derekthedj
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Does the rest of the game play like the first hour?

[Post New]by derekthedj on May 24, 11 11:40 AM
Did the trial and enjoyed it, the first hour went by quick, but I feel like I've played this game before. For instance, I own Recettear which is an Americanized version of a popular japanese economic sim and it's similar to Chocolatier in many ways. Other games like Port Royale have the same buy, sell, trade underpinnings.

The minigame of actually creating the different chocolates is innovative. I'm just trying to figure out if there's more to it than growing the business and gathering enough money to complete quests. Thanks in advance.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

Re:Does the rest of the game play like the first hour?

[Post New]by bfgHondo on May 24, 11 1:43 PM
Hi derekthedj!

You can see what some of your fellow fishies are saying about Chocolatier over in our Chocolatier DD--Comments and Reviews thread.

Hope this helps and happy gaming!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by treechild on May 26, 11 1:50 PM
Hello, derekthedj!
Interestingly, this is one of the first games I ever purchased, but today was the first time that I actually focused my mind on completing it.
In answer to your question, basically what you have seen it was you get. There is no "dungeon crawling" or "pirates" in this one ;p The main goal is to "journey" around "collecting" whatever recipes are neccessary to reconcile Evangeline Baumeister with her sister Rowena. If you manage your money well, then the game and storyline are just that simple. I'm not saying that is a bad thing, as I really do enjoy this series of titles, but if you are looking for more depth of gameplay there really isn't any. The second and third titles in the series add a little more depth and creativity to the creation process but are also both very similar in overall game structure.
If you enjoyed the first hour of play and think that it will hold your interest collecting recipes and reuniting the sisters through the "storyline" for several more hours, then it is a good buy. But, the game is only as hard as you make it, as I was able to sustain my operations on basic chocolate bars while I only devoted one or two factories to making new things and advancing the storyline. I even completed the main story without collecting two of the recipes (although I found one afterward). I can see it being very difficult trying to keep up with ingredients with all six factories churning out different things.
Hope this helps! Peace!

derekthedj
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by derekthedj on May 27, 11 3:46 AM
Thank you, that was very helpful.

DutchJames
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by DutchJames on May 27, 11 5:32 AM
Very nice first post, treechild. I think you summed it up well. Welcome to the board for both you and Derek.

Go to: