Dawspaws
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Game locking up

[Post New]by Dawspaws on Dec 25, 08 9:12 AM
It keeps locking up during the explanation part of the game. The only way to unlock it is by totally shutting down my computer (which I don't like to do). Then when I turn it back on the icons are enormous and I have to go to my settings to get back to what I had before. This has happened a few times and I am really getting upset and am ready to uninstall. Is anyone else out there having the same problem and is there any solution to solving it? I really don't like to uninstall games when I haven't even finished them. It's just a waste of money.

Edited on 12/25/2008 at 9:14:30 AM PST

bfogc
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

Re:Game locking up

[Post New]by bfogc on Dec 25, 08 9:24 AM
I downloaded this game and it's doing the same thing!It keeps locking up,and I have to turn my PC off!

bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Dec 25, 08 12:35 PM
Hello everyone. I'm sorry to hear that you are having some problems with The Pini Society. I would recommend that you contact our Customer Support staff. They are well trained at handling technical questions and concerns. You can contact them by clicking here.

Thank you for visiting the forums!

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Dec 25, 08 3:57 PM
Thank goodness there are more people having the same problem I was ready to get my IT guy in, thought it was my computer as I have download a lot this month,

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Dec 26, 08 4:43 AM
I had the same problem. I was able to bypass it without shutting down the computer. I am using WIN XP Pro and this is what worked for me. When it locks up, press CNTL-ALT-DEL. This will minimize the game and the window pops open that shows you that the game ins "running". Close that window. Maximize the game and the "Return to Game" button will now work.

Too much trouble with this though, so I deleted without buying. Maybe there will be a "fixed" version offered for this game soon. it may work OK with Vista or Mac or something. At least one person had no problems with the game.

Blabs
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Blabs on Dec 31, 08 8:38 PM
I agree, too much trouble during a trial-I want to play it, not fight with it. Too bad, I think I would have bought it otherwise

[Post New]by WithoutIssue on Jan 4, 09 12:37 AM
My game also locked up during the lengthy travel dialogue sections.

I found that if I ALT+TAB (for windows pcs) to another application (eg my Firefox browser, or e-mail client), then went back to my game it was working again (selected game from the task bar at the bottom of the screen) . This saves you closing the game or shutting down so an improvement but still nuisance for sure.

goeash
Koi
Koi
83,226 Posts

[Post New]by goeash on Jan 4, 09 3:22 AM
Yes, same problem as everyone else!

Go to: