keltica
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

Not a Happy Bunny

[Post New]by keltica on Jun 1, 11 7:15 AM
Hi all...

I've just got an email from BF and it's advertising the Midnight Mysteries Death on the Mississippi ..... I bought this games a few days ago when it was first out and it worked fine till around half way through when i got the debug message .. I'm waiting on a fix coming out .. the amount of ppl. who have had problems with game is mounting daily ... surely BF should not be advertising a game which is full of bugs and in alot of cases will not work on your pc !!!!!!!!!!!!1

Not Happy ...

LOU

Edited on 06/01/2011 at 7:35:50 AM PST

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

Not a Happy Bunny

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 1, 11 7:22 AM
keltica wrote:Hi all...

I've just got an email from BF and it's advertising the Midnight Mysteries Death on the Mississippi ..... I bought this games a few days ago when it was first out and it worked fine till around half way through when i got the debug message .. I'm waiting on a fix coming out .. the amount of ppl. who have had problems with game is mounting daily ... surely BF should not be advertising a game which is full of bugs and in aloy of cases will not work on your pc !!!!!!!!!!!!1

Not Happy ...

LOU

Hi keltica - sorry it did not work on your pc and that you had problems!

I didn't have any problems or glitches on mine. And I'm sure there are quite a few others who didn't have any problems either.

Kel

Divaaa
Clownfish
Clownfish
801 Posts

Re:Not a Happy Bunny

[Post New]by Divaaa on Jun 1, 11 7:26 AM
No trouble here,,, very happy

pernese56
Stingray
Stingray
5,775 Posts

[Post New]by pernese56 on Jun 1, 11 7:29 AM
Played it. Finished it. Loved It!

Keltica, I'm sorry you're having problems, but it sounds like it might be your pc. Do you have someone who can check it for you?

LULU5635
Marlin
Marlin
8,049 Posts

[Post New]by LULU5635 on Jun 1, 11 7:32 AM
Uh Oh, I just dl'd that one,I haven't played too far yet. Thanks for the heads up, I'll be on alert for if/when it happens and ready to gripe to BFG!

keltica
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by keltica on Jun 1, 11 7:33 AM
Loads of ppl. having problems just look at the forum for this game theres nearly as many techcinal faults comments as normal comments .... This game was odd .. i got up to the bit of shakespears tomb to open it with the buttons,, then game just dissapears and i get a debug message

Pleased for all who can play this game as it's a good one

Lou

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Jun 1, 11 7:41 AM
I'm one of the lucky ones, I've never had a single problem with any big fish game, even eternal night. It must really be frustrating when you do, though. I'm sure they'll get it figured out but it's hard to wait....well I've got the newest Puppet show but I haven't tried it yet, that one was full of problems too.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Jun 1, 11 7:49 AM
Hey keltica - sorry you had problems trying to play the game...I also purchased but didn't experience any problems. And I know it must be frustrating having to wait for a fix with a holiday weekend thrown into the mix as well.

If you are getting the same Lua debugging error as the others, it may not be because of the game, per se.

Sometimes a corrupted download can cause this type of error. Have you tried uninstalling the game, cleaning out your cache and then reinstalling the game? Sometimes a corrupted download can cause this type of error.

Just an idea. Hope you get to play your game soon.

keltica
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by keltica on Jun 1, 11 7:52 AM
i thought i was home and dry ... because most ppl. are having trouble right at the begining ...... Hope it works for you all

Lou

keltica
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by keltica on Jun 1, 11 7:55 AM
thanks textrekkie , i uninstalled and reinstalled I always clean my pc out everyday

Still didnt work .. do you know of anyone that has got the game working again after the debug message ??

Lou

bobobear
Flounder
Flounder
2,315 Posts

[Post New]by bobobear on Jun 1, 11 7:59 AM
Sorry the game didn't work for you. I played it all the way through and had no problems.

keltica
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by keltica on Jun 1, 11 8:01 AM
Has anyone heard if or when there is going to be a Fix released ??? as i'm getting withdrawl symptoms from this game, it's staring at me on my desktop but i can't play it very very annoying ...

Lou

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jun 1, 11 8:09 AM
Hi fishies,

I'm going to go ahead and pop this thread over into the Midnight Mysteries: Devil on the Mississippi Collector's Edition game forum and this discussion can be continued here.

If any fishies are having issues with this game, please flag your difficulties to Customer Support. You can get in touch with them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and then click "Contact Us" to the right of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope this helps!

bfgImbrium

keltica
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by keltica on Jun 1, 11 8:31 AM
Thank textrekkie .... i'm just going to wait on a fix

Lou

Go to: