ruthiepic
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

Harder than your average strategy game.. (desert 3 help please!)

[Post New]by ruthiepic on Jun 1, 11 5:47 AM
I've got very mixed tastes in games and I'm really enjoying this, howeve I'm finding it extremely difficult. I'm on to the desert part and haven't managed one round without restarting. I'm on desert 3 and the others just seem too strong for me to do anything. As soon as I start expanding they come and get me. Any ideas? Anything appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

Re:Harder than your average strategy game.. (desert 3 help please!)

[Post New]by peutetre on Jun 1, 11 6:02 PM
I haven't quite figured out all of the finer points of this game but I've gotten a really good time on most of the levels just hacking my way through. On this level, I built up to 50 person buildings as quickly as possible in the little corner, then started drawing forces from the most protected buildings to pick off other necessary buildings, like the one below the tower to the right and the blue one above the upper tower. I keep the buildings "on the front" staffed as much as possible so they don't keep switching hands so often.

The blue, green and yellow forces fight each other quite a bit for control of the lower tower, so try to grab up their understaffed buildings whenever you can. The speed up and lightening artifacts also help when swarming, for example, the upper tower. If it's got a lot of troops in it, I zap it then hurry and attack it to get control of it.

I usually end up wiping out the yellow forces first, then the green and finally the blue.
I have no idea if this is of any help whatsoever . . . .

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Jun 1, 11 8:22 PM
I have no tips on the desert because I can't even get out of the forest! I'm stuck on a three-island scenario: I seized control of the top island and have held it, so yellow and green are duking it out. I can't seem to hold control of one of their castles; you have to hold the castle to go after their defensive tower and/or their stable.... Should I just concentrated on weakening them both? The problem is I can't build up more than 50 fighters in any one of my buildings.

By the way, can you train infantry and send them back as cavalry to guard the villages? Is there any point to doing that?

I'm really stumped!

cdnmsmom
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by cdnmsmom on Jun 2, 11 1:20 AM
New to the forum but not to BF. I figured that with the money I spend on games, I might as well throw in my opinion .

This game can be tricky...but I LOVE IT! It doesn't matter which buildings you take first...basically you have to take the ones that are blocking your way before you advance. I just took as many as I could as quickly as I could. When I saw that I had sufficient men to take a building, I took it. I also tried to build up my fighters as quickly as possible but only if I could do so safely. When you want to increase your building capacity, it cuts in half your number of fighters, so it's easier for that particular building to be defeated if you're not watchful. I always left the enemy tower for last and then attacked with full force from all of my full capacity buildings. You want to take the cavalry as soon as you can because they give you speed that you wouldn't normally have.

Use the special 'powers' they give you, too. They definitely help along the way.

I'm in the desert and am having a tough time on this level, but I'm sure I'll get it eventually.

Make sure you read the instructions.... it reviews the 'how-to's' of the game...it helped me alot once I found them.

It's a challenging game, which I love. Once I got into it I couldn't stop playing.

Thanks for letting me add my 2 cents

ruthiepic
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

[Post New]by ruthiepic on Jun 2, 11 2:04 AM
Thanks for the advice! I also love this game, it's a real challange that you don't find in many. I managed to fumble my way through desert 3, now I'm stuck on desert 4!! Oh well, here goes nothing!

[Post New]by kaartendraak on Jun 2, 11 4:10 AM
I am completely stuck on level 8 in Desert. All other levels were sooooo easy, never had to restart once, but now..........I just don't get it how those other 3 colours get to grow so fast, whenever I have a house taken it gets taken away. How do I go on with this level?

Yarnalee
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by Yarnalee on Jun 2, 11 4:25 PM
For the level with three islands:

Once you take your own island, grab the castles, then the towers on the other two armies' islands before picking off their other buildings. Owning the towers is the key.

Edited on 06/02/2011 at 4:26:39 PM PST

Go to: