shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Dream Inn: Driftwood

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 29, 11 12:13 AM
Do you want us to stop starting your thread bfgFlounder?? Just say the word.

Edited on 05/29/2011 at 2:26:43 AM PST

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dream Inn: Driftwood

[Post New]by nomatt on May 29, 11 12:30 AM
Not my cup of tea at all this one. Far too cutesy and very easy. Deleted after 15 mins.
Because I bought CE games and there's no point in also buying the SEs, it means there has only been one game for me this week. How about some of the recent no shows? I think two decent hidden ob games a week isn't too much to ask?

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on May 29, 11 12:34 AM
Don't like it, the game is very cute and the graphics are great. Basically, you need to find keybto enter rooms and find objects in that room, some are big some are tiny! No adventure, no puzzles??? Too many hog scenes, no buy for me.

poggyapoo
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by poggyapoo on May 29, 11 12:44 AM
I beta tested this and after 10 minutes I had totally had enough of that silly woman's whiney voice!!!! I gave quite scathing comments about the game as I found it totally childish and an insult to people's intelligence! And NO...........I won't be either playing it or buying it!

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on May 29, 11 12:46 AM
After 10 minutes playing I delete the game. I don't like it. No buy for me.

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on May 29, 11 12:46 AM
Thanks for the reviews - I don't think I'll bother

PB2010
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by PB2010 on May 29, 11 12:56 AM
Was looking forward to a nice relaxing afternoon IHOGgin - but definitely not with this!

besstan
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by besstan on May 29, 11 1:03 AM
this game not for me slow to get to the play and that womans voice well what a pain uninstalled after 10 min the game i like escape to thunder island much more of a challange hope you all ok in the pond besstan

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on May 29, 11 1:07 AM
I tried this game, but for some reason it kept freezing on my computer, which made it totally not fun. Every switch of scene require 1-3 minutes to click in. I suppose I should contact customer service, but I'm not that interested in what little game play I could engage in.

Hope those of you who like the game (and can play it) have fun with it!

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on May 29, 11 1:09 AM
This game is not for me. But I'm sure some will like this. But not me. But try it to decide for yourself.

[Post New]by SlinkyEllie on May 29, 11 1:11 AM
This game not only froze on my PC but caused it to crash !

Of the free trial, 16 mins completely wasted.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on May 29, 11 1:30 AM

Thanks goofy, I had the same feelings of this games' imitation of Gardenscapes and the lack of personality of the little old lady in this game as compared to the butler in Gardenscapes.

Even though this game is not as good as Gardenscapes, it is sort of cheerful and probably worth the $4.99 sale price - BUT I got kicked out of the demo at about 15 minutes in (did not keep my progress) so, I am reluctant to purchase.

eddyatwork
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by eddyatwork on May 29, 11 1:30 AM
I really liked this game and bought it after 38 minutes of demo time.

Graphics: Very bright and cheerful, no dark scenes so far, and the woman was lively and active. Also liked how if you moved your mouse over certain objects they'd respond, such as a lamp lighting up.

Sound: Pleasant music, active sounds in the scenes.

Hints: Fairly plentiful but there is a limited number. You can get more by finding magnifying glasses. Also had hints in the form of objects vibrating after you chase the cat out of the room and a quick flash of light from small bombs in the rooms.

Gameplay: This will not challenge experienced veteran gamers but if you just want a light and refreshing break this is a good game. One of my favorite things in a game is decorating and this game offers that when you renovate the inn. The best part is that you get to change your mind so if you decide you want stone instead of brick for your front wall, you can easily do so. If only real life were that obliging. You get bonus coins in each room as well as from finding the list objects.

Modes: Relaxed and timed. Relaxed mode does have sparkles on objects after a short time if you can't find them.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 29, 11 1:42 AM
Well I enjoyed playing Gardenscapes so thought I would enjoy this but alas it is not to be. For a start there doesn't appear to be much fixing up involved ... wall, patio, flowerbeds, paintwork ... I thought we would be decorating the actual rooms.

The gameplay is slightly jerky on my machine which is annoying plus I played a couple of scenes where I forgot to look for the coins so didn't have enough money to do landscaping and it wouldn't let me back into the rooms to look for them. They are not easy to spot either as some are only about a 1/3rd of a coin peeking out behind another object.

Clicking on a hint will only show you what the object looks like, you have to use another hint if you want to know where it actually is. Alternatively you can wait for the helpful game to show it you .

Some of you will enjoy this game and I hope that you have fun.

Cherb

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on May 29, 11 1:52 AM

I actually decided to download Gardenscapes again and replay that instead of this not as good imitation.

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on May 29, 11 2:01 AM
I thought from what little I was able to do in this game that it was much like Gamescapes, which I thoroughtly enjoyed and replay from time to time. That was part of the reason I was so disappointed that my computer kept freezing up to the point that it just wasn't worth it.

I hope those of you who can play it enjoy the fun!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 29, 11 2:05 AM
kdubs...
creative navigation

I just LOVE that!!

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 29, 11 2:29 AM
Hi shadowfax44,

thanks for starting the thread. Well done! I've gone ahead and stickied it for you!

Fishies, what do you think of Dream Inn: Driftwood? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on May 29, 11 2:32 AM
Not for me either. The woman's voice and expressions put me right off!

VolleymomDee
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by VolleymomDee on May 29, 11 2:52 AM
I found the graphics clear and the items not too difficult to find. It is what I would describe as cutesy, but the premise of the game has merit and had potential. The colors are bright and crisp, and I enjoyed having "helpers" that appeared in scenes that made items shake to identify their locations. That was new and cute. I did, however, find loading of scenes to be way too slow, and my cursor sometimes felt "laggy". I did not appreciate having my cursor jump all over for random clicks. Since other games do not make my cursor lag, I am assuming it was the game and not my computer. I thought I would delete after 15 minutes, but I found myself finishing the demo... hmmm, must mean the game did have an entertainment value. I also did appreciate the brightness of the game - that was nice after so many dark games. The developers could definitely use the story line and the basics of this game and come up with something pretty interesting (in my humble opinion). I do think Gardenscapes was developed at a higher level than this game.

Go to: