Ready for the special room

virginiabreeze
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

Re:Ready for the special room

[Post New]by virginiabreeze on Mar 13, 18 6:27 AM
As I was being rolled back to the Tea Room by Roo, I noticed that both my ghostly companions were still with me.

BFF was literally dancing in front of Big Kitty. So, she knew where the Tea Room was. Why hadn't she gone there earlier?

My other companion was following behind us He was constantly scanning the area as we moved, looking for trouble. He had also armed himself as I could see a pistol underneath his jacket and a sword belted around his waist.

"I told you I would protect you" I heard his voice in my head. I saw him pull out a small mirror. "We can always return if we need to."

Since they did not make their presence known to Roo, I kept silent.

But I did feel quite safe.

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Mar 13, 18 4:04 PM
It is time to return to the others.

But here in the Hospital Wing we are in “enemy” territory so I need to make sure all is well before I leave my room.

I send my broom out through the door to reconnoiter and report.

After a few minutes of silence all I can hear is a swishing sound as my broom cleans the corridor.

Obviously it has forgotten already just WHY it is in that corridor and has reverted to its “normal mode”.

I crouch down and open the door.

Yes, there it is happily sweeping up all the dust bunnies as they cascade from the other rooms where this beautiful game is being played.

PSSST!”

It reluctantly returns to my side and we set off to the corner room by the water fountain .

It is there that an aperture is located and behind it a tunnel which leads directly down to the moat area.

I slip in dragging my broom with me and try in vain to stop it cleaning all and sundry as we move down through the tunnel.

There is some evidence of recent activity here and there are large claw marks on the roof.

I am moving too slowly and could easily be ambushed.

So it is time to convert my broom to its charabanc mode and speed up our journey.

Within seconds I am making a “grand entrance” into the Tea Room.
This is to the obvious delight of the others as they welcome me back into the land of the living and my position of responsibility at the corner table, with a steaming mug of hong cha in my hand.

virginiabreeze
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by virginiabreeze on Mar 14, 18 6:39 AM
When Big Kitty makes an entrance, she makes an entrance.

I already felt Roo's fear. It was now multiplied as all eyes saw Big Kitty enter the Tea Room.

I was in luck. Doc Poppet was treating me. And she knew Big Kitty's secret..

She put out he hand to pet Big Kitty. And Big Kitty immediately responded. Soon she was purring and demanding more loving from the doc.

"Overgrown housecat. You're a lover, not a fighter aren't you."

Big Kitty just purred.

Edited on 03/14/2018 at 6:41:09 AM PST

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Mar 14, 18 3:42 PM
After disposing of all the greenery, some of which seemed to find itself on the inside of my clothing resulting in various scratches about my person,I entered the Tea Room a few minutes after Breeze.I still have one eye on the tiger, to my mind when it is looking at me it’s thinking lunch! Mrs Fletcher promptly produces a steaming cup of tea & the last of the cookies that appeared out of no-where in her kitchen. It is then that I see a mirage of PTG sitting at his table.I rub my eyes & look again...it is PTG!!

I slowly saunter over & say “Before I hand over command there is something I must do” .PTG stands up & says “You are not poofing off anywhere” .I don’t give him a chance to say anything else,I just give him a huge hug & say “I am soooo glad your back with us”.The occupants of the Tea Room give a round of applause & giggles can be heard as PTG blushes a very bright shade of red.

Edited on 03/14/2018 at 4:06:39 PM PST

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Mar 15, 18 6:45 AM
I gasp!

I have just discovered that someone who is so small and slender has muscles like iron as I collapse into her tiny frame.

I give another gasp and pull away quite red in the face due to a sudden surfeit of blood squeezed into my head!

I mutter:
“Stop that now unless you want to be the permanent 2 i.c. of this Happy Band!”

I collapse back into my seat and am about to reach for a delicious cookie which has suddenly appeared only to watch it disappear.

Some of my partners are very deft at extracting morsels of food from the table. One day I may learn how they do it!

Then I am aware of warmth around my feet which I have stretched out in front of me under the table.

This warmth is accompanied by a low vibrating noise; so curiosity having got the better of me I peer under the table.

There reclined across my limbs is about 200 kg. of tiger!!

Its tongue slips out occasionally to give my ankle a slurp. In readiness for its next meal??

Could matters get any worse?

Stupid question! Of course they could and do!

There sits Angel with notebook and sharpened pencil staring expectantly at me and poised to record every bon mot I utter.

Someone else in the background asks:
“What is the plan?”

For the life of me I have no idea, but I can’t tell them all that as I am supposed to be charge of this motley crew.

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Mar 15, 18 8:32 AM
I was about to give PTG a big hug of my own but since he collapsed into the chair after Roo's, I sense he's either not used to such physical displays of affection from his friends, or he's still not quite 100 percent well.

In any case, he seems at a loss for words and I'm not sure if it was the hug or the question just asked about a plan! So, I flip back through my notes and proceed to enlighten PTG on all that has happened since he's been in the hospital wing........

.........So, you see PTG, we are really back to square one!

I think the next logical step is to enlist the help of Seeker, and his map to these other tunnels, and get the search going to find and rescue Grim!

Unless you think we should start where she was last seen by one of our newcomers, who saw her at the entrance to the tunnel in the Antique Shop.......

[Post New]by Amethyst2066 on Mar 15, 18 11:41 AM
Since I have been back,I have had a chance to see to the health and welfare of my furry friends then get myself some tea and cookies. I have witnessed the amusing return of PTG and seen Breeze brought back. I even got a good look at her tiger. Now, the question of a plan has been asked and it is time for me to speak.

Gathering my thoughts, I step forward, "I didn't actually see Grim in the antique shop, but Cash, one if her ferret friends did. He brought this so that we could track her." And I show PTG the phone with the app already activated. "As you can see," I continue on,"it looks like it stops not too far from the shop. Her tracking device may have been lost, but it could be a good place to start." I hand PTG the phone hoping he takes me seriously. "Perhaps Cash and Wickerbat can use their sense of smell to help track her from there." I suggest.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Mar 15, 18 6:41 PM
Ghost Kitten Sam brought me a messge stating that Breeze has been rescued and taken for medical attention to the Tea Room, where Doc Poppet is attending to her.

Sam admits to being a little wary of BIG Kitty, but hastens to reassure me, it is because he doesn't want to be inadvertently stepped on. Ginger cats are not scared of anything up to 5 times their size, but 200 times bigger is a bit overwhelming.

He also told me that Charlie is sick and not able to do much at present. I sent him back to keep her warm and give her company, though how much warmth a ghost kitten can give is a moot point.

I did wonder what was going on when I saw what looked like a strange tree near the secret entrance to the Library, It looked like the Statue in the Thicket had come to life and was wandering the castle. It turns out it was Roo, disguising herself and looking for Breeze. They did get awfully close to the secret entrance to the Library. So far, so good. At present I am trying to decipher the message in the RUNE STONE, but it seems I will have to look for more of them to get anywhere.

It was good to hear that PTG is risen from his sick bed. I sure hope Charlie hasn't caught her illness from him.

Back to the books for now

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Mar 15, 18 7:17 PM
I HAD SENT KITTEN SAM BACK TO ANNA TO LET HER KNOW BREEZE WAS BACK WITH US BUT HURT. DOC POPPET IS CARING FOR HER.

DANDY DOG HAD HANDED ME THE STRANGEST ANIMAL SHE CALLED IT A KITTEN-ERMINE THE POOR THING IT IS A SWEET ANIMAL. I HAS CURLED UP IN MY LAP. SLEEPING. WHICH IS A GOOD THING SINCE I AM NOT UP TO SNUFF RIGHT NOW.

I HOPE DOC AND ROO, CAN HELP IT.

I OPEN MY AMULET AND ASK DOC POPPET IF HE COULD LOOK AT HER WHEN HE HAS FINISHED WITH BREEZE.

NO RUSH THE POOR THING IS SLEEPING NOW.

SAM COMES BACK AND WANT IN MY LAP. OK, OK, THERE IS ROOM FOR YOU ALSO.

HE JUMP UP AND SETTLES NEXT THE THE SLEEPING KITTEN-ERMINE.

HOW DOES HE NOT FALL THROUGH ME I HAVE NO IDEA. MAYBE IT IS BECAUSE I CAN SEE HIM AND INTERACT WITH HIM. WILL HAVE TO ASK ANNA ONE DAY.

I COULD SWEAR I CAN FEEL HIM PURRING.

SOME JASMINE TEA WOULD BE GOOD FOR MY COLD. BUT I DO NOT WANT TO DISTURB THE ANIMALS IN MY LAP TO ASK IF IT AVAILABLE HERE.

WISH I HAD A ROCKER OR AN OVERSTUFFED CHAIR. MY KNEES ARE NOT GOING TO LIKE ME WHEN I DO STAND UP.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 15, 18 9:21 PM
GENIE.....CAN I PLEASE HAVE A COUPLE OF WISHES????? ..... NO, NOT FOR ME, FOR DEAR CHARLIEISR, WHO IS FEELING DECIDEDLY UNDER THE WEATHER......OH, THE WISHES ARE NOT REALLY FOR ALL THAT MUCH AND I'M SURE YOU COULD DO IT WITH YOUR EYES CLOSED.................YOU WILL??? .....OK....SHE IS IN HER ROOM WITH A COUPLE OF ANIMALS ON HER LAP AND DOESN'T WANT TO DISTURB THEM........SO, CAN YOU SEND HER A NICE CUP OF JASMINE TEA AND CHANGE HER CHAIR TO A COMFORTABLE ROCKER? .....OH, AND WHILE YOU'RE AT IT.....BE SURE THE TABLE IS CLOSE ENOUGH FOR THE TEA TO BE PUT ON SO SHE WON'T NEED TO GET UP JUST YET........OK..., I KNOW THAT IS REALLY 3 WISHES, BUT THE TABLE REALLY IS NECESSARY IF YOU'RE GOING TO DO THE OTHER TWO.

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Mar 16, 18 4:11 PM
I WAS SITTING IN THE TEA ROOM WISHING. WHEN ALL OF A SUDDEN I WAS IN A COZY ROCKING CHAIR WITH A TABLE AT MY ELBOW WITH A CUP OF JASMINE TEA ON IT. WOW! OK, THEN I LOOKED AGAIN YES, IT WAS REAL. I SMILED AND WONDERED WHERE IT CAME FROM. I SIPPED THE TEA AND ROCKED THE ANIMALS IN MY LAP. SAM LOOKED AT ME AND CURLED TIGHTER AROUND KITTEN-ERMINE.

I STILL WONDER WHERE MY ELVES WENT. I DO HOPE THEY WILL COME BACK.

I WILL ENJOY MY TEA. I HOPE DOC POPPET COMES TO LOOK AT KITTEN-ERMINE SOON, AND CAN HELP HER. SHE IS SO SWEET.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 18, 18 5:44 PM
Sitting in the Flying Boat with my pigeon friends ......I'm wondering if everyone has gone to sleep in the Special Room?????

(I was talking with Grim one minute via telepathy --- provided with the help of the Genie -- when he rudely yanked me away so he could get back to Atlantis steps for helping people with Side Quests)

[Post New]by Amethyst2066 on Mar 18, 18 8:06 PM
Having finally said what I needed, I take the closest comfortable chair that I can and suddenly find myself exhausted. I guess I should be surprised that this didn’t happen sooner, but then, I did take an unexpected nap in that ally.

Maybe it is the relief of the possible use of the information that I have or just the long run back. I haven’t run that long or that far before and I should have remembered the toll it would take on my body. Sitting down, I have a hard time keeping my eyes open and soon I am dreaming.

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Mar 19, 18 11:06 AM
I look around the Tea Room and see the shiny faces in front of me all looking expectantly at me as if they are waiting for instructions.

Angel is fidgeting in her chair somewhat, as if to say; ”just get on with it!”

I clear my throat:

“We are in a time of great crisis at the Midnight Castle

“Dastardly evil is among us

"Our world has been split into two and separated from our sister Realm that Cap’n Bob and his troops are now patrolling.

“As I understand the situation from what you have all told or shown me, this evil falls into three separate categories:

“We are in a false clone of the true MC and a diabolical evil can roam at will throughout our kingdom. This same evil may also be in our sister Realm.

“There is some evidence of hostile inanimate beings roaming around or within the moat and it was one of these that captured our partner Grim

“Thirdly we still have our unworthy CEO among us to combat who seems to think that our incarceration within the bowels of the MC prisons are in his best interest.

“We have temporarily ‘lost’ our partner Grim and many of us think that our number one priority is to find and rescue her.

“I agree but we must not compromise in our battle against the prevailing evil nor ignore any future possible skirmishes with those machines.

“We have a host of tools and weapons to help us in our tasks.

“We also have expert help from our friends the true gnomes, if we can persuade them to continue with their assistance.

“Several of our pets have tracking skills and we must use those. We also have some four legged ‘muscle’ if necessary.

“So I throw the meeting open for discussion”

As I gaze around the room expectantly all I can see are my friends and partners fast asleep snorting and snuffling away as they inhabit their dream worlds!

I despair!

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 19, 18 12:15 PM
Watching from the Flying Boat......I see my Godson has finally decided to "be a presence" and offer guidance/assistance to those placed in his temporary command.....I listen with anticipation........

Sigh....sigh.....spoken like a true Politician.....lots of words saying the obvious and resolving nothing.....

Shiny, upturned faces of those who want a leader and they are asked for THEIR solutions.

My dear...... you don't "open the floor for discussion" ..... you start some "percussion" 🥁 with first getting their attention (the Captain may have had a booming voice, but he at least had no one sleeping while he talked).

Don't make me come down there!

Edited on 03/19/2018 at 2:00:58 PM PST

Luckypool
Clownfish
Clownfish
607 Posts

[Post New]by Luckypool on Mar 19, 18 1:14 PM
playingthegame wrote:I look around the Tea Room and see the shiny faces in front of me all looking expectantly at me as if they are waiting for instructions.

......*shiney face tries a smile*, (could work... could set the Klaxon off....)..

:-)

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Mar 19, 18 3:22 PM
I am feeling quite satisfied with my summary of our present situation until I see the vacant expressions on their faces.

Those who are awake are fidgeting as though I want them to lead me into battle.

But all I want are suggestions, not a master plan to cover all eventualities.

As I mull over these thoughts another one intrudes into my consciousness.

It is my Fairy Godmother berating ME for not being a true leader!

She compares my management style with that of Cap’n Bob and finds it wanting!

I remind her in my thoughts that I am not and never was a military man. I am the Chief Sweeper Upper of the MC and custodian of the HOS Repository.

The current level of evil surrounding us is far beyond both my understanding and capabilities to deal with.

I can but try to sort some of the problems out

I go over to the table where the others are sitting and to her surprise I take Angel’s notebook and remove the tapping pencil from her fingers.

I make a list of all those who are present, their current mobility (or lack of), any useful pets that they may control and what they can do best to help in our rescue of Grim.

That is our number one priority. But we must stay safe when doing so.

I notice that Roo is now barrel shaped, as broad as she is tall. She is almost entombed in bulging pockets and packages just given to her by Dandydog.

These are restricting her movements so much that if indeed there was an emergency now, she would be incapable of any rapid response.

I tell her to prioritize on what she is to carry based on the task in hand. I also remind her that there is no need to camouflage herself within the Tea Room as we all know who she is!

The ‘woodland’ look is not fashionable at the moment. The fern fronds she has 'borrowed' from the Expedition Camp have to be returned before eagle eyed citizens demand an explanation for the changes to the vista.

So what are our resources for the task in hand?

Edited on 03/19/2018 at 3:34:57 PM PST

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Mar 19, 18 3:40 PM
I MAY BE LOOKING DOWN BUT I AM NOT ASLEEP. I SLOWLY LOOK UP AT PTG,
HE IS LOOKING AROUND THE ROOM.

YES, HE DID STATE THE OBVIOUS, WE NOW KNOW WE HAVE MORE PROBLEMS THEN WE EVER CONSIDERED WHEN COMING HERE.

I LOOK AT HIM, HE FINALLY LOOKS MY WAY AGAIN, YES, WE HAVE SOME TRACKERS AMONG THE PETS. YOU ARE WELCOME TO USE NOSE, HE IS PART BLOODHOUND. IF YOU NEED TO SEARCH IN THE TUNNELS TAKE MY BAT DAR WITH YOU. HE CAN WARN YOU OF PROBLEMS OR DANGER. I HAVE ASKED POE TO CHECK OUT THE AREA AROUND THE CASTLE FROM TIME TO TIME. THEN REPORT ANY STRANGERS WHO ARE NOT FRIENDLY, NO ONE WILL NOTICE ONE MORE RAVEN OUT AND ABOUT.

SO DO YOU WISH TO USE THEM. THEY CAN BE A HELP TO YOU IF YOU DO.

HE JUST LOOKED AT ME. THEN WENT BACK TO HIS TEA AND HIS THOUGHTS. LORD I WISH HE WOULD TURN THEM DOWN.

AT LEAST CAP'S SCREAMING IS OUT LOUD. PTG. SCREAMS HIS THOUGHTS MOST OF THE TIME.

I WENT BACK TO TAKING SOFTLY TO THE ANIMALS IN MY LAP. AND SIPPING MY TEA.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 19, 18 6:02 PM
Buzzzzz, buzzzzz........ (by PTG's ear) .... hello, dearie.......in case you forgot (or in case I forgot to tell you) regarding the ring you share with the Captain.....

As you know, originally, they had to work in tandem --- both of you had to be in the same room to provide the shield over you and your friends......However, they work independently when the Captain is not in this realm. Hint, hint........

Sooooooooo.....if you were to provide a few seats on that magical broom you have.....you could then create a dome over you and your compatriots to shield you and keep you invisible to the enemy as you flew to the Antique Shop with Cash and Wickerbat along for "sniffing out the trail" you need to take to find Grim.

Now, if you will excuse me......I need to hurry back to my oven because my cookies are about ready and the Genie is coming over for cookies and tea........

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Mar 19, 18 9:02 PM
PTG WAS DRINKING HIS TEA LOST IN HIS THOUGHTS.

I LOOKED AT HIM AGAIN AND SAID I DO NOT NEED TO BE WITH YOU IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO USE NOSE, HOOT OR DAR, THEY ARE USED TO OTHERS TELLING THEM WHAT TO DO.

I WOULD HOLD YOU BACK IF THERE WAS A FIGHT. I MAY BE SMALL BUT I CAN NO LONGER HOLD MY OWN IN A FIGHT. I USED TO BE ABLE TO BUT AGE DOES TAKE SOME OF THE EDGE OFF.

BESIDES I AM MORE AT HOME LOOKING AROUND ON MY OWN. NO ONE NOTICES A SMALL OLD LADY WHO LOOKS LOST AND CONFUSED.

THAT IS A GOOD WAY TO GATHER INTEL.

HAD TO CHANGE METHODS AS I GOT OLDER.

Go to: