Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by Poet_Gene on Aug 11, 14 6:52 AM
When my girl plays the dice game. The game will sound like it is rolling but there is not any dice and she cannot get out of it. She has to shut it down and start again. It is on the Pc version and she said it just doing after the update. Is anyone else having problems with this? I see that she is not the only one still having problems with the server connection problems.

wyrd44
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by wyrd44 on Aug 11, 14 6:46 PM
wyrd44 wrote:
wyrd44 wrote:I have downloaded game and have got as far as a compass and gate quest right at beginning, asks me to talk to Annabel, and I get a white circle that then makes the game freeze there. Have reinstalled, cleaned out browsers etc, I play antiques roadshow, and Awakening castle with no problem. When I go back into the game again, goes straight to the white circle screen and bypasses the intro screens, where all the options, settings, etc is. Is there a way to reset or can you look via Dr
Fish what is wrong. Thank you. Will not uninstall game until you give me a solution. Cheers in advance

wyrd44
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by wyrd44 on Aug 11, 14 7:09 PM
Finally got back to me with a apology about being very busy, of course they very busy, but if that busy, put on more staff to answer queries, I have been a member for nearly 10yrs and seen this site go through all sorts of changes, the site is a lot easier to navigate these days, the customer service used to be A1... No change or solution just all the usual crap about uninstalling flash, shock, gm etc...done all that before I put in a complaint, as it says in my first instance of below...Can anyone answer me if they have problems playing in GOOGLE CHROME, I was asked to update my adobe, but google interferes and tells me my adobe is up to date, as well as shockwave, GM is up to date,( uninstalled and reinstalled a few times) game uninstalled and reinstalled, but this was all done before I contacted,and my problem doesnt seen to be the same as everyone elses...I just cant get past quest to meet Annabel at the gate because of the freezing. Not a novice to puters, have done a lot of programming myself using DOS in the old days, but dont need to program like that anymore since Windows first came into being. (lolololol yes I am old) Considering how much I have spent being a member for all these years and buying games, have in excess of 200 games. Never have a problem with bought games, but since the free games came out not that they are free if you want to play properly, I have had all sorts of problems, and a generated response to my query with a Dr Felix download. Will reply direct to email and see how long this takes, If anyone else has a suggestion please post.....HELP

[Post New]by Glynnes on Aug 11, 14 7:12 PM

Ever since the latest update on my iPad Air, I start playing Midnight Castle, and then I get the cannot connect to server message and stops play, during the game... Not in same spot. Is this Big Fish problem or update problem. Nothing else on my ipad is having connection issues.

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Aug 11, 14 7:26 PM
Glynnes wrote:
Ever since the latest update on my iPad Air, I start playing Midnight Castle, and then I get the cannot connect to server message and stops play, during the game... Not in same spot. Is this Big Fish problem or update problem. Nothing else on my ipad is having connection issues.
This is for the pc tech issues, the link below is for the iOS.
Post your Midnight Castle (iOS) Technical Issues Here Only!

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/280/275265.page

wyrd44
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by wyrd44 on Aug 11, 14 11:41 PM
Greatteacher13 wrote:
tazruby2000 wrote:A couple of updates ago the problem with the MidnightCastle.exe not shutting down was fixed. I had the problem with 2 of the updates and had to do the fix with both. I also had problem after I downloaded Another Case Solved. Just uninstalling the game manger does nothing, you have to delete some other files. I haven't had any problems with Midnight Castle shutting down after the fix.

The fix I got from tech support

1. Open the "Start" menu and select "Control Panel."
2. Select "Add or Remove Programs. "
3. Remove the program titled "Big Fish Games: Big Fish Games app. "
4. Follow the steps to uninstall the Big Fish Games app which would then remove it from your computer.

Now let's un-hide your hidden folders:

1. Click on “Start” and select "Control Panel."
2. Click "Appearance and Themes," and then click "Folder Options."
3. On the "View" tab, under Hidden files and folders, select "Show hidden files and folders."

Afterwards, let's manually locate each of the folders listed below and then delete them, if they're present:

C:\Program Files\bfgclient
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BigFishCache
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Big Fish\cef
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Big Fish\Big Fish Games app

OK, but what about for he ipad?

wyrd44
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by wyrd44 on Aug 11, 14 11:43 PM
Followed everything you posted for the fix but to no avail....cant understand as this is only game I cant play.....and my problem is nothing like anything anyone else has posted. but thanks for the post, I thought you had solved my problem...will have to wait for BF to get back to me re email.

[Post New]by Steve_Go_Yanks on Aug 12, 14 6:35 AM
Music is cutting in and out, both on/off and up/down volume. All other sound apps are working fine.

Edited on 08/12/2014 at 6:36:12 AM PST

susielee
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by susielee on Aug 13, 14 12:12 PM
This new update brought a new problem to my computer.........ERROR CODE 809! I've never had this before. I went to the help section, but, their explanation and fix doesn't work. I don't have another game running or another anything running. Every time I close my game I have to restart my computer to be able to play the next time. A message always tells me "Whoops.....you've got another game running".......NOT TRUE! I wish they would fix this aggravating problem!! I have a PC running Windows 7. Someone suggested reinstalling the game manager......I haven't tried that yet.

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Aug 13, 14 1:21 PM
susielee wrote:This new update brought a new problem to my computer.........ERROR CODE 809! I've never had this before. I went to the help section, but, their explanation and fix doesn't work. I don't have another game running or another anything running. Every time I close my game I have to restart my computer to be able to play the next time. A message always tells me "Whoops.....you've got another game running".......NOT TRUE! I wish they would fix this aggravating problem!! I have a PC running Windows 7. Someone suggested reinstalling the game manager......I haven't tried that yet.
I post a likn in the thread (Error 809).

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/291685.page

There is a link in that post that will take you to a thread I created on how to do a advanced uninstall of the game manager. That may work to fix the problem but not a guarantee.

livvylox
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by livvylox on Aug 13, 14 6:06 PM
Hi, I've been playing MC for some time, really enjoy the game, am a little miffed that the unlock scenes price has gone up so high now I'm on level 22. I've just been reading it gets worse on higher levels!
My gripe is that I am accumulating coins through gathering the flowers, sending airships and in the game play itself. What I'm confused about is that I build my coins up but then suddenly over 1000 coins have gone from my total without me spending them, can anyone tell me why this is please. I don't go to the gaming table when my coins are low or spin the wheel so am flummoxed where the coins are going, any one any ideas?

TIA.

chris_2_4
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by chris_2_4 on Aug 14, 14 4:32 AM
Fleur de lis; well done BF - shows you do listen to sage advice

Now, may I ask - regarding the Daily quests: why are all the HOS you are sent to the same ones, from the first section of the castle? Wouldn't it be good to add HOS from the latter areas (ie: from the grotto to cloud city)? That way it would be more varied for the players and make boring HOS (precisely the ones in the grotto) more useful.

Thanks for the repairs you have done: will you ever fix the code that controls the flower drops, or d you like it like that?

[Post New]by debbiedevore1958 on Aug 14, 14 6:44 AM
I had 2 blood lotus when I signed off the game last night but had none when I signed into the game this morning

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Aug 14, 14 12:29 PM
A few times going into the broken coach HOS I have had two scenes; the right has the items on which to click, the left the good old blank screen of old. Could come out of it and go on and do other HOs with no problem.

Have just tried to do the summer garden and it has occurred there, came out to try ?Frozen Treasure and the same thing happened.

kdreetz
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by kdreetz on Aug 14, 14 9:36 PM
Afterwards, let's manually locate each of the folders listed below and then delete them, if they're present:

C:\Program Files\bfgclient
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BigFishCache
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Big Fish\cef
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Big Fish\Big Fish Games app

Yeah, this doesn't work for me either.

chris_2_4
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by chris_2_4 on Aug 15, 14 8:09 AM
debbiedevore1958 wrote:I had 2 blood lotus when I signed off the game last night but had none when I signed into the game this morning

For the first time (at least that I have noticed) a similar thing happened to me; I had completed one of the archaeologist's tasks and was waiting to accumulate gold to open the next scene which he had set (so many 6000 gp scenes so close together! ) and today - 3 days later, when I went to do his tasks the item I had crafted for the first part was gone! Previously I have come across items that i thought I had being missing, but put it down to either 1) bad memory or 2) having given that item to another character as part of their quests. This time I know neither of those is the reason - so, BF: where are the items disappearing to?

dianatron
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by dianatron on Aug 15, 14 1:14 PM
As I am trying desperately to accumulate money to carry on with the game, I am doing a lot of`HOS and therefore a lot of items, but they keep disappearing from my inventory, I know how many I have of each, when there should have been 3, there is only 1, I,m getting pretty pissed at this,as the demand for more money as the game progresses is prohibitive,unless u buy more gold, and I have already spent a lot of money already, dont want to go down that route if possible. Also I am losing 100s of flower coins, as they just do not fall into my coffers. And as I say every coin counts,when u r trying to keep up with the demands for even more gold to do anything, or go anywhere! e.g. I have to find 6000 to open another area,then they want 2,000 to craft, I am finding it difficult to keep up,as I cant seem to win money at the card table,and the only stuff I get from the free spin is rubbish! So tell me where am I supposed to find all this gold, just to keep the game going???

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Aug 15, 14 3:14 PM
I continue to keep a close watch on my disappearing inventory. Frustrating to close down needing just one more round to complete needed quest, only to open up the next time and all those items collected are gone...and start again. Spend too much time playing, waiting to finish now as I can't trust the game to keep my progress. This is especially irksome since we need to collect multiples of the same for the newer quests.

Oh, and my social page still remains blank.

pamkatz
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

[Post New]by pamkatz on Aug 15, 14 3:29 PM
Do these posts ever get a response from the tech. teams? Do they ever solve the problems? It's so daunting to see 80+ posts with no sort of mark that they have been resolved. Are they ever removed? Could the Dev's put a check on the ones that were answered? Pretty Please! =v=

[Post New]by debbiedevore1958 on Aug 16, 14 4:17 AM
the people on my friends list is not showing up in the box where I can gift them why are only some of them showing up where I can send them gifts and not all of them?

Go to: