Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

Have to say

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on May 31, 11 6:00 PM
I was enjoying this game until I was required to put a nail in the foot of Jesus on the cross, in the chapel - that was the end of the game for me. I mean really -would this have been acceptable if this represented any other religious figure?? NOT!! Would really like my money back for this one. I like creepy and scary, but you, developer went too far on this one!

devontoyou
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Re:Have to say

[Post New]by devontoyou on Jun 7, 11 6:57 PM
Just want you to know, you are not alone in how you feel. Thank you for speaking up.

henibri
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by henibri on Jun 30, 11 9:42 PM
Oh my gosh!!! I didn't realize that was gonna be part of the game! I definately won't buy this one. How dare u developers!!! I was prepared to deal with glitches, bad graphics, even boring storyline. Trust me, I have purchased some doosies. But thats uncalled for and VERY UNACCEPTABLE! U lost my purchase. Think twice when making a game, whether u are crossing the line!!!! And maybe...no definately, u need to check urselfs and ur life if ur gonna put content like that in a game! Its not funny nor appropriate.

[Post New]by Water_Babies on Oct 7, 11 9:56 AM
I'm not sure I understand the problem. The nail had been taken out of a wood figure representing Christ on the cross. All the player is doing is putting it back in...how is that disrespectful? This is a game, and this portion is one movement in the entire game. Where is your outrage over the actual basis for the storyline? I found it extremely sad and disturbing and a sad reflection of values and superstitions of the time. I guess I just don't get the hysteria and outrage.

This is a very *old* game and had nothing to do with the development.

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on Oct 28, 11 7:38 PM
Water_Babies wrote:I'm not sure I understand the problem. The nail had been taken out of a wood figure representing Christ on the cross. All the player is doing is putting it back in...how is that disrespectful? This is a game, and this portion is one movement in the entire game. Where is your outrage over the actual basis for the storyline? I found it extremely sad and disturbing and a sad reflection of values and superstitions of the time. I guess I just don't get the hysteria and outrage.

This is a very *old* game and had nothing to do with the development.

Hysteria?! No..just a reminder to the developers that if this were an image of any other religious figure that was 'disrespected' it would incite riots in many parts of the world. Well.. I guess if you are not one of faith you obviously wouldn't understand the meaning and the implications therein to those of us that are. Blessings to you.

stephensol1
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by stephensol1 on Nov 24, 11 12:35 AM
I agree, wasn't necessary

Go to: