LULU5635
Marlin
Marlin
8,049 Posts

Stuck in Dark Dimensions, The City of Fog .

[Post New]by LULU5635 on May 24, 11 4:15 PM
Help ! I played and finished Dark Dimensions,The City of Fog. If anyone has played the Bonus play,help a sista fish out. The game itself was a challenge,a pretty good one! But I persevered and whupped it . Not without some cussing and hair pulling(my own) mind you,but done is done! I started the Bonus play and it went smoothly at first, but now I'm stuuuuck. I'm in an underground bunker,where the doctor learned and practiced his magic. I need a screwdriver I can't find,I need a gear of some sort, and I need a code to unlock a door. I can't leave here. I can't go back to town but I can see it. I came here on a mine car but it won't take me back. I'm wandering around in this bunker,well, like I said, I'm stuuuck! Gimmee a hand or a fin,won't you?

tayers81
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,692 Posts

Re:Stuck in Dark Dimensions, The City of Fog .

[Post New]by tayers81 on May 24, 11 4:59 PM
Hi LULU!

To get into the library you'll need to:

****Spoiler**** Did you get the rag from the alligator in the room where the doctor stayed? Once you get that, you'll need to back out of that room and use it to mop up the oil spill on the steps to the left. Once you do, there should be a hint to help you break the code on the tumbler. Once you figure it out, it'll open up the library to you and that's where you'll get the screwdriver. ****End of Spoiler****

Let me know if I don't make sense or if you still need help!

LULU5635
Marlin
Marlin
8,049 Posts

[Post New]by LULU5635 on May 24, 11 6:10 PM
Thanks,tayers81, I got " to get into the library you'll need to: So I guess that censor program got the rest of it! Unless you're punking me! You wouldn't do that,would you?
Tayers, I'm just a sweet, poor old lady,stuck in a bunker,with no way out! It's not nice to punk old ladies ,especially sweet ones,
I think it was the censor,I heard him mumbling something about "spoilers"!
Oh,well, I guess I,go back to wandering around. Hope I don't fall and break a hip!

tayers81
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,692 Posts

[Post New]by tayers81 on May 24, 11 6:16 PM
Hi LULU!

Sorry--I whited out the directions so as not to spoil it for anyone looking at this thread. To read it, you'll just have to highlight between where it says "Spoiler" until "End of Spoiler" and you'll be able to read the text.

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on May 25, 11 3:22 AM
Hi fishies,

Just a quick head's up that I'm going to go ahead and pop this thread over into the Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition game forum and this discussion can be continued here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

LULU5635
Marlin
Marlin
8,049 Posts

[Post New]by LULU5635 on May 25, 11 9:04 AM
OK, tayers, so you weren't punking me intentionally, so no hard feelings. I apologize to the censor program for casting aspersions on his sterling character.
In explanation for my jumping to rash conclusions, If I hadn't been so stressed from all that time ,spent rattling around ,aimlessly, in that darn bunker,with no means of escape, I would have thought to uncode your message to me. Sometimes I forget, in the pond, its not just one fish talking to another,but many,many fish ears listening,who my not have played the game yet.I say "yet", because you'll surely want to now. I'm headed back there now!
Mea Culpa,one and all.

LULU5635
Marlin
Marlin
8,049 Posts

[Post New]by LULU5635 on May 25, 11 5:26 PM
Oh,tayers, I am feeling lower than the ulcer in a snakes belly. I had already gotten the rag,cleaned up the oil, went up the steps and into that room. I must have left the darn screwdriver behind. Now I can't get back in. All I have in my inventory is a blowtorch and volume 6 of a book. Not the one in the birdcage. The only thing I can see to do is delete myself and start over. The approach to Silverton, do the whole game again to get to the Bonus play. I may wait a day or so and watch this thread for more ideas. I'm not in the right frame of mind to play right now anyway.

Reading back over this post makes me feel like a big crybaby! I'm 62 years old, for Gods sake, whining over a game! You'd think some of my people had died! Sorry for being a downer.

tayers81
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,692 Posts

[Post New]by tayers81 on May 25, 11 9:14 PM
Hi LULU!

Sorry--I just now saw this...please don't feel badly....we all get frustrated with a game now and then. I sometimes forget not everyone knows how some people code spoilers. I'm glad you figured it out...it sounds like you might have a glitch or something because you should be able to get back in. I've hit snags here and there too and have had to restart using a new profile...not fun, especially when you're at the end...good luck!!

LULU5635
Marlin
Marlin
8,049 Posts

[Post New]by LULU5635 on May 30, 11 8:10 PM
Good news tayers, my friend. Today I dl'd Tearstone,but felt like such a wimp leaving D.D. sitting there that I quit pouting and went back in. I discovered the room I was trying to re-enter wasn't a room at all,just a bunch of pipes I had rearranged earlier. I still didn't have the code for the tumbler lock and didn't know where to find it. So I just started doing random spins and the darn thing opened! The rest fell right into place and I'm done!Now I can start Tearstone with a clear conscience . Thanks for the help and encouragement. I'm a better person for having endured it! LOL

Edited on 05/30/2011 at 8:11:59 PM PST

tayers81
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,692 Posts

[Post New]by tayers81 on May 31, 11 4:11 PM
Wooo Hooooo!!!! I'm really happy that you figured it out and were able to finish the bonus content! It's a great game, so I'm glad you were able to enjoy ALL of it finally! Just think--you'll NEVER forget that part of the game if you decide to replay it!

[Post New]by Summerlyn26 on Nov 12, 11 10:53 AM
How did you access the Bonus chapter? I beat the main game but I don't see how to get to the Bonus. ????

lyrialice
Elephantfish
Elephantfish
55,156 Posts

[Post New]by lyrialice on Nov 12, 11 11:35 AM
hi Summerlyn26

The Bonus play is only in the Collectors Edition. Do you have the Collectors Edition or the Standard Edition.

If you have the CE it should be on the page where you start to play, change options etc., It would also have a Strategy Guide

Edited on 11/12/2011 at 11:38:03 AM PST

Go to: