DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Supermarket Management 2

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 24, 11 12:22 AM
Hi there,
Well the official forum was up very quickly tonight, so I hope those of you who have tried this or are interested in this genre of game can enlighten others as to its merits.
Cheers

Edited on 05/24/2011 at 12:45:29 AM PST

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Supermarket Management 2

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on May 24, 11 12:46 AM
Hi fishies,

I've gone ahead and stickied this thread; thanks for creating it!

We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on May 24, 11 1:10 AM

I really don't like TM games because I'm really bad at them - but this was very cute and easy enough for me to get GOLD twice in a row so, it will likely be too easy for anyone who is good at these fast clicking games.

P.S. The little dance she does at the end of a level is charming.

Edited on 05/24/2011 at 1:11:27 AM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 24, 11 1:18 AM
Hi there jkuci,
Thanks for your input.
Cheers

DeadRiver
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,688 Posts

[Post New]by DeadRiver on May 24, 11 1:23 AM
Review based on the demo

The Good
The music was cute, uplifting, upbeat and fun. The characters were all enchanting, especially the shopping grannies.

The Bad
As the levels progressed there were too many things for this player to do. Too many counters to stock. Too many customers asking for too many different things. Too many customers to ring up. Too many shopping carriages to push to the front of the store.

The Ugly
Nothing ugly about it. It was cute and fun but I'm not a whiz at time management games.

The Verdict

Cute for its genre, but not my cup of tea .

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on May 24, 11 1:48 AM
Hooray! Another TM and this one is great!!! The one that i looking forward for, i did the beta of it and i really loved it. I liked the first one and so this one. Many new features and changes. Mini games are quite fun, the game is not too hard but not that easy. Yes, this is not one of the TM with the greatest and the most colorful graphics but the game is so cute, the storyline and the characters. If you're TM lovers you shouldn't miss this one! A BUY for me for sure!

PS. If you find that there're too many things to do in the game, don't worry - there'll be many assistants you can buy to help you (Cashier, Carriage, Meat, stock filling and maybe more)

Edited on 05/24/2011 at 4:51:07 AM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 24, 11 1:54 AM
TeamSD wrote:Hooray! Another TM and this one is great!!! The one that i looking forward for, i did the beta of it and i really loved it. I liked the first one and so this one. Many new features and changes. Mini games are quite fun, the game is not too hard but not that easy. If you're TM lovers you shouldn't miss this one! A BUY for me for sure!

Hi there TeamSD,
Great to hear from another TM fan. I hope others will take your recommendations on-board when considering this game.
Cheers

goeash
Koi
Koi
83,226 Posts

[Post New]by goeash on May 24, 11 2:01 AM
I really enjoy TM games, and have played Supermarket management 1 quite a few times, so I am looking forward to this one.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 24, 11 2:08 AM
goeash wrote:I really enjoy TM games, and have played Supermarket management 1 quite a few times, so I am looking forward to this one.

Hi there goeash,
Sometimes sequels don't live up to expectations, but I sincerely hope this isn't the case on this occasion and you have a good time with this game. TeamSD obviously did.
Cheers.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on May 24, 11 4:40 AM
I have played the first Supermarket Management a few times and liked it alot. This game is on the same quality, maybe even better. I like this game too and its a buy for me

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on May 24, 11 5:18 AM
The first Supermarket Management is one of my very favorite TM games, so I'm thrilled to see this sequel today! I don't think I'll be disappointed since it looks like they've kept the main elements of the previous game. A sure buy for me. Thanks devs and BFG.

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on May 24, 11 7:30 AM
Hello Fishes,

Well I have been a very naughty fishie & bought this one although I still have ages to go with Joy of Farming.

I tried the demo not expecting to buy & failed miserably.

I have SM1 and have played it only twice and each time I never finished it as it was too difficult. I have played 30 levels and so far find this game a lot easier than the first, that is not to say this game is easy LOL.

Having said that I bought & last played SM1 in 2009 & I expect my TM skills have vastly improved through practice

The story is cute if predictable, the graphics are nice if basic and the music will probably annoy most but I don't tent to hear it.

Although it is a TM game I found it not too stressful, because instead of having to do this that & the other in a certain time, (which you do have to do), it is more a case of do the best you can where ever you can.

The character does this mean little dance at the end of the level, & she is quite a babe too LOL. It is a lovely touch.

I was not sure how long this game would be but as I completed level 3, 10 more stars came up & there is space for another set after that.

My only gripe is if you do not get expert or what ever you want & you want to replay that level, you do not keep your stars (that are used to buy upgrades) from your previous effort, your score just resorts back to what it was before you tried that level for the first time.

Having said that I have only had to reply 3 levels and each time it was because of a mistake or a miss click on my behalf. The time allowed to get your scores is adequate.

All in all a very nice game.

I'll add more later if there is any thing else to say.

Enjoy

Jojo

ETA :The difference between the "pass" goal and "expert" goal is quite minimal so that all helps with those little gold stars LOL.

Edited on 05/24/2011 at 7:39:00 AM PST

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on May 24, 11 7:38 AM
thanks to all you fishies who have been there already and confirmed a game worth giving a shot!

loved the first in this series and i'm sure there will more of the same, but i'm looking forward to it!

thanks again, and i will have my own review later

ojennifer
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by ojennifer on May 24, 11 8:09 AM
Ah.Ah.Ah.
Hey, hey, hey

I liked the first one, this one is similar. you can upgrade between levels, bigger shelves, cashier, etc.

the mini games are easy, pick the right product. there is one for rish, meat, and fruit.

not a bad TM game.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on May 24, 11 8:20 AM
Enjoyable TM game. The minigame of catching the fish cracks me up...mostly cause I can't catch the right one. The game itself has one big pro - when you buy staff, they move stores with you!!!! That right there is the biggest maker for me. Interesting and it seems to have several levels. I agree with a previous poster (jkuci), the dance she does is charming.

This game is an A.

edited to correct name of poster and cause apparently I have lost the ability to spell

Edited on 05/24/2011 at 8:23:14 AM PST

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on May 24, 11 8:48 AM
Guess I'm in the minority here. I was not much of a fan of the first one, so I also found this one a little boring & repetitious. It is imo better than the first. There are a lot of upgrades, which I always like. I like the right click to quickly cancel your plans & be able to move to a closer station. While the assistants are great, they are REALLY slow. I would have liked an upgrade to speed them up & also for the manager to help them with whatever task to get it done quickly. I do think this game would be fun for kids & people who don't like high stress TM games. I played through the first 2 stores & was able to pass & mostly get gold stars fairly easily so hopefully there is not the frustration of failing early on that scares off non-TM players. Anyway, a cute enough game, but not up my alley.

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on May 24, 11 9:56 AM
Well I was all excited BF even posted on facebook to check this game out but I already own Supermarket Mania. I got 8 minutes into the demo and well it's a no buy for me. But I do hope whoever is excited about this enjoys!

vonniefaye
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by vonniefaye on May 24, 11 10:21 AM
Don't want to be a rotten apple here, but as much as I love TM games, I don't love this one. I have Supermarket Mania 2 and IMO it was a much better market type game. The little gal moves so slow I want to scream and give her a kick start. Her little end dance is cute, but that is about all that charms me here.

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BossBrat on May 24, 11 11:41 AM
I LOVED SM1 and when I was asked to beta test this one, I was so excited! Then I started playing. YUK! It was 'all over the place'. I couldn't find a 'pace' with this one the way I did the first game. And, after the first few levels, it gets harder and harder to beat the clock. Not my cup of tea.

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on May 24, 11 12:14 PM
While I'm not a fan of the click frenzy games. This one isn't too bad and it gets better as you add employees to do things for you. The cashier, cart boy, the meat/cheese girl. The only thing I haven't liked so far is the angry customer. Don't even mind the occasional shopper just leaving their cart. I've gotten gold on all the levels and I'm almost through the second store. I got booted from the game so that tells me they must have done something right, if I was enjoying it enough to play through the hour and get tossed, went and purchased it.

Go to: