shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Spirits of Mystery: Amber Maiden

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 28, 11 12:16 AM
I played the CE and really liked this one!! Too many games since then to give a detailed review... duh! So, we will leave it at this: I recommend this one.

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on May 28, 11 12:16 AM
I've bought the CE version a month ago, really really great game. Outstanding graphics, exciting story line and awesome gameplay. However, the length is a bit too short, but anyway i think this game even worth the CE price. HOGfans shouldn't miss this one!

Enjoy!

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on May 28, 11 12:18 AM
Nope - a wee bit longer - April 21. I peeked, lol. Even so, I do remember trying the CE, but couldn't decided whether to get it or not. Now I will try the SE and see if I can actually make up my mind for a change, lol

Jen

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 28, 11 12:23 AM
It is definitely worth every penny of the SE price mamajay - JMO of course!! (Oh, yeah, especially since there is a $4.99 sale on right now!! Wow, that is a steal deal for this game!!)

Edited on 05/28/2011 at 12:24:01 AM PST

besstan
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by besstan on May 28, 11 1:05 AM
mamajay wrote:Nope - a wee bit longer - April 21. I peeked, lol. Even so, I do remember trying the CE, but couldn't decided whether to get it or not. Now I will try the SE and see if I can actually make up my mind for a change, lol

Jen
has this game been out before and can you tell what ce and se means please i confused besstan

besstan
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by besstan on May 28, 11 1:07 AM
has this game been on before and can you please tell me what ce and se means i confused or mybe just stupid besstan

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on May 28, 11 1:11 AM
besstan wrote:has this game been on before and can you please tell me what ce and se means i confused or mybe just stupid besstan

CE is a collector Edition, includes an extra bit to play, wallpapers, strategy Guide, etc, so the price is higher

SE is the Standard Edition, so you don't get all the extras of the CE.

Hope that helps.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on May 28, 11 1:15 AM
I tried the CE when it came out and I don't buy CE's...but this one tempted me so much I almost could'nt wait. This game is so amazing in graphics,voice overs,story,game play. I can't say enough great things about this game. It looks like most people got the CE version and I understand. But I'm so happy the SE is here. This truly is an amazing game. You must try it for sure. And I'm so happy I get this SE version with the sale of 4.99. What a deal!!!!!!!!!! Not only is this game a buy for me, but I'm giving my highest rating. I would rate it higher if I had one. lol

I rate this "FINE SWINE"

My "Terms" for Hogs,IHogs,Frogs & Other types of games.

FINE SWINE:
Great game. Bells and whistles, best, greatest, I love it.

PIGLET:
Good game. I like it! Hog,Frog,Ihog. For true lover's of these types of games

PORK BELLY:
Likable game for some, but not for everyone.

TROTTER:
Pig's foot, don't run away with buying it. lol

PIG DOWN:
Rolling in the mudd, don't go near it or you'll get soiled.

‘ ‘
(o)

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 28, 11 1:16 AM
HI BESSTAN!!! How have you been? I am posting this here because it is a slow night in the forums and there is no one here to complain....

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on May 28, 11 2:16 AM
I played the demo for the CE when it came out; and decided I would wait for the SE. It is an interesting game with a cute, imaginative storyline that would make it ideal for a family game. The graphics are beautiful, the music and voice acting are very good; and it does not seem to have any really scary characters (other than the witch who cast the spell). It does seem as though it would be a bit on the short side for playing time, however. It only took 58 minutes for me to finish the demo; and I did not skip any dialogue, and never used a hint. When I checked the walkthrough to see how far that got into the game, it looked like that was nearly half of the game. That would make it very good for families with young children because their attention span is a bit shorter than older children or adults.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on May 28, 11 3:23 AM
thistle809: "That would make it very good for families with young children because their attention span is a bit shorter than older children or adults."

Allow me to correct your assumption :

That would make very good for slow players too...

I bought the CE, but if you waited for the SE - it's a buy for sure! Stunning game!!! Took me about 5-6 hours to finish it (slow player), and I skipped the most puzzles.
Awesome graphics, helpful hint system, interesting plot.

patjoy
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,880 Posts

[Post New]by patjoy on May 28, 11 4:36 AM
It's a fantastic game by ERS Studios (that's always a good sign). Bought it in CE and love it. I recommend it to anyone who doesn't already own it. Wonderful for adults and for kids. Graphics, story, puzzles, everything is great. At 4.99 you can't go wrong, it's the bargain you have been waiting for.

[Post New]by heatherington on May 28, 11 4:53 AM
Yep, I bought the CE and love it!

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Spirits of Mystery: Amber Maiden

[Post New]by rhonayotte on May 28, 11 5:18 AM
goofyduck77 wrote:I think this came out as a CE on May 6 - fast release of the SE!

April 22 hon,

Oh,,,,nevvvver mind...someone else already let you know.

Edited on 05/28/2011 at 5:21:05 AM PST

ToonaCat
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by ToonaCat on May 28, 11 5:20 AM
Buy this one, the CE was great, but you don't need it for the ending. Beautiful game.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on May 28, 11 6:45 AM
Hey Fishies,

Just swimming by to sticky this thread.

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

If you are experiencing technical issues with the game, please refer to our Technical Issues thread here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy reviewing!

[Post New]by satexasgirl on May 28, 11 7:00 AM
I'll add to the comments-I got the CE when it came out (o shortly thereafter) & am in the process of playing again. It's been a while since I played the first time so I can't say if you get the same H0 list each time or not. It's definitely to try and in my opinion, a game worth buying especially with the sale price. Have fun, y'all.

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on May 28, 11 7:16 AM
Just played a short bit of the demo and am off to buy but first want to say how cute Felix looks in his celebration hat

I agree with all the positive comments in both this forum and the earlier CE forum. The artwork, animations, mini puzzles, dialogue are excellent.

I'm so happy this is offered this weekend at the sale price because it allows some of us the opportunity to enjoy the game now rather than later. Thanks Big Fish!

Faylyn

deelberger
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by deelberger on May 28, 11 7:48 AM

Jen
has this game been out before and can you tell what ce and se means please i confused besstan

CE = Collectors Edition
SE = Standard Edition

This game was released on BF as a CE last month. Now they've released the SE.

Happy Gaming!

Dee

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on May 28, 11 9:06 AM
Lovely charming game. But, as with all ERS games of late, it lags excrutiatingly in many scenes on my pc (NO other games cause this problem except ERS games.)

Had to use task manager to get out (unless I wanted to wait all day for scene to move pixel by pixel). I then uninstalled. No buy.

(I also posted in both technical threads).

Go to: