bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for LandGrabbers

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jun 1, 11 12:11 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of LandGrabbers? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Katybug273
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for LandGrabbers

[Post New]by Katybug273 on Jun 1, 11 1:18 AM
downloading trial now - hoping no news is good news?
Usually someone has popped in to let us know what to expect

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Jun 1, 11 3:48 AM
I couldn't get past level one! I just don't get it. Every time I invaded and tried to upgrade the house in the middle, it just got taken over again. I managed to take over the odd house in the enemy camp, but it just got taken over again. I re--started 3 times, and each time read the instructions, but got nowhere. I have played most of my free hour. Just don't get it.

Minxiepieces
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by Minxiepieces on Jun 1, 11 4:53 AM
I don't get it either. Strategy games are fun, but this one bogs down. The watchtower should be a good resource, but it won't let me upgrade more than once. This makes it a nice defense if the other grabbers attack your territory, but useless offensively. So we just fight over and over again over a couple of houses. Hope that someone gets this and posts tips. Thanks!

[Post New]by tosh53 on Jun 1, 11 5:03 AM
Cannot download the trial game, comes up with an error. Anyone else have this problem.

Katybug273
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by Katybug273 on Jun 1, 11 6:29 AM
I didn't care for it as I guess I expected something else and after the first 5 or 6 levels I stopped playing. It was actually really easy for me but I could see it becoming monotonous.
Follow the tutorial to a T. That's what I did and then in the second level they explain how you can click on your houses more than once in battle to send out more men. Also by level 3 or 4 I noticed the amount of men drops when upgrading so upgrade sparingly and far away from the other colors. Once you get down to the lower part of map where blue & yellow are I pretty much stopped upgrading and just went all attack....if you do upgrade carefully early on you can attack multiples at a time using the same method it teaches you on level 2. Send your first group to house A - second group to B- third group on to A - so forth until you dominate the map.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jun 1, 11 6:33 AM
Well the good news is that you can advance to the next level even if you take a while to complete the current level, they just tell you every time you can do it faster.

The bad news is that I found the game monotonous ... this comment is based on the full hour's trial.

SPOILER ALERT ... highlight to read

To play you attack a building and before you get your troops numbers up to the maximum of 50 you are attacked and lose the building ... you attack and get attacked ... you attack and get attacked etc etc so carefully chose which buildings you attack first, look for the ones that are upgrading and so do not have a full complement of troops .

Sorry devs some people will like this game but alas it isn't for me who really really wishes she could still play Age of Empires with its different civilisations and its random map generator.

Cherb

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jun 1, 11 7:16 AM
This game is not for me, to complicated but I am sure many other fishies will like it. Happy gaming

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Jun 1, 11 7:33 AM
I get it, but I don't like it. I'm surprised at NevoSoft for offering such a boring title.
I honestly didn't find much strategy to it. And why is the file so large?

Edited on 06/01/2011 at 7:38:31 AM PST

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Jun 1, 11 7:38 AM
This game is insane. I love it. It takes a bit of getting used to. Once you invade and take over a house or building you have to be constantly on the watch for the enemy invading while you move forward and capture more buildings. Eventually you'll get a cavalry and you can move faster but then the enemy also has horses and then there are more of them as well. Where your army is red you will have blue enemies and then blue and yellow and blue and yellow and green all at once. It's hilarious.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Jun 1, 11 9:55 AM
tosh53 wrote:Cannot download the trial game, comes up with an error. Anyone else have this problem.

yes.

pjplanner
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by pjplanner on Jun 1, 11 11:21 AM
This game has the potential to be a really good fun game but it is way too hard after level 7. The enemy seems to be able to upgrade and increase its army way faster than I can so I am unable to defeat them. Whilst I still have only two buildings and am desperately trying to upgrade them so they are stronger, the enemy (three of them!) have already established a huge fighting army - I am at a loss to how I can survive more than a few minutes. This is so frustrating and I am fed up with it already. The first few levels during the demo where great then it seems as soon as you buy it and you get a little further it becomes impossible to advance. This isn't gaming - this is sadism at its meanest..... and I am stuck on desert level 9!

stu2
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by stu2 on Jun 1, 11 2:38 PM
started off as a good game but got too hard ,too quickly. after playing the free hour trial i bought the game but could not get any further . not happy at all.

[Post New]by TuffTadpoles on Jun 1, 11 3:28 PM

Excellent excellent game! I tried the demo and couldn't put it down. I don't know what difficulty setting I was playing, but I made it half way through the first desert level before the demo expired without losing a level. It was still challenging, regardless - I think the game has three difficulty settings.

It almost seems as if the game was designed by the same people who made My Kingdom for the Princess. It has a similar look and feel with the same addictive qualities. If you like My Kingdom for the Princess, Royal Envoy, Roads of Rome, Island Tribe, or Rescue Squad, chances are you'll like this one, as well, even though they have a different gameplay style.

This one's a winner that will keep you busy for quite some time. Very replayable, too.

Edited on 06/01/2011 at 4:32:10 PM PST

[Post New]by bakagaijin78 on Jun 1, 11 3:45 PM
Not sure if anyone has played Mushroom Wars on the PS3, but this one is similar to that game.... and I love it!

You really do have to move fast though, otherwise it is easy to get overwhelmed by the enemy. Not every game is everyone's cup of tea, I honestly think if you don't love the demo, then don't bother with this one. But if you're like me and love a challenge, then happy gaming.

INGamePlayer
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by INGamePlayer on Jun 1, 11 4:05 PM
TuffTadpoles wrote:
Excellent excellent game! I tried the demo and couldn't put it down. I don't know what difficulty setting I was playing, but I made it half way through the first desert level before the demo expired without losing a level. It was still challenging, regardless - I think the game has three difficulty settings.

It almost seems as if the game was designed by the same people who made My Kingdom for the Princess. It has a similar look and feel with the same addictive qualities. If you like My Kingdom for the Princess, Roads of Rome, Island Tribe, or Rescue Squad, chances are you'll like this one as well. This one's a winner that will keep you busy for quite some time. Very replayable, too.

That is exactly what I was hoping for--something similar to MKP or RR--but from what I played it was NOTHING like those! Hated it.

[Post New]by TuffTadpoles on Jun 1, 11 4:29 PM

INGamePlayer wrote:
That is exactly what I was hoping for--something similar to MKP or RR--but from what I played it was NOTHING like those! Hated it.

Sorry. I didn't mean to imply that this game played the same way as the others. Rather, what I was trying to say is that the same type of person who enjoys strategic TM games like My Kingdom for the Princess, Royal Envoy, etc. would probably be the first to like this game as well.

bear128
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by bear128 on Jun 1, 11 4:59 PM
TuffTadpoles wrote:
INGamePlayer wrote:

Sorry. I didn't mean to imply that this game played the same way as the others. Rather, what I was trying to say is that the same type of person who enjoys strategic TM games like My Kingdom for the Princess, Royal Envoy, etc. would probably be the first to like this game as well.

I agree with both of you! INGame, I did hate it too because I found it too hard. Tuff, yes, the type of person who would like those games SHOULD like this game. Games like this are few and far between and I was so excited to see this release. That being said, after the hour trial I couldn't get past level 3. I'm not looking for easy but to be stuck on level 3 after an hour is a bit much.

A few more interactions / building types and alternatives to strategize against your opponent would make a big difference.

[Post New]by xelareed on Jun 1, 11 6:25 PM
This game was fun in the begining, but level 8 is so hard you get mad at te computer. Not worth it!!

[Post New]by flutterby_dee on Jun 1, 11 6:30 PM
I played through the hour demo, and really enjoyed this one! The action is fast-paced, and it was fun to play something quite different to most of the games offered here. I like the strategic element - you actually have to consider your timing in the beginning of levels quite carefully. For example - should I expend my troop numbers trying to upgrade the buildings I have, or should I be focussing on acquiring new buildings, which I then might not be able to hold if I don't have the numbers? It was starting to get quite difficult when my trial expired (I think I was up to the second desert level?), but I enjoyed the challenge.

Go to: