Colour book

maglad
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Colour book

[Post New]by maglad on May 27, 11 6:13 AM
I've found the note in the artists studio that says the fishing lure has to be gray. I've found the paintbrush & palette but when I try to mix the paint, I;m told to find a book in the port office and get a colour sample. Where is the book????????????

suemon
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Colour book

[Post New]by suemon on May 27, 11 6:21 AM
If you find it can you please let me know! I'm turning it off now. pure frustration! I went back to the Port Office but can't find the book! Help....

misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by misty5 on May 27, 11 6:28 AM
Highlight the missing part of sentence below to see the answer:

The book is located somewhere on the right-side wall/shelves of the Port Office. I was clicking around in desperation and found it by accident.

Edited on 05/27/2011 at 6:29:30 AM PST

maglad
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by maglad on May 27, 11 7:27 AM
will try that now Misty - fingers !crossed

[Post New]by TAZJO437 on May 27, 11 11:46 AM
I click the heck out of the right side of the port office and still can not find the book can anyone help........going crazy....Click the book on the desk and nothing happens, what am I doing wrong.

Edited on 05/27/2011 at 12:17:16 PM PST

xssa
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by xssa on May 27, 11 12:01 PM
it's sitting on the desk, open. not very helpful.

[Post New]by daniel94556 on May 27, 11 12:02 PM
Book is open on the desk to the right in front of the large stack of papers. I can't find the paintbrush. Please help!

[Post New]by TAZJO437 on May 27, 11 12:25 PM
the paint brush is in the artist studio on the floor by the wooden head.

[Post New]by daniel94556 on May 27, 11 12:32 PM
Thanks! Will go there now....

[Post New]by studentp on May 27, 11 9:36 PM
TAZJO437 wrote:I click the heck out of the right side of the port office and still can not find the book can anyone help........going crazy....Click the book on the desk and nothing happens, what am I doing wrong.

I am having the same problem- nothing happens when I click the open book, what's the deal? Frustrated and confused, HELP!!

Edited on 05/28/2011 at 8:21:19 AM PST

[Post New]by vchillz on May 28, 11 9:10 AM
I am having the same problem. When I click on the book underneath the map it says something like "water, earth fire" but the book does not open up or give me the color for the fishing pole! UGH!! Any suggestions?

mariner3b
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by mariner3b on May 28, 11 9:27 AM
I watched a youtube walkthrough because i couldn't find the book to open. The book that we are clicking on that says "ice, water, steam, magic" should open and then have the requirements we need to proceed.
Mine does not. I'm stuck.

[Post New]by shybrneyes on May 28, 11 9:56 AM
The book is sitting on the desk on the right. It is open. What you need to do is not take the whole book but the color sample. If you click on it it will go into your inventory and you can use it to mix the paint.

mariner3b
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by mariner3b on May 28, 11 10:02 AM
shybrneyes wrote:The book is sitting on the desk on the right. It is open. What you need to do is not take the whole book but the color sample. If you click on it it will go into your inventory and you can use it to mix the paint.

I guess I didn't word my post correctly. When I click on the open book, on the right, a message on my screen reads "ice, water, steam, magic" I see in the walkthrough video that the book should pop up on the screen for a closer view and then you are able to take the color sample. This does not happen. Nothing is added to inventory.

mariner3b
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by mariner3b on May 28, 11 10:38 AM
I had to uninstall/reinstall before I was able to view the color book of magic. very annoying. So those that are stuck, i suggest doing this to proceed.

Bluester
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Bluester on May 28, 11 11:35 AM
OK, I have built the pole, found the brush, found the book, the book is copied into my journal and yet every time I go to mix the paint, it tells me to 'bring the book'.. I can't bring the book..

I have to quit at this point every single time. Big Fish???????

auds7466
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

[Post New]by auds7466 on May 28, 11 2:16 PM
how do i colour the fishing rod

kateinaz
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

How to color the fishing pole

[Post New]by kateinaz on May 28, 11 2:30 PM
when you get the correct color, it goes into your inventory. Go back to the fishing pole and color the hook/sinker part only.

eta: I should say, use the color from the inventory on that part of the pole.

Edited on 05/28/2011 at 2:32:46 PM PST

[Post New]by Babyblueues on May 29, 11 3:42 PM
shybrneyes wrote:The book is sitting on the desk on the right. It is open. What you need to do is not take the whole book but the color sample. If you click on it it will go into your inventory and you can use it to mix the paint.

I quit the game and didn't save progress because I was so frustrated about not finding the colour book! Glad to see these posts. Will start again and hope this time I have success.

[Post New]by Bedminster on May 30, 11 12:56 AM
Doesn't work at all! I can find the book with the title but it doesn't open up or anything. Have installed the game again and tried - NOTHING.
Am really annoyed having payed to play not to not play.

Go to: