bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Fashion Forward

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jun 1, 11 12:13 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Fashion Forward? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Katybug273
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Fashion Forward

[Post New]by Katybug273 on Jun 1, 11 1:29 AM
Fans of Cake Mania will realize in seconds what this is. It's a spin off of that series with the Risha woman running a clothing shop.
this plays a lot like her store did in Lights, Camera, Action and combines some hidden object game play with the time management genre.
Fans will enjoy it but it's pretty much 60 more levels of that segment of Cake Mania.

The story line is kind of cute though as it's about Risha getting upset when Hollywood only caters to waifs. She wants to know who sells the normal sized clothing. Then opens her own place.

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on Jun 1, 11 1:36 AM
Played 30 mins and deleted it, didn't hate it just don't like it. Kind of Shop-N-Spree games but that one is a lot better. You have to find items in your boutique as the customers want, colorful and cute but you will get boring very quick. There're few puzzles in the game which is quite simple and not so interesting. No BUY for me but thanks for the new TM.

pooch7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by pooch7 on Jun 1, 11 6:34 AM
RUBBISH!!! Played for 10 mins then deleted it!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jun 1, 11 7:28 AM
This is a spin off from a cake mania game like other fishies have already posted. I am not sure if I want to buy it, because every level feels like the same and I can also replay almost the same game in "Lights, Camera, Action". Maybe I will buy it if we have the next sale.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jun 1, 11 10:45 PM
for me it was a case of the invisible cursor... tried turning off the custom cursor and it still didn't show - ???

very quick uninstall

go fashionistas!

marbleann1
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by marbleann1 on Jun 2, 11 2:10 AM
Ok the game is mindless fun. It has a relaxed mode and that is all I want to do sometimes. The story is a little different. It is about a woman who goes on a shopping spree in LA but can't find a size bigger then a 0.5. So she decides to open her own store for the rest of us folks, Like Cake mania you can get microwave and tv upgrades and some plants but that is about it. You get to pick out new outfits to sell in the store. for both men and women. IMO it is easier then Cakemania.

Here is the problem. I have never encountered a game within the last few years that takes so long to load. I actually thought there was something wrong with the game. After you play a level it takes you back to the warehouse, but then you get to buy upgrades and outfits, you can go get a donut and a cup of coffee waiting for the game to load that section of the game. This happens in every level if you decide to buy outfits. And you will buy outfits. Then it takes another year for the game to play after you picked out the upgrades.

One other thing is I thought you could pick out the outfit your self. What I mean is you get a different choices for what outfit you want. You can pick out the shoes, the pants, the dresses and the hats separately to make up your own outfit. But what I had noticed is in many levels if you do not pick out the clothes that is on the model you will play the game and a customer asks for yellow clothes and you do not have any because you did not pick out the outfit the game had the model in, which of course was a yellow outfit. It is hard to explain, but it is very frustrating not having the colors people are asking for, The AI assumes you will pick the outfit the game wants you to pick, when it is never suggested that you should. Also lots of times you might run out of clothes. So if a character asks for 3 pair of brown pants, you might have only 2 so eventually you are going to lose that customer. Very frustrating. I noticed these things happening around level 30. SO be careful what outfit you pick. Other then that. It is game just to past the time. And it has the relaxed mode from the very beginning so you can just have some mindless fun.

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Jun 2, 11 4:00 AM
Marbleann, I have played (and really enjoyed) the whole game (before it got to BF) and I did get the situation where the customer wants, for example, 3 brown trousers when I had chosen to give away the third one to another customer who had wanted any 3 brown items, but I didn't lose the customer who wanted 3 brown trousers. I gave them the 2 I had and then a third pair magically appeared on one of my rails. I did lose out on the cash bonus for 3 items in one go to one person, but I replayed the level and this time didn't use the trousers for the person wanting any brown items (gave them something else brown). From then on, if anyone only specified colour I gave them something I had tons of.

If I had got your problem - a customer wanting 3 yellow items and I hadn't bought any, I would have quit out of the level, restarted it and bought a yellow item that time. I understand that may bother anyone who dislikes having to replay levels, but I play timed and always play over to improve my scores so it wouldn't have bothered me.

(If I lost a customer for whatever reason, I quit the level and restarted then too, so as not to spoil my unblemished record )

Sounds like it can be all things to all people because you find it a nice mindless way to pass time in relaxed mode, but in timed mode anyone TM competitive minded can try to make superstar on every level or even try to earn enough extra on top of the Superstar scores to see how many of the outfits and upgrades they can afford to buy before the end of the game. There are lots of trophies available too.

ETA I didn't have any problem with the loading screen (except for once when there was a lot happening on my computer at the same time).

Edited on 06/02/2011 at 4:39:19 AM PST

[Post New]by whitepriestess on Jun 2, 11 4:41 AM
I got this game when it first came out on the developer's site and as some may have guessed, it's from the same developers as the Cake Mania series. Fashion Forward is basically a time management game with a hidden object aspect to add to the twist. For those who have played Cake Mania: Lights, Camera, Action! and specifically Risha's boutique, the gameplay in Fashion Forward is exactly the same. However, I think that Fashion Forward has improved upon Risha's boutique. For instance, there is the possibility of buying a cookie oven and TV to increase customers' hearts. I remember that there wasn't the option of a cookie oven available in Risha's boutique but I'm not sure about the TV. Also, it helps that there are coin bonuses which make it possible to make superstar, for those who like the timed aspect of the game like myself. There are 4 possible types of coin bonuses and I know that trophies can be earned regarding 3 of them.

The storyline itself is quite delightful. Risha has moved to Hollywood only to discover that the fashion boutiques there don't cater to customers with real figures. So she decides to open a boutique to cater to those customers and she has a hit success although there are opponents who are against what she's doing.

The workshop in the game serves as the trophy room. It's one of the things that I liked, besides playing the game itself. I loved how new trophies would appear once a player would earn it although I do wish there was a way for players to know whether they earned all the trophies. I had this same issue with Cake Mania: To the Max and I hope that the developers will note this for future games along the Cake Mania or possibly future Fashion Forward games.

As for the slow loading, I never experienced this so I'm a little surprised that there have been a couple of comments about this. I'm thinking that it may have more to do with a player's OS since mine is pretty new and is kept up to date.

I wouldn't say that this game is for all time management enthusiasts, as there is that hidden object aspect that may throw off some players. I admit that it did for me initially when I played Risha's boutique but once I got used to it and figured out a way to play well, then this wasn't a problem.

For all those who are unsure of this game, give it a chance. Try the full one hour demo and see for yourself whether it grows on you. Risha is a wonderful character and I like the outfits.

Anya419
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by Anya419 on Jun 2, 11 5:09 AM
I too recognized it from Cake Mania and remembered wishing there were more levels when I played. I played the 60 minutes and enjoyed it. I had the "disappearing curser" problem, but that is easily rectified by going to options and unchecking the "custom curser."

I am still on the fence as to whether I am going to purchase it.

EnvirolBek
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by EnvirolBek on Jun 3, 11 8:01 PM
I am curious as to how many trophies there actually are. I am nearly done with the game, and have only earned a few even though I have all superstars so far. I assume I get one for that at the end, but this giant room with shelving is looking rather empty...

bookwriter
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bookwriter on Jun 4, 11 1:51 PM
I really liked this game when it was part of the Cake Mania series, but I have to say I'm not liking it as much now. I am really having a problem making goal in some of the levels and I have only been able to make expert on the first level. I don't understand what I am doing wrong and it is very frustrating.
I did play the entire hour but for purchase I am not so sure.
It really is a disappointment to me as I had thought this and her flower shop on another Cake Mania would make great full games.

[Post New]by whitepriestess on Jun 5, 11 6:45 PM
I can list all the trophies I found in spoiler text although I'm not sure whether those are all that can be found.

As to how many, I found 16.

Tricia1972
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Tricia1972 on Jun 5, 11 9:42 PM
i to say this is one of the best TM games there is. Its hard but just hard enough that it makes it challenging and not so easy that it can be beat in 3 hours. I like all the different aspects thrown in. I have to give kudos to whoever thunk this game up and produced it for us and hope amongst hope that you can come up with something similar to this one, cause I am not even halfway through playing it but dreading the end and waiting another year til another good one comes up.

Thx for taking the time to listen.

evettsonoe
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by evettsonoe on Jun 6, 11 3:11 AM
Love the cake mania series, I'm not convinced on this game. It's quite quaint, and a novel idea, but there was too many opportunities of mis-clicks which would annoy me gunning for expert.

Therefore it's a thanks, but not today.

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Jun 6, 11 8:49 AM
Hmm, I am not a fan of Cake Mania, so not surprisingly, I did not love this game. I found it very hard to click on the correct clothing item as they are so close together, so often picked up the wrong item & had to start over. Instead of an upgrade page, they are in the scene & hard to know what upgrades are available. Also the upgrade bonuses are not clearly defined. Bought the TV but didn't really know what it was for. Towards the end of the demo I was already not passing the levels & I am imo usually a pretty fast TM player. For those just playing relaxed mode--you will probably like it. Characters & storyline are cute--but TM wise this one is definitely not for me.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Jun 20, 11 8:58 PM
Risha is at it again. Totally fun! I played untimed mode as I had trouble with timed. But enjoyed the "video clips". Wonderful story as always from the cake mania creators. Love the characters that come into the store...the mall cop slays me.

This game is an A+.

bookwriter
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bookwriter on Aug 4, 11 4:06 PM
bookwriter wrote:I really liked this game when it was part of the Cake Mania series, but I have to say I'm not liking it as much now. I am really having a problem making goal in some of the levels and I have only been able to make expert on the first level. I don't understand what I am doing wrong and it is very frustrating.
It really is a disappointment to me as I had thought this and her flower shop on another Cake Mania would make great full games.

CHANGED MY MIND!!!!! I finally figured out how to play it right. Now it is one of my favorite games. It took me a while, but I did it.
PS. I would like to see Risha's flower shop be a full game.

SpookyPigdog
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by SpookyPigdog on Aug 24, 11 4:26 PM
It seems so basic - and yet its soooooo addictive. I love this game!!! No time to buy shop extras though - too busy buying new outfits! What gets me the most, is that no matter how gawdy the clothing I pick for Him or Her, they still look good!!!
A bit of fun at last! Also love it when everyone turns into a zombie....
(and do I recognise some of these characters from Cake mania?)

bookwriter
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bookwriter on Nov 6, 11 7:49 AM
bookwriter wrote:
bookwriter wrote:I really liked this game when it was part of the Cake Mania series, but I have to say I'm not liking it as much now. I am really having a problem making goal in some of the levels and I have only been able to make expert on the first level. I don't understand what I am doing wrong and it is very frustrating.

CHANGED MY MIND!!!!! I finally figured out how to play it right. Now it is one of my favorite games. It took me a while, but I did it.
PS. I would like to see Risha's flower shop be a full game.

It's now months later and I have played this through several times and find it more fun each time. I don't know if they will, but I hope they are making another or maybe even the flower shop. After all the problems I had conquering this game...which I did....I have to say it is one of my favorites.

Go to: