like being able to choose the board I want to use . I played the hour and was challenged. Lots of fun left to play.
Have a great day fellow fishies!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on May 23, 11 9:40 AM
this is not your average M3 game... even with the flaw of not being able to reallytell which blocks were clear and which you still needed to get clear, the game has a lot going for it...

don't know what happened to my sound, but i didn't have any music at all, so... the game was fine i played the full hour and was surprised to see that time was up did i really play that long? well, i guess i did!

the beginning is a little slow, but i immediately told the tutorial to go away and i played it all on my own... there are bonus levels where you can earn more points for outfitting your lab - they are more the "puzzle" type of M3 boards... most were either "get the flame to the frozen block" or "drop the snowflakes off the board" and employed the turn arrows on the sides of the board...

i played in relaxed mode, as i always do when checking out a new M3 game, and was delighted to see that i could play so many different modes in the game - i like swap, because i feel like i have more control, but there are three other modes of play: chain, slide, and group... after the first few boards the tiles begin to add up, too... new ones popping in every few levels, making it a little more difficult to get those easy matches... then there are the chains and what i called "blocked" pieces which were held by something that looked like a sewer grate... getting rid of these is a doozy! and i ran out of clicks on the last level i played... what?! i played relaxed so i would have more time, but the game still limited me in the number of clicks i had on the board never finished that one...

despite the fun i had, i don't think i will be picking it up today, but i am definitely putting it in the maybe file

pecabo1338
Clownfish
Clownfish
549 Posts

[Post New]by pecabo1338 on May 23, 11 10:12 AM
Sorry I purchased this game. In the Relaxed mode, the game is giving me replay screens. No other option. So in other words I paid for 9 levels. I'm moving it to the dead games folder.

Also I broke all the boxes more than 3 times and the last 2 chains refuse to bust, with Control-C they are clear. This is a level where you only get 100 moves. The Relaxed Mode means NOTHING!!!

I hate it.

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on May 23, 11 10:37 AM
Much as I love Match-3 games, I'm sorry I bought this one. Many have mentioned the serious flaw with the inability to see the tiles that need to be broken. I also hate the chains that seem to take 10-20 matches to clear. No fun. But I became really frustrated at level 21 (I think), where you get 100 clicks to clear two narrow boards with ice down the middle (including double ice) and lots of double tiles. You can move any tokens anywhere to set up a match, but each space moved is a click, so even one two-part setup is a big burn of turns. I have lost this stupid level 5 times, burned up some of my bonus bombs and some expensive purchased bombs (no free bombs for even huge matches ) and I'm still facing the same stupid level. No pass, no skip. And I consider myself a slow but canny Match-3 player who normally does very well at untimed play, and even play with a relatively forgiving timer. I guess I'll start the game over and save all of my bombs this time so I can blast that stupid level to bits. (I am seriously peeved at the developer, though.)

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on May 23, 11 1:37 PM
gimmegames wrote:Played 50 minutes of the demo. Thumbs down from me too. The music and sound environment were awful, and the game crashed twice while I was going from the game to settings and back to adjust it.

That happened to me, too. I had to turn off my computer to get out of the game. The game did work OK for me after I went back in, deleted the game, re-installed.
Still, a little discouraging...

JayneMae
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by JayneMae on May 23, 11 4:04 PM
so sad - was waiting forever for a new M3 and this one is REALLY bad. 5 minutes was all I could take & I usually finish the entire demo. Come on BF - PLEASE give us a great M3.

[Post New]by heatherington on May 23, 11 4:57 PM
I just thought I would give it a try, with no real intention of buying. I could not see the blocks that I needed to break, they blended into the background too well. If it's not a Fishdom, I'm really not interested. But, like I say, just though I would check it out.

mazomaiden
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by mazomaiden on May 23, 11 5:39 PM
Just don't like this at all. Everything looks the same color and and I hate having to hold the control key to see what tiles need to be broken. The song is awful! Can we get a really good match three or a game like Cave Quest please?

RU14ME2C
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by RU14ME2C on May 23, 11 5:49 PM
I love Match 3's, but this 1 will be a definite NO BUY for me.

I always turn off the music before I play, so I didn't have to listen to the apparently hideous rhythms. I am the biggest fan of swaps only, and even in other games that offer the other 3 options, I rarely like to use them at all. In this game, certain levels make that impossible (like the level where you have to move fire to ice, would be impossible without the move rows options). The challenge of that sorta impressed me, but the trouble with that, combined with the absurdity of some of the following levels, AND the fact that the tiles yet to be uncovered are SO HARD to see without pushing the CONTROL button, which also has a very slow lag time to see which tiles are left, then going back to see the actual tiles on the board : ALL of this makes it completely frustrating and a pass from me.

I love when M3 developers switch things up to add new play options, and this game definitely had potential, but they seemed to give up too soon on making it a great game.

Edited on 05/23/2011 at 5:50:13 PM PST

Go to: