silverfiesta
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

Did they loose the walk through.

[Post New]by silverfiesta on May 27, 11 9:49 PM
Sooo disappointing - a no buy for me - I agree it's a 2.99er - and nothing more and what's up with the missing walk through - buy a strategy guide? - surely you jest!!!!! If it were printed it wouldn't be 10 pages given the length of the game.

Unkewl BF and PF

Re:Did they loose the walk through.

[Post New]by photopat on May 27, 11 10:13 PM
Realy! How do you loose a Walk through? I see you didn't loose my payment.

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on May 28, 11 5:24 AM
there is a walkthrough

just copy and paste this in address bar and then add page to your favorites.

I hope this is helpful

[removed by moderator]

Edited on 05/28/2011 at 8:19:23 AM PST

stapyhar
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by stapyhar on May 28, 11 9:50 PM
Was there a walkthrough??????
Pls tell me where to find it!!!!!!!!

silverfiesta
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by silverfiesta on May 28, 11 9:57 PM
Google it - I did and found one

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on May 29, 11 12:56 AM
There's no way I'd pay basically twice the price for the one or two times I get stuck. I'll still buy from this site, but removing the walkthrough when it was there before makes me very disinclined to spend extra getting collector's editions, and the Dream Chronicle games will not be an automatic buy for me. If I buy this, I'll simply use walk-throughs from other sites.

Way to make an otherwise happy customer disgusted.

I do realise that it was probably pressure from the game designer, but given that the info people want is all over the place on the web anyway, not sure why Big Fish gave in to them. Well I do. More profit. But it's still left me deciding that I'll only buy the full version of the Dream Chronicle games after I'm done with everything else I have, if I have the time.

Edited on 05/29/2011 at 1:00:49 AM PST

[Post New]by lbrohde on May 29, 11 5:31 PM
I'm sure you mean lose and I agree. If you're going to sell a game and there is a walkthru posted it should not be removed. This is making me rethink my membership. I wonder how many others feel this way and haven't bothered to leave feedback??

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on May 29, 11 9:22 PM
walkthrus are only available with the ce.....but this game is way to short to even think of buying at the ce price

bfg does do blog walkthrus for a lot of games, but they usually take a while to post

bfglgp
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by bfglgp on May 29, 11 10:32 PM
Wow! This game was really disappointing. I've followed the Dream Chronicles since the beginning, and Book of Water is a big negative NOTHING.

I don't think BFG lost the walkthrough, I think they repackaged it to sell. How lame is that? I'm not paying more for a walkthrough if the game itself wasn't worth the game credit, and it wasn't. Guess I'll skip the further installments.

Walkthrough for this game IS available all over the web at other sites. OK BFG, you're skating on thin ice here. Not so much that I really needed the walkthrough, just that it pisses me off that BFG (or whomever) is trying to make more money on a game that really isn't worth a game credit to begin with. Tell the Dream Chronicle people to go back to their roots, whatever.

Last game I played was Tiny Bang Story, and it was 10x more fun that this POC.

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on May 30, 11 12:57 PM
Well, the problem isn't them taking a while to post it. It's that it was posted, and they removed it, presumably because of pressure from the gaming company who made it. Which is absolutely ridiculous and insulting, given that we can find this walkthrough by searching other sites.

What it does is make these forums and this site less of a one-stop shop, and makes one consider whether to spend money on the game at all, and whether to continue to keep BFG as your only casual gaming site.

[Post New]by ravenwing2 on May 30, 11 3:53 PM
I'm very unhappy with this game I'm going to get a credit. and like all the other folks have said I;m about to cancel my membership. I spend a lot of money up here and this game sucks

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on Jun 1, 11 2:10 PM
If the game sucks and you bought it, that's not really the site's fault. The issue talked about here is previous existence of a walkthrough, and its later removal. There is free demo time for a reason, and that's so you don't spend on something that you really won't enjoy.

yvonnehoho
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by yvonnehoho on Jun 1, 11 11:52 PM
the way some people react makes me laugh, so serious..as if their life depends on it

and cancelling their membership...
okay..you didnot like this game, there is always tomorrow

tis maar een spelletje....

[Post New]by NANNYBEE29 on Jun 3, 11 4:25 PM
very disappointing! bad gamesmanship!

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jun 3, 11 9:29 PM
photopat wrote:Realy! How do you loose a Walk through? I see you didn't loose my payment.

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on Jun 7, 11 1:52 PM
It'd be nice if BFG could confirm that they removed the walk-through at the request of the people who created the game, as it looks like. If indeed this is the case and they confirm it, people can simply decide never to buy a game by that gaming company and give BFG a chance (although, even so, BFG comes across as weak). If it was a BFG decision, that changes everything. But keep in mind that for pretty much every other game, even if there is a strat guide and a CE, they keep the walk-throughs up.

[Post New]by scaer_d_catt2000 on Jun 8, 11 11:54 AM
Walkthrough? We don't need no stinking Walkthrough!. This game is so easy. If you get stuck, just ask me. This is the simplest Dream Chronicles game yet! Why would anyone need a Walkthrough? Lazy? Hmmm.

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on Jun 10, 11 11:07 PM
The point isn't whether you require it; it's that they had it and then removed it, which BFG doesn't seem to do for other games when a CE or strat guide is released. Not everyone has the time to read threads about walk-throughs when they wouldn't dream of using it. There's no call to be rude to people who like something to check if they get stuck.

Are the admins for BFG reading this thread? Very few of people upset bother complaining, and I think this warrants a response. Does the removal of the document reflect your longer-term intentions in general, or just for the Dream Chronicle games? The reason I'm concerned and actively participating in this thread is that I want to know whether you're honest about wanting BFG customers to use this site as their all-information stop regarding products sold here.

Edited on 06/10/2011 at 11:19:14 PM PST

ermajackson121
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by ermajackson121 on Jun 12, 11 12:55 AM
lbrohde wrote:I'm sure you mean lose and I agree. If you're going to sell a game and there is a walkthru posted it should not be removed. This is making me rethink my membership. I wonder how many others feel this way and haven't bothered to leave feedback??

I have been playing BFGs for ever...spent a lot of money...but soo mad THEY removed the walk thru...I am stuck just after 10miins playing....hint me one thing and it does not jive....

as for buying a strategy in order find out problems...forget it!!!!

hope things cn go back to the way they were...

IS BFGs UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT PERHAPS??????

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Jun 12, 11 1:03 PM
I always use a walkthrough. The mistakes I make are usually missing a navigation arrow (like when there are two exits to the right or down takes you to a new room instead of back). In most games the hint feature gives me no help, since it just tells me hints about where I am. When BFG doesn't have a walkthrough (or removes one, which is even worse), I am forced to go to their competitors. While there I can't help but notice what games the competitor has on sale. The bottom line is that pulling a walkthrough is losing sales. Forcing people to your competition is not a good business practice.

Go to: