MONSTER QUEST

looloo123
Stingray
Stingray
5,004 Posts

MONSTER QUEST

[Post New]by looloo123 on Dec 25, 08 1:16 AM
wow what is wrong with this game? the sound was real choppy.

hilyer25
Marlin
Marlin
9,083 Posts

Re:MONSTER QUEST

[Post New]by hilyer25 on Dec 25, 08 1:18 AM
I downloaded it, but haven't tried it yet. That's disappointing. Was it just the sound?

sherales
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Re:MONSTER QUEST - Help!

[Post New]by sherales on Dec 25, 08 2:42 AM
Hi,

I downloaded the demo and in the second case (I think, regarding the sea dinosaur like monster) and i was left with a rusty key. I tried to open the locked chest or safe in the middle of the office but nothing happens. I'm puzzled as to where do the key belongs to. Does anyone figure it out?

Thanks! Merry Christmas and happy 2009!

Sherales

[Post New]by KimDriessen on Dec 25, 08 2:48 AM
The key should be used in the rusty lock in the alley...
I'm stuck after that, have all the items and i guess i must take a picture, but where?!
Merry X-mas!!

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Dec 25, 08 3:01 AM
I'm downloading the one hour trial right now but having second thoughts after reading what y'all have said about the game so far.

hilyer25
Marlin
Marlin
9,083 Posts

[Post New]by hilyer25 on Dec 25, 08 3:42 AM
The sound for me wasn't choppy, but when the people talked, they sounded like they were at the bottom of the well or something.

hilyer25
Marlin
Marlin
9,083 Posts

[Post New]by hilyer25 on Dec 25, 08 3:48 AM
Glad you liked it, Cherbtoo! Let us know how many cases there are when you get done, please? I haven't made up my mind yet. LOL

Edited on 12/25/2008 at 3:49:21 AM PST

crickets52
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by crickets52 on Dec 25, 08 4:53 AM
I dowloaded the demo and quit after the first case was solved. Have another half hour left in the demo. Problem is the items are REALLY small and I use a magnifying glass to play and still had a hard time! Nice thing is you can click as many times as you want with no time penalty. With patience, you will eventually find the item. Hints do recover quickly.
The puzzles (like the one putting the pieices of the dive suit together) have some bugs. I found that some pieces did not rotate with a right click and others did. Had to resort to the space bar to get a couple to rotate. Occurred in assembling the photo as well. Previous post is correct about the voices...mine did not break up but they sound like they are in an empty warehouse!!
I like the main theme of the game, definatly different and a cool concept but I don't think I will purchase.

Edited on 12/25/2008 at 4:55:22 AM PST

guylee1
Marlin
Marlin
8,309 Posts

[Post New]by guylee1 on Dec 25, 08 5:56 AM
Is any one having my problems? On XP I can not play the game it gives me an error message and terminates the program. On VISTA it won't even download!

Lee

sas24471
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:MONSTER QUEST First location

[Post New]by sas24471 on Dec 25, 08 6:04 AM
I have found all the items at the desk and ship in the first location and found the combo and opened the tool box and found the crew list but it did not go into inventory, was it suppose to? If not what next. It won't continue so I must have to do something else? Any help?

[Post New]by lmarks on Dec 25, 08 6:05 AM
Merry Christmas, everyone!!!
I downloaded the game and could not see the picture, just had a blank screen. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game with the same results. HELP!!!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Dec 25, 08 6:08 AM
It plays ok for me, however after 15 minutes (as measured by the demo saying I had 45 minutes left) I had found all items in two locations, gotten the combination out of the tool chest, and talked to the crew member. I used Options to "save and exit". Apparently that wasn't enough progress to reach a save point, because I had to start from scratch when I came back. I didn't find the game interesting enough to redo those two locations, so I just uninstalled.

Sheeesh... it is NOT that hard to implement saving your scenes more often (I'm a game developer). Heck, it's not all that difficult to implement saving the exact progress through the list of items in each location left to find. Plenty of other games let you save in the middle of a scene, and all the rest of them save that you have finished a scene.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

Re:MONSTER QUEST First location

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Dec 25, 08 6:09 AM
sas24471 wrote:I have found all the items at the desk and ship in the first location and found the combo and opened the tool box and found the crew list but it did not go into inventory, was it suppose to? If not what next. It won't continue so I must have to do something else? Any help?

That step confused me too. Click on the picture of the old man; you have to talk to him again. That will enable the picture of the younger man, so you can talk to him.

guylee1
Marlin
Marlin
8,309 Posts

[Post New]by guylee1 on Dec 25, 08 6:13 AM
Hey Lord,

Do you know what it means when you get an error message that says: Acess violation 0x09dfe7c0 tried to write to 0x00000000 program terminated

Sheesh. That is with XP it doesn't download at all on Vista!

Lee

ringa48801
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by ringa48801 on Dec 25, 08 7:41 AM
guylee1 wrote:Is any one having my problems? On XP I can not play the game it gives me an error message and terminates the program. On VISTA it won't even download!

Lee

I have Vista and it downloaded fine

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Dec 25, 08 7:42 AM
The times that I complained to Customer Support about that kind of error, they said that I needed to update my video driver (or get a newer video card). When I got my new computer last May, the games that never did play on my old one worked, except for a couple that apparently don't like my wide screen monitor.

slm1948
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by slm1948 on Dec 25, 08 9:10 AM
I got the combination for the toolbox, but can't figure out how to access the paper it's written on or use the numbers to open the lock. And from reading here, I don't know if it's me or a problem with the game. Regardless, this game evidently is not well made and I'm taking a pass.

Edited on 12/25/2008 at 9:11:43 AM PST

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Dec 25, 08 9:53 AM
slm1948 wrote:I got the combination for the toolbox, but can't figure out how to access the paper it's written on or use the numbers to open the lock. And from reading here, I don't know if it's me or a problem with the game. Regardless, this game evidently is not well made and I'm taking a pass.

That one took me a little bit to figure out too. You have to pick up the piece of paper from the lower right and put it on the toolbox with the lock. Then it will open and you talk to the old man. It will continue once you talk to him.

ringa48801
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

Re:MONSTER QUEST--cabin in the woods

[Post New]by ringa48801 on Dec 25, 08 10:07 AM
HELP!!! I'm stuck in the woods hunting for bigfoot. What do I do with the plaster?

guylee1
Marlin
Marlin
8,309 Posts

[Post New]by guylee1 on Dec 25, 08 10:25 AM
I'm at the circus. I have done outside and the storag closet. It says I have found everything but nothing else opens up to continue. Also there's no one to talk to! Aggghhhh.....wht do I do now. Probably have to start all over again!

Lee

Go to: