bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Art Detective

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on May 25, 11 12:26 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Art Detective? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Art Detective

[Post New]by Poutoule on May 25, 11 4:06 AM
If I wanted to get an idea about today's DD... I'm not a winner !!!!!!!!!

drangelfish
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by drangelfish on May 25, 11 5:46 AM
It's hard to believe that NOBODY has reviewed this game. I'll play the demo and post my first review. Do not expect me to be speedy .

drangelfish
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by drangelfish on May 25, 11 7:43 AM
The beginning off Art Detective was, mainly, to find the differences between two paintings. The only other mini-game I was able to play in my demo was a "flip the cards" type of game . It was unlike " Memory" as all the cards were flipped up at once and you were to choose the card without a match. If you were a faster gamer than I am you could earn power-ups. I don't like to use the "Hint" button so I'm sure other players would get much further in the game than I did. I was only able to buy a magnifying glass in the amount of time it took me to play the demo. This is exactly the type of game that people who don't like to play HOG's should enjoy. There is no back-tracking as you go straight to your "Job" from your e-mail and there was very little storyline once you started solving your cases. The only "Sour NOTE" for me was exactly that ! I must have missed the "OPTIONS' button because I usually lower the music. In my opinion the music was repeticious and the female voice that announced your e-mail was annoying. The only "evidence" in my case was a fingerprint. Again, faster gamers than I will obviously make more progress. This is not a stress inducing game. You can choose between three difficulty levels and, even being slow, I didn't run out of time. Actually, I even got a few time bonuses. I can't make a recommendation on whether or not you should buy buy

Sublu78
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Sublu78 on Jul 30, 11 7:33 PM
If you like Spot-the-Difference games, (And I know there are people who do.) then this will be great. If you have young children, or are under 10 yourself, then again, great! Hours of absorbing fun! (Absolutely NO offense intended to grown up fans of these type of games!!)
But if, like me, you were looking for a Hidden Object detective game, along the lines of Nick Chase or Little Noir Stories, - avoid this at all costs!
It's basically a huge Spot-the-Difference game using 'old masters' type artworks, with a splash of Guess Who and Memory type games thrown in.
I was disappointed, but fortunately, I got it on Daily Deal, and didn't waste too much money.
Live and learn and play the demo first! Lol!
Cheers!

[Post New]by lucypm46 on Mar 5, 12 1:14 PM
I really liked the game. But then again I like "spot the difference games." The pictures towards the end were a little more challenging, however, I think that I am now stuck....I am not sure. I don't know how to check.

RiaBonus
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by RiaBonus on Nov 3, 12 12:06 PM
No I didn’t even get through the first 5mins of the trial I thought it would be like other games where U practice ur skills and judgment

Ria Bonus

Edited on 11/03/2012 at 12:07:30 PM PST

Level 8

[Post New]by V1v1enne on Apr 10, 13 1:55 AM
About level 8 i dont know how to get through! Someone help! Im stuck and i cant figure out how to level up to level 9.

Go to: