bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Midnight Mysteries: Devil on the Mississippi Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 26, 11 12:05 AM
Welcome to Midnight Mysteries: Devil on the Mississippi Collector's Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Midnight Mysteries: Devil on the Mississippi Collector's Edition players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

schobey
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

Re:Welcome to Midnight Mysteries: Devil on the Mississippi Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by schobey on May 26, 11 12:37 AM
Just wondering why game says length of 576mb, but download is only 293,294 mb? Allready purchased game.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Welcome to Midnight Mysteries: Devil on the Mississippi Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 26, 11 12:43 AM
Hi there schobey,
Did you hit the Try it Button before you bought it?
If so, you will have to download it again to get the full version.
Choose "Already purchased this Game" if you are in the Game Manager.
Cheers

schobey
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by schobey on May 26, 11 12:47 AM
Thanks Dragon Lady Oz, but last 4 CE bought outright without try, just like this one. Maybe thats all it is. Thank you much tho. My bad, just realized thats 294 kb, not mb. Oops my bad

Edited on 05/26/2011 at 12:56:10 AM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 26, 11 1:05 AM
Hi there schobey,
I just purchased this game and didn't get another option to "download the full game", so I thought I would pop back in here to see what had happened.
No problemo about the mistaken file size. Seems "small" compared to other games, but this has already been discussed in other forums and may not have any reference to the actual length or worthiness of the game play.
Hope this is the case with this game....also hope we all have as much fun with this one as with the others in this series - SPOILER (highlight below)
I also see the collection of clovers and crows is back - I wonder if there will be any other surpises??
Cheers

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on May 26, 11 1:17 AM
I suggest bfgFlounder to beware - after a long starvation, the fishies became Sharks!!! Fact, 600 MB are already eaten...

I didn't get too the option to download again the full version...

Edited on 05/26/2011 at 8:41:02 AM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 26, 11 1:46 AM
Hi there Rebeca Lily,
Yes, if we haven't downloaded the full game after purchasing, the s that seemed to have taken over the forums etc recently will seem small potatoes to the hue and cry that will occur if this is so!!!
Cheers

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on May 26, 11 2:04 AM
I am downloading now (I don't believe that I said that! ) from my "purchase history" account, and the size is again 294 MB. What is going on?

Edited on 05/26/2011 at 3:36:26 AM PST

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 26, 11 4:45 AM
My game size (on my drive where I install my games) is 551MB.
I didn't download demo first, I bought straight out and downloaded that way.
So, my game is the right size... if that matters to anyone but me.

Check the file size after the game downloads and installs!!

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on May 26, 11 7:01 AM
Oooohhh, and I thought the small ate the Megas (or the starving HOGers)...

You are right: in C:/Program Files/Midnight Misteries is written "black on white" in the 'properties' section:

587,780,096 bites

Thanks, Shadow!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 26, 11 7:04 AM
That's odd. It looks like a timed trial text with a sample-version-sized download. You won't get the full-sized download unless you buy the game.

Edited on 05/26/2011 at 7:05:42 AM PST

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on May 26, 11 8:24 PM
Strange...I downloaded the demo and then bought. And all it did was activate. Did have to download anything else. But the file has the right size as shadowfax mentioned.

That's supposed to be Didn't have to download anything else....

Edited on 05/27/2011 at 5:13:29 AM PST

eyesore
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by eyesore on May 27, 11 8:42 AM
Nice graphics although some objects extremely tiny. Could be fun to play if it could be "tweaked" so as to move along at better than a snail's pace. Nearly dozed off playing the demo. Not a buy.

[Post New]by ferreleddins on May 28, 11 12:35 PM
I'm stuck with the mop - can't make it clean the floor. Any suggestions?

Renee48
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Renee48 on May 28, 11 2:10 PM
help pls I downloaded the game but i cant open it
message said already another game playing
i am having troubles playing the last 3 collection editions
can you help
tks

[Post New]by karangi on May 30, 11 2:47 AM
i cant find the postage stamp

Welcome to Midnight Mysteries: Devil on the Mississippi Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by brdwoman on May 30, 11 4:27 PM
I am ate the gate with Tom S, I have fix the fence and have the paint and brush. I can't get pasted this point. When trying too give Tom the paint and brush nothing works.help please.

mloffredo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by mloffredo on Jun 1, 11 12:47 PM
I purchased the game...very pleased with it up until now. I am at the iron gate that leads to the raft. How do the gates open???? I tried everything I could think of. The guide does not explain how the gates open...only shows them open. Please help!!! Thank you!

scoots123
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by scoots123 on Jun 2, 11 3:23 PM
brdwoman wrote:I am ate the gate with Tom S, I have fix the fence and have the paint and brush. I can't get pasted this point. When trying too give Tom the paint and brush nothing works.help please.

I think I double clicked the brush on the fence as Tom expects us to do the job lol.
Hope that helps.

geome
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by geome on Jun 11, 11 1:37 PM
mop will not clean floor

Go to: