Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

Re:Post any Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' Technical Issues here

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Feb 16, 17 2:15 AM
Are you trying in the right place ?
If I remember well (it's been three years), the seal blocks the way downstairs, but you want to use the mop to go upstairs to the steering cabin

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Feb 24, 17 8:14 AM
The Valentine's event disappeared--with three days to go.

[Post New]by Floss_ie77 on Mar 2, 17 12:26 PM
I am currently doing the AES sign quest where you have to buy The Guvnor, Red Wagon and Red Rolla on the auction site. I have successfully bid for all 3 but only the Guvnor and Red Wagon are ticked off on the quest. I have contacted Big Fish but they are unable to help and suggested posting on a forum to see if any fellow gamers can help. I cannot proceed until this quest is completed

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Mar 3, 17 12:09 AM
If I remember well, the quest formulation is wrong. You have to acquire the car pictures by visiting the cities and playing the mini-games, not by winning them in the auctions.
You probably have already visited the Bar, IL and the Hotel, Ohio, because The Guvnor and the Red Wagon are already ticked.
The Red Rolla can be found in the Porcelain Restorer's, the game requiring 4 glue.

scorpio42
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by scorpio42 on Mar 13, 17 6:12 AM
Am using a PC with Windows 10 and don't really care to wade through all the messages here to find out if anybody else is having an issue with the Daily Rewards!

Somewhere along the way I must of missed dropping in to check on my mailbox, etc and instead of starting me at the beginning of that group of numbers ending with 38, it took me back to the group of numbers ending with 28 and it's done this to me before!

It may seem petty to you but to me it isn't and I would appreciate some action taken to resolve this issue along with other housekeeping matters that could use attention as well!

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Mar 13, 17 6:37 AM
The whole point of the daily rewards is that you have to check in daily to get them.
If you skip a day, you get set back. If you skip several days, you go back to the beginning and you will have to build up your reward total again.
this is not an issue, it's a feature of the game.

Anyway, any development of this game has been abandoned long ago; so we have to live with it as it is, all problems and errors included.

scorpio42
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by scorpio42 on Mar 13, 17 8:24 PM
Dirk_Tee wrote:The whole point of the daily rewards is that you have to check in daily to get them.
If you skip a day, you get set back. If you skip several days, you go back to the beginning and you will have to build up your reward total again.
this is not an issue, it's a feature of the game.

Anyway, any development of this game has been abandoned long ago; so we have to live with it as it is, all problems and errors included.

Thanks for letting me know what's happening with this game...Too bad nothing more is going to be done on it anymore!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 23, 17 9:28 AM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to pop in here and thank players for taking the time to address game play questions that have been presented in this thread. Please keep in mind that we do ask this thread be designated for technical issues only. This will help the Moderation Team identify trends in what players are experiencing to alert to the appropriate teams.

For clarification, if players are experiencing technical issues, please reach out to the Customer Support Team. The support team is always happy to help in any way that they can using the tools available to them. It is true that the difficult decision to no longer provide updates was made and certain issues may continue to be present, but we will continue to provide support for the players. For more information about this decision, please see the following announcement:

An important announcement regarding Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' - May 18, 2015

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by alienscruff on Apr 11, 17 5:04 AM
playing on pc have not been able to unlock cash till in sweetshop or open door on boat as oil can did not transfer in grace anderton quest. Have tried many times without success. Quests are now incomplete as I cannot access these areas. Can you help?

Keepsakes with code only? What ARE Keepsakes for?

[Post New]by Fluffnik on Apr 16, 17 12:55 AM
I began playing the game on my ipad only recently. When I try to loo at "Keepsake" I see that I have them but the only "description" reads something like
"add_softcurrency_10_txt or "add_xp_25_txt" and is competely opaque to me. is there either a way to fix that or can someone please please tell me what to do about it?

Thanks
Andi/Fluffnik

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

Keepsakes with code only? What ARE Keepsakes for?

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Apr 16, 17 1:58 AM
Fluffnik wrote:I began playing the game on my ipad only recently. When I try to loo at "Keepsake" I see that I have them but the only "description" reads something like
"add_softcurrency_10_txt or "add_xp_25_txt" and is competely opaque to me. is there either a way to fix that or can someone please please tell me what to do about it?

Thanks
Andi/Fluffnik
Are you sure you have enough free memory for the game ? Check the specs. Try to re-install the game. You shouldn't lose any progress when you do that.

Using keepsakes gives you a 30 minute period where you can win more coins or more experience (10%, 50%... more), depending on which keepsake you use.

Keep in mind that the game on iPad is very limited compared to the PC game.

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Apr 16, 17 2:09 AM
alienscruff wrote:playing on pc have not been able to unlock cash till in sweetshop or open door on boat as oil can did not transfer in grace anderton quest. Have tried many times without success. Quests are now incomplete as I cannot access these areas. Can you help?
Go back to where you found the oil can and see if you can win it again. Then go immediately to the Candy Shop to use it.

Items to open mini-scenes disappear if you don't use them immediately. Sometimes you can go back and win them once more. If not, you are stuck and you will have to start the game all over again.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 20, 17 12:29 PM
Hello alienscruff and Fluffnik,

Thank you for your patience while waiting on a response and I want to say thank you to Dirk_Tee for swimming by with that support and help. I hope that those suggestions were helpful, and I just wanted to also drop by real quick to provide further assistance as well as how to reach out to our Technical Support Team if more assistance is necessary.

alienscruff, I hope that the clarification that Dirk_Tee provided was able to help with what is happening there. If you find that you need further assistance with the game, don't hesitate to contact our Technical Support Team using the steps below.

Fluffnik, I'm sorry that those items are displaying those messages rather than what they would provide when used. Dirk_Tee is right that the keepsakes provide a specific period of time where a player can gain more coins or experience, depending on the keepsake and they should be displaying that information rather than what is reported as being seen. It might help to try some of the steps in the following article, as they are general steps that can help in a wide variety of situations for free to play games on a mobile device:

General Help for Mobile Free To Play Games

For any problems that continue after trying those steps, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team with a description of what is being experienced. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by nautilis123 on Apr 22, 17 2:51 PM
The Dinosaur Exhibit: I have found all of the bones except for one. I have inside information where I need to be and what mode. It never appears, it's supposed to be in fast shopper mode in Italy and have played it many, many times in that mode. I have tried un-stalling and re-stalling without any effect. Would appreciate any help. I am running 8.2 on my personal computer

Edited on 04/22/2017 at 2:55:05 PM PST

[Post New]by nautilis123 on Apr 23, 17 5:47 AM
The goods news is that different bone for the Dinosaur Exhibit dropped down in Egypt, so all is complete.

[Post New]by Woefies2 on Apr 25, 17 5:03 AM
Received the gloves for Margarets house but when I tried to use it, the gloves disappeared. Now I have 2 other quests and I cannot play them as I cannot finish the first quest. Please advise. I am enjoying the game but this is frustrating. Thank you.

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Apr 26, 17 12:33 AM
Read the thread "No white gloves for Margaret's house??".
You will find it amongst the most recent discussions on this forum.
It also has instructions how to restart your game and avoid the problem.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on May 2, 17 12:04 PM
Hello nautilis123, Woefies2, and Dirk_Tee,

Thank you all for your patience while waiting on a response and for taking the time to report those issues being experienced in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin'. I just wanted to swim by real fast to provide some clarifications and assistance where I can as well as how to reach our Technical Support Team for any further assistance that might be necessary.

nautilis123, thank you for letting us know that the bone was able to be collected for that portion of the game. If you ever see other issues with inventory and are unable to retrieve a needed item, the following steps may be able to help by providing the game with more permissions by running is as an Administrator:

Run Game as Administrator

If those steps don't seem to help, please contact our Technical Support Team for more assistance.

Woefies2, before I continue, welcome to the forums and thank you for your patience. It looks like Dirk_Tee was able to point you towards some workarounds players have found for the issue of the missing white gloves. I wanted to provide that link here, just in case it was easier for players to access if they have a similar issue:

No white gloves for Margaret's House??

Other workarounds are available on the helpful links page, and for players that are looking for some help for issues being encountered are encouraged to see if it is available here:

Helpful Links for Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin'

For any problems that continue after trying workarounds and suggested troubleshooting, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope this was helpful. Don't hesitate to PM any of our active Moderators with further questions. We're all happy to listen and help out.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by amarrs on May 7, 17 4:20 PM
I cannot open the photo album again. I got to this point once before and completely started over. Here I am again and the gloves that I earned earlier are not appearing. I am about to just quit.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on May 9, 17 1:22 PM
Hello amarrs,

Welcome to the forums, and I'm sorry to hear there was some trouble surrounding the white gloves that are needed for Margaret's House while playing Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin'. Unfortunately, this known issue can affect players trying to progress, and there may be trouble continuing with the game if those gloves are no longer available.

Before I continue, the hard decision was made in the past to no longer provide updates for this game and issues that require an update to resolve can still cause problems to players who encounter them. For more information about this decision, please see the following announcement:

An important announcement regarding Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' - May 18, 2015

That said, players have been able to provide a workaround for this specific issue, and I wanted to provide a link to that below, should that be helpful for players who want to avoid this issue:

No white gloves for Margaret's House??

Other workarounds for other issues found in this game can be seen in the following helpful links page below:

Helpful Links for Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin'

For any problems that continue after trying workarounds or if you need assistance for your purchases, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team. Our Reps are always happy to help out as best they can with the tools available, and they will be sure to personally get in touch as soon as they are able.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope this was helpful. Don't hesitate to PM me or any of our other active Moderators with further questions. We're all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 05/09/2017 at 1:22:23 PM PST

Go to: