bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Nancy Drew: The Trail of the Twister technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on May 26, 11 12:16 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bbeaver1946
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

Re:Post any Nancy Drew: The Trail of the Twister technical issues here only

[Post New]by bbeaver1946 on May 27, 11 10:47 PM
when trying to catch mice in the museum I can find no hot spots for the cage. Glitch or no?

[Post New]by heidiwags on May 29, 11 4:07 PM
I'm having the same problem bbeaver1946 - it won't let me catch any mice in the museum

[Post New]by rubyred1975 on May 30, 11 12:00 AM
I have an access violation error, have tried the solutions and live chat is not available at the moment. Any one else have this problem or have any solutions....

[Post New]by rubyred1975 on May 30, 11 12:07 AM
I have an access violation error. I have tried the solutions on the help pages and none have worked. Chat is closed for the weekend and just wondered if anyone else had this problem or has a solution.
thanks

Laylasmum
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Laylasmum on May 30, 11 2:42 PM
I seem to be locked in the 'Activate the doppler' game. Can't seem to exit.

[Post New]by newlife503 on May 30, 11 7:01 PM
bbeaver1946 wrote:when trying to catch mice in the museum I can find no hot spots for the cage. Glitch or no?
Try looking at the Homesteaders display, put your curser to the right and just below the bucket hanging on the coat rack. The magnifying lense should turn red when your in the right spot. When you see the pile of dried corn on the floor you'll know for sure your there.

MRJ12
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by MRJ12 on May 31, 11 8:56 AM
I have the same problem in the museum. I have read a walk thru and have done everything, but no pile of corn appears next to the homestead display. I can not put the mousetrap down.

[Post New]by Quarterlvr on May 31, 11 10:12 AM
MRJ12 I have the same issue, I have the trap the bait, and looked into the corner with the hot spot, by the homesteader display, and there is no corn there. I checked my to do clip board and there isn't anything left to do on it but this.

[Post New]by jenniberger on Jun 2, 11 3:21 PM
I also have a problem with the Activate the Doppler game. My screen goes dark or starts flashing. I can hear the game playing but cannot see anything to keep playing. Is there a fix for this?

Cala4Lily
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Cala4Lily on Jun 4, 11 10:50 AM
Is any one else having problems when they try to catch the mice, either by Debbie or in the basement, that the game just stops running and shoots you to the game manager?

I put the cage down, I put the moon cake in, the mouse enters but as soon as the mini game starts the game just stops. I don't get error messages, nothing, it just goes to the game manager as if I stopped the game. It doesn't even go to the main menu or asks to save before exiting, just stops.

When I restart the game, there is just the one game I have saved that I load and I can do everything else, roam around, talk to other people, I've even played other mini games, but as soon as I attempt to catch the mouse the problem happens.

Just to clarify -- I caught the mouse once, the one in the office, and had no problems with that. It is only now that I have to catch the one by Debbie and the one in the basement. I opened a ticket with tech support but was wondering if it is a bug or something else? Anyone else having this problem?

[Post New]by mrsa131 on Jun 5, 11 5:03 AM
Doppler goes to black screen. When I click on the metal box. I can also hear the game and flashing of some images, but can not continue. Help !!!!

[Post New]by mrsa131 on Jun 5, 11 5:16 AM
Tried the doppler game again. This time the hand freezes on the box and my computer shuts down . Tried this twice. Is there an update ?

tuskel
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by tuskel on Jun 6, 11 3:17 AM
One little suggestion - I don't know if it applies to you, but anyway -
Did you install DirectX? I've never done it - hubby said it's an older version and will not do the computer any good - and all Nancy Drew games have worked absolutely fine. I use Windows XP. So try updating DirectX.

?

tuskel,
sincerely

[Post New]by mrsa131 on Jun 8, 11 4:46 AM
Updated directx and everything else suggested by the game developers. Still freezes and restarts computer. thank you for trying. any suggestions are welcome. MrsA

Problem with Running on VISTA OS due to DirectX download

[Post New]by OctagonMagic on Jun 14, 11 1:14 PM
Does this game really run with VISTA OS? We downloaded the game and tried to install it but it requires that you install directx 9 as part of the install. We have directx 11 because we are running VISTA. Since the directx 9 installation fails we get a message stating that we can't run Nancy Drew because there was an error in the directx 9 install. This seems to be a problem with the way BFG's is handling the install. It shouldn't require that you have a successful directx 9 install to run the game. Can someone please help?

[Post New]by minervabradley on Jun 17, 11 12:59 AM
Hi, having problems with mice too- can't find the hotspot to put the cage down beside the filing cabinet, worked fine in the cellar & in Scott's office. Have the latest Direct X. Seems a lot of people having similar problems- any solutions?

[Post New]by MsErica28 on Jun 19, 11 7:12 PM
How is this for a tech problem, I have windows 7 and the latest DirectX and on install it constantly tries to install it AGAIN and errors out saying that the latest version is curently installed. And will not start the game is it designed to run on Windows 7 os.

csmith116
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by csmith116 on Jun 20, 11 1:51 PM
I have had a few issues today that I must use the task manager to get out of game. Blank screen and computer mouse won't move when I was trying to catch the game mice. Got out and went again (thank goodness I saved) and it got locked up while traveling toward or under the twister clouds. Going to wait a bit to give it another go. Will read forum first to see if there are fixes.
Bessie Mae

Bridgelady
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by Bridgelady on Jul 5, 11 6:45 PM
I seem to be frozen at the store...Pa wants me to update the snacks. I cannot leave and seem to be frozen. I cannot get out of the talking mode. Cannot get an arrow...just stuck in the same place. The only thing I can do is quit. This is before I ask about the mouse traps. Can someone help????

Go to: