Recessive gene?

MyChicken
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Re:Puzzled by hair

[Post New]by MyChicken on Dec 27, 08 7:25 PM
Yes, I agree - recessive gene.

I wonder if all the tribe had blonde hair if all babies born would be blonde as the gene for blonde hair is recessive in real life so if a person has blonde hair they have to have two genes for blonde hair.

lil_chickadee
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by lil_chickadee on Dec 29, 08 11:46 PM
I had a little girl with black hair when I first started playing (not a starter kid, the first baby born in the tribe). Only person in the tribe with black hair, and both parents were either blond or strawberry blond, as all adults were one or the other. Even though the game says babies are a mixture of the parents' traits, I'm not convinced that babies actually inherit anything from mom and dad, as I've bred kids with abysmally low mental and physical strength from parents with both traits in the high range. I'm not sure the developers of this game actually coded something so sophisticated as a genetics system.

blingykins
Shark
Shark
13,353 Posts

[Post New]by blingykins on Dec 30, 08 12:10 AM
I'm going with a recessive gene

[Post New]by momlaplant on Jan 18, 09 2:12 PM
I have one tribe that is all redheaded. I did not do it on purpose, and all the babies come out redheaded. Honest...no potions and no moondust to get them this way. The only reason I do not change any of them is to see if any babies come out with a different color.

Puzzled by hair

[Post New]by shadow_neko_te on Jun 19, 10 8:24 PM
Coolbis wrote:I am wondering why this happend ,all my tribe has auburn hair (by potion) and when there where calling the stork and the baby came out the hair on the baby said blonde.I dont know how come the baby's hair said blonde with both parents having auburn hair can somebody explain it to me.

Thanks

could you please tell me what the potion is for auburn hair? Thanks so much!

gailsgame
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by gailsgame on Jun 20, 10 12:57 PM
Potion for auburn hair is:

mushroom+ seawater+ moondust: auburn hair.

However, if you are trying to breed an Auburn tribe, I found the best way to get a tribe with one hair color is not to dye their hair as you can't remember what they really have. It's the same as real life so if you dye their hair it won't mean their children will have the dyed hair color. They will have, most likely, the same or a combination of the parents true hair colors.

The genetics do work as I have a full black haired tribe & dark brown haired tribe.

It can take a few generations to succeed, as with real life, if the grandparent had a different hair color to the son or daughter it can come out in their offspring.

Nansky69
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by Nansky69 on Jun 20, 10 3:04 PM
I completely agry with Gailsgame, the game DOES have a genetics program into it, and as in real life red hair can be a very dominant gene (I know, cause I have a lot of redheaded people in my family LOL), also blonde and black hair from the parents can come out as auburn or red with the kids.

I also found out that you have to be careful with which woman you let breed with which man, if you want to create a stronger and more intelligent tribe you'll can't breed fair with fair, there might be a kid with poor (<10) health. And I can tell you it takes a lot of time and stardust and potions to corect that.

Go to: