bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Monster Quest forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 25, 08 11:00 PM
Welcome to Monster Quest forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Monster Quest players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

AlmostSilver
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

Re:Welcome to Monster Quest forum

[Post New]by AlmostSilver on Dec 26, 08 10:50 AM
I really enjoyed this game. It was different from the standard HO games. It is not timed and you can enjoy trying to find things....hint button recharges....the "mini" games are fun and informative. The graphics were great, sound quality (not quite the best I've heard) and you must read everything 'cause you'll get a multiple choice question before you can proceed....no penalty for not answering correctly, so you get to choose again. Note: I didn't have any technical issues with this game but my machine is up to date with all drivers and I have an excellent graphics card, loads of memory and a ton of free space. It has replay potential.

[Post New]by scottishflr on Dec 26, 08 11:19 AM
I would love to play this game but I keep getting "out of range". I have updated my video card and reinstalled several times - I'm at a loss.

bonniesgrandma
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by bonniesgrandma on Dec 26, 08 5:11 PM
I cant get past the first bit.
I found all the objects and opened to tool box with the list of names, then nothing!!!
What do I do now?

[Post New]by MauiSunrise on Dec 27, 08 4:35 PM
Aloha, I had that out of range error too, then I just set my monitor to 1024x768 and it booted just fine.. then becuse that is annyoing on my widescreen i went into windowed mode.

I like how it feels like an actual investigation, unlike some of thoose other games that just string you along... I'll be buying this one after my trial is up.. but for now I got some Turkey dinner to attend to,

Christmass Cheers everyone!

-Tina

sliker
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by sliker on Dec 27, 08 6:58 PM
i would really like to play game all i get is black screen and message mode not supported. any help thanks

Hilux
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Hilux on Dec 28, 08 4:16 AM
This looks like a buggy game. Level one worked ok, but when I got to the werewolf I answered the question ok then it bombed out, said it couldn't find the werewolf file. It then put me back to the very beginning, so I must play level one again to get to the snag again.

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Dec 28, 08 4:55 AM
The game downloaded and ran with no problems for me. I just didn't like the jumbledness of the areas to search. Couldn't determine exactly what many of the items were and I had to sit with nose almost to screen.

Also, sometimes an item had to be clicked several times. For example, the bolt cutter in first scene; I knew it was that item, but nothing happened when I clicked it 4 or 5 times. Clicked it one more time later on and it worked.

May try this game later on, just not in the mood right now for a "mish-mash" type of game.

[Post New]by maryquilts2 on Dec 28, 08 11:50 AM
Hi, I downloaded Monster Quest and got an error too, hope to try again if it gets fixed. Please let me know.

[Post New]by medakee on Dec 28, 08 11:53 AM
I am stuck at the circus level with the crowbar. Cannot find out what to do with it. HELP. So far this game is not what I expected. Hope it gets easier and better.

[Post New]by hippogriff51 on Dec 29, 08 4:16 AM
I downloaded and got Out of Range sign when I tried to play. I reset monitor and it didn't help. What can I do now? I'd like to play.

BSWalker
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by BSWalker on Dec 29, 08 3:37 PM
medakee wrote:I am stuck at the circus level with the crowbar. Cannot find out what to do with it. HELP. So far this game is not what I expected. Hope it gets easier and better.

Use the crowbar on the green gypsy wagon.

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Dec 29, 08 4:52 PM
This game is ok, I just have to keep remembering to go back and talk to the seaman and remember the case file for questions to travel.

SKYEBLUETOO
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by SKYEBLUETOO on Dec 30, 08 8:41 AM
Hmmm, where do I start ? Enjoyable game, but way, way too short. I think there are only 6 "Quests" - way too few for a good game.

Most problems can be solved by going back and talking to people again.

It seems to me that BF needs to advise us BEFORE WE BUY A GAME as to the approximate playing time so we don't get short changed on these tiny games.
Also, I do not see this game as being that replayable. It's always going to be the same things to find in the same places. I couldn't believe when I did the, I think, 6th monster that it was all over. Very disappointing !

peggyll
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by peggyll on Dec 30, 08 10:05 AM
I have tried several times to download this game and it always freezes up on the Play button. Sounds like everyone else has had the same error message as I. From the rest of you that have been able to get past all the funk stuff, it doesn't sound like it's worth all the trouble anyway. I think I'll pass. Not worth the money

[Post New]by berejeaa51 on Jan 3, 09 12:57 PM
can not even play the game as I get need to update driver then gives me WGL_ARB_pbuffer open GL extenstion. what the heck does that mean I want to play but it just wont let me and my computer does not even acknowledge the wgl thing a ma jig hopefully Big Fish will refund me a credit for the purchase of this game seeing i cant play it

[Post New]by 3rdidmom on Jan 7, 09 9:47 AM
Game ends on its own after DNA Lab test on bigfoot hair. Have gone back twice, replayed entire level and same thing happens. How do I gt pass this?

[Post New]by CrimeFighter on Jan 12, 09 9:47 AM
I have also downloaded Monster Quest multiple times and can read the instructions, but when I try to play the game, it locks up my computer. Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

Edited on 01/12/2009 at 9:47:47 AM PST

judimose
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by judimose on Jan 12, 09 10:23 AM
My screen is off-center, and I can't get it squared. Also, I've done the first screen and can't seem to get any further. Help?

judimose
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by judimose on Jan 12, 09 10:48 AM
I'm only on the second screen, where I have to "assemble" the pieces of the dive suit, but the last piece defies all my efforts to pick it up. Is there a secret to that?

Go to: