bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Dream Inn: Driftwood technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 29, 11 2:25 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 06/02/2011 at 1:43:16 PM PST

Re:Post any Dream Inn: Driftwood technical issues here only

[Post New]by okletmewin12 on May 29, 11 4:14 AM
install hung in game manager on activating, after a couple of minutes wait i shut down game manager and re-opened, and it came up as trial time expired

also it shut down messenger program and about half the windows i had open, so actually i don't care if it thinks my trial is expired, with it controlling other programs i don't even wanna trial it, lol

BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on May 29, 11 5:27 AM
Just finished finding all the jade in the asian room and making an upgrade and now it takes me to the board with the room keys yet there's no option to click on anything. I don't have enough money to upgrade anything and it won't let me go into any of the rooms. Frustrating.

jaxxgirl
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jaxxgirl on May 29, 11 6:22 AM
Same problem as BigT is having, at the same point in the game. Just bought the game, then went straight to that problem. GRRRR.

Edited on 05/29/2011 at 7:10:57 AM PST

SandraDaL
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by SandraDaL on May 29, 11 6:22 AM
After I downloaded this NEW game, it tells me that the trial time has expired. Now, how is that possible?

lyn58
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by lyn58 on May 29, 11 7:51 AM
Well, all's good until I put my name in and then nothing. It won't let me sign in. I have to control-alt-delete to get out and even that has taken me 4 minutes to do. This game plays on my laptop just fine. Help, any clues

[Post New]by MUFFY1953 on May 29, 11 8:11 AM
I'm stuck, don't have enough coins to buy anything. I can't upgrade, no key to a room. What do I do?

maziemom
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by maziemom on May 29, 11 8:52 AM
Same problem as the three posters above; game is at a standstill. Can't enter any rooms or buy any upgrades.

catlynn54
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by catlynn54 on May 29, 11 11:38 AM
I have a very dodgy cursor, it jerks and stops and doesn't want to work correctly.

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by joyzebra on May 29, 11 11:58 AM
you guys were lucky. entered my name and system froze. only way out was to unplug my laptop--yes unplug, pressing off button on laptop wouldn't even work. so ok, restarted and went to add/remove programs, hit delete, and nothing happened and system acted weird. so i did a system restore to get out of the mess!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by Pywackett2007 on May 29, 11 12:00 PM
My cursor keeps leaving the screen entirely. I can't even get this thing to play. I barely got through the intro and now it says I used up 11 minutes. Yeah I used 11 minutes trying to get back to my desktop. It won't let you get out even with a ctrl/alt/del. I had to hit ctrl/esc and even then I still had the music playing in the background. Thought this was going to be a good game. Love the Victorian Inn idea, but this is FINALLY uninstalled and I won't be re-installing it.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on May 29, 11 12:53 PM
SandraDaL , consider yourself lucky. uncontrollable cursor. clicks that won't register and hard boot out. What a mess.

Edited on 05/29/2011 at 12:53:56 PM PST

[Post New]by azblklabs on May 29, 11 1:40 PM
BigTfromAV wrote:Just finished finding all the jade in the asian room and making an upgrade and now it takes me to the board with the room keys yet there's no option to click on anything. I don't have enough money to upgrade anything and it won't let me go into any of the rooms. Frustrating.

SairBelle
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by SairBelle on May 29, 11 3:41 PM
Playing the game worked fine, but twice now the game has just suddenly closed on me and returned to the big fish game manager. The first time with 40 mins left on trial, and then again with 18. When I went back in after the first shut down, it had me start over room I was in, so it must save between rooms.

alpha_Tau
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by alpha_Tau on May 29, 11 4:46 PM
BigTfromAV wrote:Just finished finding all the jade in the asian room and making an upgrade and now it takes me to the board with the room keys yet there's no option to click on anything. I don't have enough money to upgrade anything and it won't let me go into any of the rooms. Frustrating.

I have the same problem as BigTfromAV and others who have posted about a jam-up at the keys board, where there are no keys to select or other actions to take, except Inn View.

Mine also happened just after the collection of the jade items.

After an update to the exterior, I also have insufficient funds to make any further changes (ie that might 'nudge' the game on).

I think we will need a technical support intervention here.

Best regards,
aT

[Post New]by stranford on May 29, 11 5:03 PM
Having same problem as the others. Finished the jade collection and no key and can not up grade. Any fix to this??

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on May 29, 11 5:26 PM
The game keeps throwing me out at the yacht/ship room. When I come back all my coins are gone and I have to start over. I think we have a glitch in the game since I don't seem to be the only one with the problem.

Menesa
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Menesa on May 29, 11 6:08 PM
Penny1942 wrote:The game keeps throwing me out at the yacht/ship room. When I come back all my coins are gone and I have to start over. I think we have a glitch in the game since I don't seem to be the only one with the problem.

Yet another problem game. get it together guys!!!!!!!
[b]NOTE TO BIG FISH ... I know I'm not alone when I state that Im getting sick and tried of games being released that have not been tested on all systems etc... If this is a business run it like one and give us quality not quantity or I will be joining those who have cancelled their club membership.
OMGosh who cares if there is not a so called new game every day...and Id think this verges on misleading advertising anyway , as to often it is not a new games just the CE version....just my opinion...
GRRR I feel like a white pointer not a squid.

[Post New]by juliebugs79 on May 29, 11 7:02 PM
SairBelle wrote:Playing the game worked fine, but twice now the game has just suddenly closed on me and returned to the big fish game manager. The first time with 40 mins left on trial, and then again with 18. When I went back in after the first shut down, it had me start over room I was in, so it must save between rooms.

I had the same problem as SairBelle. The game just closed when I had 38 mins left. I went back in and had no problem. But I only played a few more mins. I didn't finish my trial. I'm hoping this gets fixed because I liked the game. Reading the other posts, I just realized I was in the ship room also when the game closed on me.

KimiKanda
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by KimiKanda on May 29, 11 7:43 PM
Seems to be a good game, but my problem is the game lags, and you had to wait awhile before you could continue play. This made it boring after contiuous waiting. Will these issues be addressed?

Edited on 05/29/2011 at 7:46:22 PM PST

Go to: