bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Post any Spirits of Mystery: Amber Maiden technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on May 28, 11 6:45 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

Re:Post any Spirits of Mystery: Amber Maiden technical issues here only

[Post New]by nwr1948x on May 28, 11 6:54 AM
I love ERS games...........but why are they the only ones that run sticky and slow on my 'puter ? I still buy them 'cos they're the best,but why only this dev. ?

eta.................I've done all the "fixes" suggested by BFG.

Edited on 05/28/2011 at 6:56:00 AM PST

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on May 28, 11 7:20 AM
Same problem with this game as in ALL ERS games...very sluggish and extremely, painfully slow in some scenes.

I have written to ERS twice but they ignore my email. So many people have this problem with ALL their games, yet enough ppl must have no problems that ERS can continue to ignore the issue.

It's a lovely game but I cannot stand the painfully slow sluggish scenes.

Krissy41
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Krissy41 on May 28, 11 9:21 AM
I'm having the same problems also, that is why I'm not purchasing it...It takes forever to go from one scene to another not to mention finding an object. It's usually ERS games that do this on my computer more than any of them....Get with the program ERS your one of the best sites out there but ignoring gaming problems is not good!!!

Edited on 05/28/2011 at 9:22:28 AM PST

hollyodie
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by hollyodie on May 28, 11 12:28 PM
After I took off the customized cursor the game ran MUCH faster for me. See it that works for you, too.

johnsharon
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by johnsharon on May 28, 11 6:08 PM
Nope, changing cursor didn't help me. Shame wanted to play this game! now I remember why I didn't like the CE edition! Have a great Memorial Week-end and Thanks to all you Vets for your service for our great country!

[Post New]by candicain on May 29, 11 9:17 AM
Stuck with it until the end of the trial but it was painfully slow. I was
really disapointed as this looked like a fun game.

phisherman
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by phisherman on May 29, 11 9:43 AM
As I have said before, I refuse to play another game in slow motion. It appears there has not even been an attempt to fix this problem since the CE came out. No fix, no buy

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on May 29, 11 10:33 AM
WOW!...ERS games usually is a 'must' try and usually buy...when i saw there was a custom cursor i IMMEDIATELY checked it off...and usually the game goes better than 'snail pace'...i almost fell alsleep at the keyboard...loved the graphics and story but now am just riding on the edge...who knows maybe some one that 'takes pride in what they have created' will fix...or notice...AND....believe me i am no 'speed wiz' at games they are the things i enjoy, but not to the point of 'FLUSTRATION'!...thats all i gotta say about that!...

well not all...CAN SOME ONE TRY TO SPEED IT UP!...PLZ

ETA: this was same thing on the CE!...maybe the dev's and bfg do not think of this as a real "tech" issue but they wrong...any gamer knows there is not a reason for 'sloooooow' mode!...if that would be true we all would 'delete' our email usage and go back to writing letters!

Edited on 05/29/2011 at 10:37:24 AM PST

Tink44
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by Tink44 on May 29, 11 11:10 AM
Disappointed. Game started OK then got a floating cursor and everything went into slow motion. Would like to have bought this one but not if it takes forever to get from scene to scene.

[Post New]by LIFEISBLESSED on May 29, 11 3:58 PM
I agree with all of you regarding the slow moving action. It took forever to go from one scene to the next. I bought the game because I tried it for a few minutes, and I loved it, but never thought that it was going to be so painfully slow. I also changed the cursor for the standard one, but it didn't help. I hated to have to go back to the same location because of the time I had to wait for the scene to change. I'm still playing it and I don't know if I'll be able to finish it. It is very frustrating playing this game. It's a shame because it is a great game and do I like EARS games. I'm glad that it was not my computer. I tried everything, trying to fix the speed but it didn't help.

dregester
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by dregester on May 30, 11 6:40 PM
I love coming to the forums and finding out that it's not my computer, it's the game. Very sluggish, it takes forever to clear a scene, finally gave up when in a HOG scene the items kept floating through the air. Too bad because this really looked like a game I would buy.

Dustydo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Dustydo on May 30, 11 7:48 PM
Will the problem with scenes that are in "SLOW MOTION MODE" be fixed????

Just started this game and right away it has glitches!!! Too bad as this looks like
a real good game???? This reminds me of the Puppet Show problem.

Dustydo

hcatb
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by hcatb on May 31, 11 3:25 PM
dregester wrote:I love coming to the forums and finding out that it's not my computer, it's the game. Very sluggish, it takes forever to clear a scene, finally gave up when in a HOG scene the items kept floating through the air. Too bad because this really looked like a game I would buy.

Ditto here! I agree with all the fishies: Too slow! No buy for me. I'm just glad it is not my computer

technocratee
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Slow

[Post New]by technocratee on Jun 1, 11 4:32 PM
I really really like ERS Games, but almost all of them run so slow, the system cursor helps a little bit but not enough, I used to play them anyway but no more it's just too frustrating.
I read this forum and decided to not even try it, too bad it looked like fun.

[Post New]by coffeemom2 on Jun 2, 11 5:16 PM
Wish I'd checked this forum before I purchased this game! I played the demo and had the same problems you are all describing, but I thought it was my computer just running slow that day. But my computer is fine now (I'm able to play other games no problem).

I'm not usually a complainer, but I could only stand to play this game for about a half hour. The curser is all "wonky" and it takes extreme patience to maneuver it in place to pick up something or click on something. Scenes are very, very slow. It's just unplayable.

Edited on 06/02/2011 at 6:35:46 PM PST

[Post New]by patriciablake on Jun 3, 11 7:59 AM
I tried to play this game a little while back and it was in slow motion at that time. I thought the problem would be fixed when I tried to play it again. Too bad, as it looks like a really nice game. After I used the hint button once it really got more than sluggish. It was impossible to play the game.

[Post New]by DivineThing on Jun 3, 11 11:21 PM
I am having the same problem. The game moves so slow from one scene to another. And now I cannot even get it to play. It loads and I click on "play" and it freezes. I am very disappointed. This is the second game I purchased that is extremely slow. If this continues, I will cancel my memership with Big Fish.

[Post New]by mj3843 on Jun 4, 11 8:21 AM
I just downloaded this game this morning; and, it has already shut my computer down "3" times; and, I have now deleted it. I have ERS before but not like this.

[Post New]by Jymmee on Jun 5, 11 11:34 PM
i have uninstalled and re installed the amber maiden game. i have a pie and 7 of nine domino pieces in inventory. I can not back up any further than the crossroad where u can go to the castle left or beach right. Any suggestions.

Go to: