cleoladycat
Manatee
Manatee
3,734 Posts

Todays DD 26 May 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by cleoladycat on May 26, 11 12:07 AM
Any comments fishes?

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

Re:Todays DD 26 May 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by LadyLark on May 26, 11 2:30 AM
I gave it a try on the demo. Didn't experience any of the tech issues reported, but I do have a new computer with tons of memory. I did experience lag between the games. "Click to continue" needed many clicks before it registered. Didn't like that you had to click on that screen and then click on a curtain...too much foolishness there. The games were easy and kinda fun, I think it would be a lot more fun if you were playing with a child. Can't say I was remotely impressed with the graphics. I released the first two souls: pirate and fat lady and made it to the third: clown before time was up. You were supposed to be able to buy mini-games to earn hints and I did on the first soul, but on the second all I kept getting was fortune cookies (yielding boring music nothings) and no hints for that level. Big waste of coins. Didn't really need them, but some folks might. A no buy for me, it was fun for an hour and that was more than enough.

Caraface
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Caraface on May 26, 11 4:22 AM
I bought this game when it came out - it's not the best of the best, but I enjoyed it. It's fun for a "zone out and don't worry about strategy or inventory" type of game.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on May 26, 11 5:32 AM
I tried it simply because I read that the music was the Anvil Chorus from Il Trovatore which is one of my favorite operas. I freed the Pirate and then stopped playing. It would be a fun game for a child, I think. Not much of a challenge, at least not in that section, so no buy. But, I did enjoy the music.

txtabby
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by txtabby on May 26, 11 6:32 AM
I must be a child at heart due to I really enjoy this type of game. I like working my brain even when I think it doesn't need it. It's a nice way to pass some time and not being stressed out over where to go next. I think it's a must buy especially as a dd. Happy puzzling everyone.

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on May 26, 11 9:52 AM
I really enjoyed this game, I thought it was something really different and like the other person said a great game for when you need to zone out and not into strategy and brain work.

A few of the games were tricky because I live in England, but as I am an avid gamer I have gotten used to "Americanisms" and in the UK level I did really well.

I will most probably get this one for the days I need a quick game fix but my head is not in the right place.

What people have said about children is quite right too, this game would make a good educational tool.

Good game.

DMH5321
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by DMH5321 on May 26, 11 11:03 AM
I demoed and bought this game. It is all mini games of different types. Answers are generally easy, but some are against a clock. This game is different and fun when you need a quick break. I'd say it's worth $2.99.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on May 26, 11 12:59 PM
I tried the game even tho not many people have and I like it. Yes, it's somewhat simple and easy, but I found alot of the puzzles challenging. I definite think it's worth a try,but with the CE thursday...nobody checking DD out. This game is a buy for me. And I'm enjoying it. It's nice to play something else beside a hog.

enjoy,
LovetoMissLisa

[Post New]by paminator on May 26, 11 1:36 PM
I can't create a profile to save to. I can play with no problems, just not on a profile. Any suggestions? I'd like to take advantage of today's deal. Thanks!

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on May 26, 11 1:48 PM
Played the demo and bought it. I like all the little surprise features like the stuff in the Fortune Cookies and so on.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on May 26, 11 4:15 PM
paminator wrote:I can't create a profile to save to. I can play with no problems, just not on a profile. Any suggestions? I'd like to take advantage of today's deal. Thanks!

Hi paminator!

I've responded to your other post. You can see it by clicking HERE.

Hope this helps and happy gaming!

-bfgHondo

MikiB007
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by MikiB007 on May 26, 11 5:09 PM
I really rather like this game. Ok it's a bit slow and clumsy in places (a bit like me!), and definately not one of the best, but it's one of those games you can just load up and play for half an hour to de-stress. I'm studying at the moment and when my brain gets fuddled and overloaded I love a game like this where I can just chill a while.

Oh my I'm sounding like an old hippy

If peaceful chilling is your thing then you might want to give this a try - and at the DD price it's a bargain

melissasignal
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by melissasignal on May 26, 11 7:53 PM
I definately agree with most here: at the DD price, it's a great way to unwind, and a neat learning tool for kids! At 2.99, it's not much of a gamble, so a great addition to my game library

Athena99
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Athena99 on May 26, 11 7:57 PM
Wow! Talk about variety. Quite unique even though it encompasses a number of the usual mini puzzles one finds in most games. Then there are the ones that you don't usually find and this keeps the game from feeling too repetitive. I loved this and am getting it. Some parts are easy, but I don't think it is completely correct to call it a child's game because you are really challenged in some of the categories. I do agree that there was a bit of a time lag problem in clicking, but that was during the storyline in-between the individual games; I had no problems when actually doing the puzzles. It would have been nice to be able to fast click through some of the screens, but for the most part the speed was at least tolerable. The fortune tellers voice got annoying with the repetitive "cursing", but I found if you turn the sound down a bit, she isn't as noticeable and you can still hear the background music.

Edited on 05/26/2011 at 8:03:16 PM PST

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on May 26, 11 11:12 PM
as a DD, this is a great purchase - the clue categories change from character to character and there is always a new puzzle to solve...

it's not a long story, some winding adventure, with inventory to keep track of and remember where you saw what so you can go back and deal with it later when you have the right tools... it's just a game!

and, frankly, sometimes that's just what i need!

vezzettj
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by vezzettj on May 26, 11 11:43 PM
I really enjoyed the different games, the story, and even the "mystery slot machine" (cheers for sparkles!). BUT, it took sooooo long between games and even between levels of the game that I will not be picking this up, even for $2.99. I completed every level I played with bonus time left on the clock and ended up spending more time at "loading" screens than I spent in the games... and it really is too bad because I'd love to finish this... but that one aspect alone was annoying enough to keep me away...

Anyone know of any games similar to this that are newer and might run smoother?

Go to: