bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Love Chronicles: The Sword and the Rose Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 2, 11 12:05 AM
Welcome to Love Chronicles: The Sword and the Rose Collector's Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Love Chronicles: The Sword and the Rose Collector's Edition players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Bidme
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

Re:Welcome to Love Chronicles: The Sword and the Rose Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by Bidme on Jun 2, 11 3:52 PM
I'am fed up with some people talking about someone's mother dying. Mine did 4 months ago. life's a ****, get on with it. this is a game forum or so I thought

susieq12
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

fertilizer

[Post New]by susieq12 on Jun 3, 11 6:49 AM
Have the chemistry set but can not find formula for fertilizer in journal and the book in the greenhouse only shows a picture of the blooming flower tree and a type of bottle container nothing more.........is this a glitch or have I missed a step ? Any help would be appreciated.

[Post New]by smokeymoochoo on Jun 3, 11 11:06 PM
I have a question here, i have the mirror and the recorder for the organ, recorder is placed correctly, but the mirror is not reflecting the music in reverse and i cant move anything. Therefore i can not place the last element on the pentagon so i can continue further in the game. When i pleaced the mirror on the organ the music played but that was all. I believe this is a glitch maybe.
Seeing as i have paid for the collectors edition i am not happy that i cant progress further. I also tried to do a screen shot to attach to an email but all that comes up when i press ctrl v is a black square.

[Post New]by pookie43026 on Jun 4, 11 6:46 AM
I'm stuck....where do I find the Lion Coin ?

[Post New]by KathyCS on Jun 4, 11 6:37 PM
Is there a walkthrough?

Indigo_Frost
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Indigo_Frost on Jun 5, 11 4:14 PM
KathyCS wrote:Is there a walkthrough?

Not that I have seen yet, except for the integrated Strategy Guide within the game, which is not a very good one, imo.

I played the demo, and liked the game so I bought the CE, and I am really happy with it! I have played all the way through, and it's not that difficult to figure most things out, by wandering around and just seeing what shows up, (kinda like real life, lol) although some of the puzzles were harder for me. (they do a bit too much hand-holding in some areas, but in others...they don't, and usually when you need it the most, lol!). I found the Strategy Guide to be poorly done, and in the couple of areas where I needed guidance the most, it failed. But ultimately I just kept backtracking til I figured things out (without pulling my hair out, nor leaping from the balcony in frustration)! Lol. And I really liked putting together the inventions and making the potions. The graphics were beautiful, the developers had a great sense of humor that showed up in the design and game-play, and the story-line had some interesting twists to it. It was worth it to me to get the CE, as the Bonus Play was great fun!

There are a couple of questions that people have asked in here, about where certain things are located, and I'm sorry that I can't recall them and so answer your questions (at least in the moment).

Edited on 06/05/2011 at 4:24:46 PM PST

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Jun 5, 11 7:00 PM
KathyCS wrote:Is there a walkthrough?

There WILL BE when the SE comes out..That means when it comes out as a Regular $ game. BFG always does it for those games...

Good Luck
PEN

dmcof
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by dmcof on Jun 11, 11 7:03 AM
am stuck on levl 2 cannot find lever even when i have used the shears on the bush. Help please!!!!

[Post New]by tumblebees38 on Jun 17, 11 2:12 AM
I am also stuck on level 2. I cannot cut the shrubs so I can get a lever. Which makes you have to stay right there no advancing. please help. Is there a fix.

Edited on 06/17/2011 at 2:13:01 AM PST

[Post New]by sjbrite on Jun 17, 11 5:20 PM
Everything was going fine until I got to the book and the two chess pieces. I can't pick up the book nor are there the two chess pieces there. Anyone else have this problem?

pat040134
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by pat040134 on Jun 30, 11 10:51 AM
I am so stuck on how to find the cloth to wet. Went back and back, checked the strategy guide and nothing. I need help. Thanks.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jun 30, 11 12:56 PM
Hey pat040134,

Take a look at your other thread here for help.

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by zone7777 on Jul 28, 11 6:23 PM
HI, I pulled a rope from the top of the building and an eagle statue fell down, now it is a pile of ruble. It is sparkling and I know I have to go over and do a search, but it won't go over to the pile. almost like it is stuck. the game pans back and forth, but won't open the puzzle. anyone else have this happen, Hope I explained it ok,,,,, it is the puzzle that gives the fire extinguisher, gotta hurry cause the house is on fire!!!

fertilizer

[Post New]by ManagerTabor on Sep 28, 11 5:12 PM
susieq12 wrote:Have the chemistry set but can not find formula for fertilizer in journal and the book in the greenhouse only shows a picture of the blooming flower tree and a type of bottle container nothing more.........is this a glitch or have I missed a step ? Any help would be appreciated.

Did you receive a clear answer to this question? if you did, where can it be found?

[Post New]by Speer1 on Nov 2, 11 2:23 AM
Hi, could someone please help me??
I also am stuck on level 2 cannot find lever even when i have used the shears on the bush. Seems like the shears does't work here.
Help please!!!!

[Post New]by bfish1234566 on Apr 27, 12 11:13 AM
hi, im having problems finding the lever at chapter to in the brushes, can you help me please???

2pence7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by 2pence7 on Jul 23, 12 11:03 AM
I'm having problems with the room with the trolley on rails. The hint highlights the lever that opens the gate but all that happens when I use it is that it lifts up a small bit then crashes down again.
Any solutions? Thanks

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 23, 12 12:26 PM
Hi 2pence7,

I checked the walkthrough we have for the standard version of this game, and it looks like you'll actually need to use the rope on the lever to help you raise it the whole way. You would have picked up the rope a while back, in the hallway with all the suits of armor.

I'm pasting a link below that will take you to the full walkthrough in case you'd like to check it out. Even though you're playing the Collector's Edition, the gameplay is pretty similar and so it should be a good guide for you through most of the game.

Love Chronicles: The Sword and the Rose Walkthrough

I hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Go to: