cleoladycat
Manatee
Manatee
3,734 Posts

Todays DD 25 May 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by cleoladycat on May 25, 11 12:01 AM
Any comments fishes?

DeadRiver
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,688 Posts

Re:Todays DD 25 May 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by DeadRiver on May 25, 11 12:19 AM
Hi cleo, I'm downloading it now BUT by the reviews on here I'm not too sure if it will be a keeper. We shall see.

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by grannyq on May 25, 11 12:26 AM
I read the reviews and still decided to try it. I don't mind a few spot the difference but this is way too many for me. All the annoying factors the other gamers mentioned are still here. No buy for me!

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on May 25, 11 1:04 AM
I like this game. It's a "spot the differences" type of game, with mini puzzle. You play an art detective who tries to solve the different art cases and find the thieves. It's alot like the t.v. show "White Collar". Only a cartoon like version. lol The mini puzzles earn you money so you can buy supplies to help you solve the mysteries. Give this game a try for sure and try the all the mini games. The music is not to my liking...but I just turn it down. It has 3 modes of play and the hint reloads nice enough. It's not complicated and it's not a Hog. I really like game and at DD prices...what a deal! If you don't like the "spot the differences" type of games, this might not be for you...but at least give this one a try. The story just might make the difference for you. Thanks BF...I think it's a good game. It's something different and refreshing for a change.

Enjoy, I know I'm going to,
LovetoMissLisa

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on May 25, 11 2:25 AM
Well, said, LovetoMissLisa! I agree. After reading all the reviews and comments I almost didn't even try this game. But in the interest of fair play I did! And I played for 52 minutes without even realizing it! I like the variety of game play and the music didn't bother me at all. I am more of a "commenter" than "reviewer" so I won't add much to what you have already said except that I had no Tech problems with the d/l or the game play . I don't usually like STD games but I found myself enjoying the the different pictures and not really minding them at all! I played only on the easy mode so can't say how difficult the second and third modes are. I say try it, you might like it! One person's is another's relaxation! It's a buy for me and I'm looking forward to getting back to it! Happy Gaming All

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on May 25, 11 3:09 AM
I played the hour demo and am buying this one.

The gameplay is decent - the spot the difference games have very reasonable differences so far - entire items or large changes in size of something. I like the music, but would sometimes have liked a few more music changes. I like the graphics quality of the games as well, and the variety of pictures - floral still lives, portraits, architecture, indoor scenes, boats on the water, and so on. I found the artwork pleasing to look at.

The email interface has a few annoyances. I don't like the voice that announces the email arrival, and I don't like the flashing envelope in the corner that disturbs what you are doing (- actually that would not be an issue if the transitions back and forth to look at the email and go back to what you were doing were faster...). I rather like the idea of that interface, but it just wasn't worked out as pleasantly as the rest of the game.

Edited on 05/25/2011 at 3:10:53 AM PST

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on May 25, 11 3:32 AM
I'm one of the few that actually likes spot-the-difference games so I'm kind of excited about this offering.

Lule68
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by Lule68 on May 25, 11 3:40 AM
snapnhiss wrote:I'm one of the few that actually likes spot-the-difference games so I'm kind of excited about this offering.

I totally agree. This one has been on my DD list for a while so it's a buy for me!

linda43416
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by linda43416 on May 25, 11 11:34 AM
I love spot the difference games, can't wait to try. Going to do that right now, price is good too!

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on May 25, 11 12:17 PM
I like spot-the-difference games when they are done well, and I enjoy this game. I already picked it up a month or two ago either during a sale or using a coupon.

[Post New]by LakotaShaman on May 25, 11 12:22 PM
I dislike spot the diff games - but it's probably because I'm so bad at them. So as a daily deal, it's money well spent for me to hone my skills - lot of levels and difficulties - maybe it will help when spot the diff shows up in another game.

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on May 25, 11 2:03 PM
WOW was I pleasantly surprised!
I thought a STD game? That's great as a mini game but a whole game? But man my hour was up in no time! I got to email 21 or 22 and just logged into the police database and poof it's over. I thought the graphics were fantastic and the music was all right. I didn't turn it down or off it was like mood music. I do agree with the other reviewer about how that lady says "email" is a tad weird. The only other thing I thought was weird was a lot of these pictures were of drunk people passed out! What about scenery or something LOL. All in all I think this is a fantastic game and definitely well worth the $2.99 price.

maggieevans
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by maggieevans on May 25, 11 4:49 PM
As another one who enjoys find the differences, I bought as DD and have enjoyed playing. Most of them seemed very easy and the paintings, as others noted, were pretty interesting in and of themselves (fruit-face anyone?) I have run into a couple, however, that contained extremely subtle differences, so there does seem to be a range. There are some decent jigsaw puzzles and the mini-games are easy, relaxing fun. Yes, it has its flaws, but taken together they add a sort of weird charm to the whole thing.

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on May 25, 11 5:15 PM
I thought I'd bought this before because I do like STD games as well. But looking in my history I let this one slip. I will be buying without previewing because I do enjoy these types of games. Also, I find that because I have played this type of game so much that I am very quick to find the smallest details in things in real life. It's funny to me.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on May 25, 11 6:00 PM
When everyone else is going to be 110 and drooling in their oatmeal, we'll all be sharp as tacks from keeping our brains and eyes limber with these games.

[Post New]by hemi1968 on May 28, 11 11:32 AM
This is more of a confession than a review and hopefully you won't fall victim to impulse purchases like this one. I needed a game to play and this was cheap so I bought it. Stupid! Not only is it boring and repetitive, the spot the difference items are so irrelevant that it is a complete waste of time. I was feeling cocky and tried to Advanced level and it's ridiculous because the differences are so small. And it won't let me go back and change to Easy level unless I create a new profile and frankly I don't care that much.
I keep trying to play it and get some enjoyment out of it but I can't stay with it for more than 10 minutes. I guess I learned the hard way that this game just isn't for me, even if it was only 2.99.
And maybe it's just me but the "You Got An Email" robot voice was really annoying. Next time I'll replay one of the many other great games I have in inventory!

Go to: