bootsky
Stingray
Stingray
5,333 Posts

The Strategy Guide

[Post New]by bootsky on May 27, 11 11:27 AM
People seem to really be having a problem with this one...I was one of them until quite by accident I double clicked on the "task" the more you click the more advice you get. Once you realize how to do it I think you will be very happy with the SG it's just not set out in the usual way. One of the other fishies also said there is a map also. Please DO NOT give up just try clicking

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

The Strategy Guide

[Post New]by Kelvarda on May 27, 11 1:33 PM
bootsky wrote:People seem to really be having a problem with this one...I was one of them until quite by accident I double clicked on the "task" the more you click the more advice you get. Once you realize how to do it I think you will be very happy with the SG it's just not set out in the usual way. One of the other fishies also said there is a map also. Please DO NOT give up just try clicking

At last!! Somebody actually reads what has been written. I've been saying this in countless post's all over this forum. I was beginning to give up hope!

And YES, there is a MAP, at the back of the JOURNAL, under the purple tab, looking at this will show Cursed Area, Areas that still have something to do/find/lift/break/water/burn freeze and areas that are cleared. Clicking on the little circles will take you there immediately.

Thank you bootsky, you have restored my faith

Kel

edit to correct error (my bad!)

Edited on 05/28/2011 at 3:10:54 AM PST

bootsky
Stingray
Stingray
5,333 Posts

Re:The Strategy Guide

[Post New]by bootsky on May 27, 11 2:06 PM
Thanks Kelvarda, you made my day "cos this was the first time I delved into the discussion pond

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on May 27, 11 2:12 PM
bootsky wrote:Thanks Kelvarda, you made my day "cos this was the first time I delved into the discussion pond

Well, I hope you keep up the chatting, and have a wander into Chit Chat Corner, all sorts of discussions in there.

You won't be a little seahorse much longer if you do!

Kel

[Post New]by snoopy27 on May 28, 11 2:01 AM
Hey, Bootsky!

You actually help me kill that blasted fly with your hint about the strategy guide. Thank you so very much.

bootsky
Stingray
Stingray
5,333 Posts

[Post New]by bootsky on May 28, 11 7:59 AM
snoopy27 wrote:Hey, Bootsky!

You actually help me kill that blasted fly with your hint about the strategy guide. Thank you so very much.

Nice to know I wasn't TOO late with this post...Thanks

bootsky
Stingray
Stingray
5,333 Posts

[Post New]by bootsky on Jun 5, 11 10:19 AM
Just thought I'd bring this back out front as there still seems to be problems. I figured everyone would have downloaded the update
boots

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 5, 11 10:27 AM
bootsky wrote:Just thought I'd bring this back out front as there still seems to be problems. I figured everyone would have downloaded the update
boots

I haven't downloaded the update because I never had a problem with the original game. But I do agree that there still seems to be some 'confusion' as how to use the SG coupled with the Map in the Journal

Kel

bootsky
Stingray
Stingray
5,333 Posts

[Post New]by bootsky on Jun 5, 11 12:56 PM
Kelvarda wrote:
bootsky wrote:Just thought I'd bring this back out front as there still seems to be problems. I figured everyone would have downloaded the update
boots

I haven't downloaded the update because I never had a problem with the original game. But I do agree that there still seems to be some 'confusion' as how to use the SG coupled with the Map in the Journal

Kel

Trust you to bring up the map, thanks tho' 'cos I do forget about that I should've started this game again instead of that addictive one ajuma got us hooked on!! LMAO, boots

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Jun 6, 11 12:01 AM
Well done bootsky for starting this thread!!!

One thing I loved about this game was the SG - graduated hints, so you don't pick up a lot of unwanted information about other tasks when you are stuck on a specific problem.

I hope all the fishies get the hang of this kind of SG system, I like them sooo much more than walkthroughs (which are in any case available all over the place for free if you google)!!

ETA and thank-you Kel for all your efforts to explain the system in the review thread. I hope the general fishie resistance to the unfamiliar won't put Gojii or other devs off using this kind of SG in other games ...

ETA 2 I think I should have said "tireless persistence" rather than "efforts" there Kel ...

Edited on 06/06/2011 at 12:16:54 AM PST

bootsky
Stingray
Stingray
5,333 Posts

[Post New]by bootsky on Jun 6, 11 4:39 AM
Thanks for your comments Frogmort . I too really like this type of SG I found it much "cleaner" like you said you only read the the task at hand. I found it a lot easier

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Jun 6, 11 10:44 AM
I like how the SG shows gradual steps so you can find the next step if you are lost, but actually the game pretty much lets you know what you need to do. My problem with it has been that there was not a hint about how to solve the puzzle with the skulls on the gate and I had to look in a walkthrough on the review site to know what "line up the skulls" meant! Also, I am missing a leaf and the SG doesn't show where they are located so I can find the missing item or what I may have missed along the way. IMHO, the SGs in games should and usually does give you this kind of info and I don't have to look outside for it.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 6, 11 11:15 AM
Rainbow722 wrote:I like how the SG shows gradual steps so you can find the next step if you are lost, but actually the game pretty much lets you know what you need to do. My problem with it has been that there was not a hint about how to solve the puzzle with the skulls on the gate and I had to look in a walkthrough on the review site to know what "line up the skulls" meant! Also, I am missing a leaf and the SG doesn't show where they are located so I can find the missing item or what I may have missed along the way. IMHO, the SGs in games should and usually does give you this kind of info and I don't have to look outside for it.

Hi Rainbow - I've posted SPOILERS of where the leaves are. Time to bring it to the front again maybe

Kel

bootsky
Stingray
Stingray
5,333 Posts

[Post New]by bootsky on Jun 11, 11 3:11 PM
Just bringing this forward again, trying to save Kelvarda's fins a little (yeah like she's worried LMAO)
boots

[Post New]by tinyelfmomma on Jun 12, 11 3:35 PM
I guess I lost something along the way because I can't defeat the fly. And when I looked at the strategy guide, it appears I'm missing some things in my inventory, such as a frog. A little help, please?

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 12, 11 3:39 PM
tinyelfmomma wrote:I guess I lost something along the way because I can't defeat the fly. And when I looked at the strategy guide, it appears I'm missing some things in my inventory, such as a frog. A little help, please?

Hi there

In the right hand sink in the Bathroom, is a tadpole, transform it with a potion. Take it to the fly, place it on the fly and it will drop to the floor, left hand side, use another potion to make it grow. No more fly!

Kel

If you need any more help, feel free to PM me, but I'm signing out now cos it's 11.40pm

Chrikijay
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Chrikijay on Jun 13, 11 6:56 AM
What in the world does one do when the strategy guide doesn't go any further than one spot ??
I am trying to find the solution to open the puppet door and can not find the key or the solution. The strategy guide has nothing posted beyond waking the puppeteer ???
Help !! LOL

bootsky
Stingray
Stingray
5,333 Posts

[Post New]by bootsky on Jun 13, 11 7:01 AM
Chrikijay wrote:What in the world does one do when the strategy guide doesn't go any further than one spot ??
I am trying to find the solution to open the puppet door and can not find the key or the solution. The strategy guide has nothing posted beyond waking the puppeteer ???
Help !! LOL

Try clicking on waking the puppeteer you should get more clarification. It's been a while sinc I played but this may help if not PM Kelvarda she has most of the answers
boots

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 13, 11 9:32 AM
Chrikijay wrote:What in the world does one do when the strategy guide doesn't go any further than one spot ??
Help !! LOL

Hi Chrikijay

The Key should be washed out of the Well when you cleanse it of the evil. Take particular note of the Puppet sign above the door, and make the puppet on the door into the same position. When this is correct a keyhole will open, allowing you to use the key

Kel

Thank you boots - I surely do

Edited on 06/13/2011 at 9:34:16 AM PST

Go to: