orijojo
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Love Chronicles: The Sword and the Rose Collector's Edition

[Post New]by orijojo on Jun 2, 11 12:17 AM
I'm waiting for you goofyduck, I played the first one and enjoyed it but it was not a game to write home about, the C/E would have to be considerably better to entice me to pay $13.99.

jojo

puppycake
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Love Chronicles: The Sword and the Rose Collector's Edition

[Post New]by puppycake on Jun 2, 11 12:24 AM
When under a game it says OS: XP/Vista, does that mean it will not work on windows 7?

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Jun 2, 11 12:31 AM
puppycake,

They should work on 7 as well, just try them to be sure. Newer ones will work on 7, older games may not.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jun 2, 11 12:36 AM
puppycake wrote:When under a game it says OS: XP/Vista, does that mean it will not work on windows 7?

Good eye! I didn't even notice that!! I haven't had Win7 for very long and I don't know if I even would have thought about it... I am so used to having XP - everything worked on XP.

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jun 2, 11 12:39 AM
Hi everyone,

This thread has now been stickied for your convenience! We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jun 2, 11 12:49 AM

The story does continue on from where the last game left. It comes in advanced mode (no sparkles) or normal mode. This seems to play more like a 'normal' interactive adventure game. Not as 'cutesy' graphics as the first game.

The last game had an interactive map to get around, not this one. Also the last game was a FROG where so far I have only seen 3 straight HOG scene (not FROG and the first one 15 mins into game) and I seem to have done a lot so - HOG lite, adventure/interactive heavy? My cup of tea! You collect rose petals this time throughout the game.

HOG scene if you misclick 3 times you get ice freezing the corners of the scene.
The strategy guide seems to be straightforward.
I am playing expert, but still obvious (in a good way) of what to do next.

Those expecting an exact replica of the first game, may be surprised/disappointed? But I loved the first game, and it's the only FROG game I have liked. But really enjoying this one.

edit: end of full demo - still in chapter 1 - don't know how many chapters there are.
I found 3 different HOG (no repeats) junk pile but not hard to find items, and 1 'find 12 same items" HOG scene.
puzzles - 2 different put together items to make an item, and good variety of puzzles (no pipe ones yet!) which are variations of others.

Good solid adventure interactive game, really enjoyed it. I would only say that while this is a very good offering into this familiar genre, the uniqueness of the other game - I am missing something. Will buy, but not sure if it will be the CE version.

Edited on 06/02/2011 at 1:44:55 AM PST

orijojo
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by orijojo on Jun 2, 11 1:05 AM
Thanks gingergal,

Your comments made it sound like a game I would really enjoy IH0G/Adventure, light on the H0G and heavy on the adventure.

I'm off to play the first one again to remind myself what it is all about and wait for a few more reviews.

I only have 500mg download capacity left on my broadband at the moment, so I can't dl both the trial and the game, so must do my research first. H0 Hum

jojo

ETA: and collecting things, luuuurve collecting things

Edited on 06/02/2011 at 1:08:40 AM PST

equusjoy
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by equusjoy on Jun 2, 11 1:14 AM
I finished the demo and I have to say I did enjoy it. I can tell you will need extra sneakers for this one, too. Lots of running around. I liked the game and can't think of anything that bothered me. Different mini-games, too.

Try the demo at least, it's definitely worth it.

Happy gaming everyone,

Joy

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 2, 11 1:17 AM
Hi there orijojo,
I understand your angst about DL limits and having to redownload a game after the trial. I have sometimes had to endure the frustration of DLing a large game file overnight at dial-up speed when I have "hit the wall" with my account and whilst I don't have to pay extra for the DL size, the speed is snail-time.
Cheers

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jun 2, 11 1:20 AM
I played for 25 minutes and I love it! And I bought it.
Happy gaming, fishies.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Jun 2, 11 1:25 AM
Love the graphics!! On my way to purchse. Super clear and great graphics and like the storyline.

I am very happy so far I have not seen any frogs/frags.

The SG looks like a good one. (which I never use...not) Only issue so far is minor, cant read and look at scenery at same time.

Happy game day to all fishies

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jun 2, 11 1:34 AM
Well I am in heaven and hell at the same time this morning ...

Heaven ... I love this game

I can wander around a few areas at my leisure
I can pick things up when I want and not when I am told to
I wasn't aware of any sparkles except on the tree when I had cleared all the areas before it and was ready to move on

Hell ... I can't buy it

BFG will NOT let me purchase it using my normal method of CC . The checkout insists I use my credits and they are ones that I have given away to other fishes who haven't used them yet .

I hope the rest of you have fun playing it.

Cherb

ETA ... thanks for all suggestions but ...

OOPS ...

Having clicked on the Purchase this Game option and found BFG tried to take 2 credits instead of using my CC, I clicked on the Use 2 Game Club Credits to see if BFG had the options set the wrong way round on my computer ...

the split second I clicked that button it took my 2 oldest credits , so I now need to issue new ones to replace those it took .

take note everyone you can only buy Collectors Editions with credits if you are a Game Club Member and have credits available and buy direct from your Game Manager as I always do ... that is until they change it and goodness knows when that will be as these sort of changes seem to take a long time to implement .

ETA 2

Oh Poopysue ... Now I know where Fluffy went from Gravely Silent ... don't worry though sweetie, she brought her house with her

Edited on 06/02/2011 at 10:48:27 AM PST

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jun 2, 11 1:35 AM
First, I thank very much to Vendel Games, for not choosing the Fracture HOG, but the Adventure HOG, with full objects view. I replayed the first one, and already thought that if it will be a Fracture HOG, it will drop off my list...

Well, the opening is not easy (for me) - fixing generators is not my cup of tea; but thanks to the Skip button...

Excellent graphics, interesting plot (no romance, males, relax! May be later ), and the well-known Adventure HOG by most of us. Bought of course!

Thanks developers, thanks BF!

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Jun 2, 11 1:36 AM
I love it. And so far no gliches. This is the first CE I have been able to buy in 3 weeks. The other 2 had issuses. I think it is great that there are HOG scenes. I don't like FROGS, so I was expecting the worst. I am off to play. Have fun fishes.

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Jun 2, 11 1:58 AM
hello fishies..i played for a while...enjoyed it BUT cannot purchase coz my money pot is empty ..!!!

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jun 2, 11 2:11 AM

I was disapointed when the demo ended so, its a buy for me.

But I have so many games left over that I haven't played yet from my spending spree last month that this will be available in the regular edition by the time I can feel guilt-free to buy it.

Very nice!!!

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Jun 2, 11 2:15 AM
I was hesitant to try this one because I absolutely HATED the first one. I tried over n over to get into it but I just couldn't grasp onto it. I figured it was probably because very few I-FROG games appeal to me however this one isn't an I-FROG at all I hit hidden object scenes, junk piles, but the graphics are lovely so I didn't mind so much. I also hit "find multiple object" scenes that applied to what I needed to find to move forward. I played on expert and I found it to be easy to figure out what to do next but not so annoyingly easy that I would feel there was no challenge. You get to put things together that you have to use in other scenes and I like putting things together in games not in real life LOL games are easier, don't have to sit there staring at the directions like they are written in chinese or something and then realizing I put the thing together backwards! (happened with my desk last month lol) anyways, I really liked this game. The storyline was good and even though I wasn't into the first game I don't really feel like I missed out on anything. I could start where it started and I wasn't confused. I plan on buying this game but I didn't get that "i have to have it now" feeling, thank god because I am kind of broke after the last sale The strategy guide only showed the first chapter so I have no idea how long it is and it includes bonus gameplay, wall paper, concept art & the strategy guide was helpful & leaves you where you left off so no going back and forth!! I think I'll wait for the mac version & also the SE but happy gaming

orijojo
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by orijojo on Jun 2, 11 2:28 AM
Hi there to you DragonLadyOz,

Yes, I’m in a bit of a pickle at the moment, I’m sure I’m going to want this game but can’t DL twice.

Normally I have no limit on my broadband, but I’m holidaying with friends at the moment and had to buy a “prepaid stick” just so I could keep in touch with BFG, the stick came with 2 gig DL but 1.5 of that is already gone.

So this may be another one I buy blind, hope it’s not another Book of Water experience. Ugg!!!!

So I'm relying very heavily on the forum this time, don't let me down guys

jojo

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Jun 2, 11 2:35 AM
cherbtoo wrote:Well I am in heaven and hell at the same time this morning ...

Heaven ... I love this game

I can wander around a few areas at my leisure
I can pick things up when I want and not when I am told to
I wasn't aware of any sparkles except on the tree when I had cleared all the areas before it and was ready to move on

Hell ... I can't buy it

BFG will NOT let me purchase it using my normal method of CC . The checkout insists I use my credits and they are ones that I have given away to other fishes who haven't used them yet .

I hope the rest of you have fun playing it.

Cherb

Hello everyone.

Cherbtoo, can you not use your CC to buy 2 more credits then buy the game with those?

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Jun 2, 11 2:50 AM
@cherbtoo

According to what I read when they started the purchasing CEs with credits, will ALWAYS use the oldest credits FIRST. Could you use the older ones for your CE purchase and then purchase NEW credits to replace the ones you gave to your friends? I'm sure they would understand if you explained it to them! I hope that makes sense. Hope this helps more than it confuses!
Bearkat

Go to: