How do you win with only 95 moves

[Post New]by likeskittens on Jun 1, 11 1:44 PM
How do they count the moves? Each time you flip up cards, each time you move a card, do the special cards like the griffon or theif count as moves. I'm stuck at 101 moves. Do I need to play without special cards to make only 95 moves?

FunkiDave
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:How do you win with only 95 moves

[Post New]by FunkiDave on Jun 2, 11 6:53 AM
Hi!

Those all count as moves.

This is actually a very difficult award to earn and requires some patience and a really good hand. Best combination I’ve found was Griffin, Prince, and Thief, optionally with bard and superhero. Keep in mind, sending a card to the foundation counts as a move. So, if you have a chance to send a card to the foundation from the turn deck, do it. Sending a card to the tableau and then to the foundation is more moves, but at the same time, so is going through the turn deck multiple times. You don’t want to load too many Kingdom cards because activating them counts as a move as well. So cards like Monk and Dragon greatly increase the number of moves you have to make. You can use the thief to save you 3 moves (click 1 steal aces instead of clicking four aces individually). You can use heroes to find buried 2's after you use the thief. Drag directly onto the foundation-- rescuing to the foundation with a hero is the same number of moves as playing the card here directly. Don't be afraid to abandon a LOT of games looking for a sweet initial deal when doing this award. It'll be faster than playing them all out.

FunkiDave

fomalhaut
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by fomalhaut on Jun 22, 11 9:51 AM
The biggest flaw in the game is that the number of moves you're using doesn't seem to be shown anywhere, even in the stats. The only place you can find any information is in the awards display.

[Post New]by burnelo on Aug 27, 11 3:50 PM
TODAY is the day to be playing this game! I was able to win a game with 95 cards or less and earn the award PLUS I beat my best score by scoring 9,047,400 points on another game! I love this game!

Sirocco
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by Sirocco on May 7, 13 11:28 PM
I thought I would never get this one and I made it a focus for several days. I used the Bard, Thief and Prince and ideally you want the |Thief to show up right away and several two's so a lot of this is luck as to how the cards fall and sheer persistence. You really need the whole hand to play out in a single turn of the cards once you get into multiple turn overs you are lost. You need to find a balance between using the Bard to work through the tableau stacks and not winding up with a row of low cards that you can't place anything on. You need to be able to play a lot of cards straight to the deck as soon as you see them. I also had to remember not to auto complete until I had played the final card unto the foundation from the turnover deck or that will count as one extra card. I had a feeling that may have been quite decisive once the rest of the cards were falling your way. It is the toughest award to get or for me anyway but it is doable. Good Luck

Go to: