DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:FINISHED? Tell us about it!

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 2, 11 12:34 AM
Hi there goofyduck,
Let's hope there aren't too many responses for a looooong while unless someone has actually purchased this elsewhere as it has only been available here for 31 minutes at this stage as I type.
This game is by the same company (Vendel Games) that made the Magic Encyclopaedia games and a sequel to the delightful Love Chronicles: The Spell (loved rescuing the maple leaves). Gotta love their logo - purring cat on top of a computer mouse.
The first one was a FROG, but many of the component parts where real items and made larger ones.
Looking forward to a fun time myself.
Cheers

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on Jun 2, 11 6:40 AM
Finished...great game to start the month with. I don't like th first one but this one seems much better, love this one LOL! It last about 2.45 to 3 hours, havent play the extra chapter yet, hope it will be as good as the game.

stevieferr
Clownfish
Clownfish
770 Posts

[Post New]by stevieferr on Jun 2, 11 6:46 AM
Very easy used me free hour and not sure whether to buy or waqit till its an SE game,different from usual HOG games.........very addictive though

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jun 2, 11 6:50 AM
TeamSD wrote:Finished...great game to start the month with. I don't like th first one but this one seems much better, love this one LOL! It last about 2.45 to 3 hours, havent play the extra chapter yet, hope it will be as good as the game.

whew glad i didnt buy it, ce,s are getting way too short imo....for a ce, i think main should at least be four hours, with bonus adding another hour or 2,

casualgran mentioned treasure mystery of the ghost ship, it was released as a se, had morphing objects, and was about 6 hours long...why cant ce,s be just as good,

i had bought nearly every ce, till a few months ago, but am tired of them getting so short

viclynn17
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by viclynn17 on Jun 2, 11 7:55 AM
I just finished and I would say I am not a fast player, I like to enjoy the story. It took me about 5 hours or more and I enjoyed this game soooo much. The items are big enough you can find them but still you need to hunt for some. This will be played again this weekend. The extra game play was good, too, about an other hour or more for me.....

Edited on 06/02/2011 at 7:58:28 AM PST

stevieferr
Clownfish
Clownfish
770 Posts

[Post New]by stevieferr on Jun 2, 11 7:59 AM
I was playing on expert mode so god knows how quick i could have played on easy mode..........defo not worthy of CE thursday game

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jun 2, 11 8:02 AM
Took me around 4.5 hours including the bonus chapter, which was much easier than the main game and relied heavily on hidden object scenes.

As with the first Love Chronicles, you collect something which enables you to finish the game. I played in casual mode and they were easy enough to find.

I think I like this better than the first episode, though not by much! Gorgeous graphics throughout, hidden objects not too hard to find, some tricky puzzles and a storyline that made sense...what more can you ask?

For those like me with a spider phobia, there is one in this game that made me cringe! What a joy when I was able to..........won't say what as don't want to spoil for others but it's great fun!!

Lovely game and well worth my saved up credits!

juttertje
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by juttertje on Jun 2, 11 10:05 AM
I like the game. beautiful graphics, tricky puzzles, good storyline. well worth playing and buying.

dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by dootney on Jun 2, 11 6:43 PM
Finished the game and loved every minute of it. Im a middle of the road player and it took me about 8 and half hours including the bonus. I stopped for about 20 minutes to catch a snack. I really liked the flow of the game. I liked the way areas closed off without the usual big old sign saying area closed. I played in regular mode because i dont like frying my brain. I usually dont like multiple items in the hidden object scenes but i didnt mind it here because all of the items were usable. I liked the putting together of the usuable crafts. They were very imaginative. The scenery was georgous. Items easy to find for me. If you make another dont change a thing about the playability. New storyline and get going.

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Jun 2, 11 9:26 PM
TeamSD wrote:Finished...great game to start the month with. I don't like th first one but this one seems much better, love this one LOL! It last about 2.45 to 3 hours, havent play the extra chapter yet, hope it will be as good as the game.

I agree. I didn't care for the first one either. This one was much better with graphics and story line. I didn't mind paying extra for second one but did for the first one.

pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by pgillenw on Jun 2, 11 10:52 PM
Enchanting! Kid Friendly! Superb graphics! Music relevant and pleasant!

The game is very doable with out the Strategy Guide.

I am not sure how long it actually took me to complete the game, I am not a "fast get it done" player. I like to take my time so I would estimate about 8 hours give or take.

The theme of this game is, in my opinion, quite suitable for a kid who has mastered moving about on a computer. Depending on age adult help may be required.

If you are looking for a thriller, sinister or scary HOG this game will not fill your needs. However if you are looking for a game that provides a more easy flowing experience, a change, then this game just might provide what you are looking for.

I had just finished The Phantom of the Opera which I have enjoyed over and over and the Sword of The Roses provided just the diversion I needed.

Hope you enjoy, I know I did.

Played well on Widescreen, Resolution 1600 x 900, Win 7 64-bit OS.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jun 3, 11 5:47 AM
I finished the game and found it a pity that the game is over. It was a beautiful game with a lot of puzzles. Some I had to skip. It was very good story, from the beginning til the end.

It took me over 6 a 7 hours and 1 hour for the bonus.

So, now I am waiting for the sequel.

Kudos to Vendel games and thanks BF.

Nynaeve70
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by Nynaeve70 on Jun 3, 11 6:10 PM
I've enjoyed playing it. For me, the guide was a necessity to do the puzzles. Even with that, some I had to skip.

This one seems to be a gloomier game than the first one and less interaction with people. But then it is a different story altogether.

I don't regret buying it.

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Jun 3, 11 10:36 PM
Finally, a great game. I enjoyed everything about this game. Some of the puzzles were very hard for me and I used the solve button. But the easier ones were so much fun. I really enjoyed the embroidery puzzle. The graphics are wonderful and the interaction is enjoyable. I liked the story line, collecting the roses in order to solve the game. My favorite was the helping book. Loved the way it was collected and displayed. I had to go back in the book several times to help me with puzzles which was fun to interact with the book. Wish I had one like it. Fun, fun, fun. When a game is good and takes awhile to play, it is best for me. Timewise was lengthy which for me is good because I tend to play games too fast. I did enjoy the HOGS in this game as they were large enough to see (and enjoyed looking at) and still hard to find some of the objects. These people are great game designers. I did read the credits and could not figure out what country the names belonged to. BTW, the extra game was just as enjoyable as the full game. GREAT GREAT GREAT. This is the way I like to spend my money in Big Fish Games. Thanks

Brennagrl
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Brennagrl on Jun 4, 11 7:17 AM
This may be one of the best I have played, it will be in the top 3. Beautiful graphics, tasks that one could accomplish with a bit of thought, easy access to the SG. Overall a real winner, I would love to see more games with such a good complete package, bonus game was fun. The only complaint that I have is that it's over, I could do this game for a long time and not be bored with it.

salyandpepper
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by salyandpepper on Jun 14, 11 7:17 AM
Hi all

I was reluctant to buy the game as I too didnt like the first one but...... I tried it first and loved it. It has got better the more I played. there is plenty to do. I agree with lots of you that with this one you need to be patient. The mixing of potions can be quite tricky if you dont want to use the guide, trial and error and I got there.

I actually really like this game it has something for everyone, still playing after 5 hours and nearly finished it. I am not a fast player, I think there will be another couple of hours left yet. IMO well worth the CE price.

Have fun

majicbird
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by majicbird on Jul 30, 11 12:10 AM
I bought this after playing the trial, good game, lasts awhile! Only thing I can say is that a couple of the puzzles don't have good instructions on how to do them, so had to "skip" them.

[Post New]by Ablueyeddrmer on Nov 22, 12 1:18 AM
When will the third edition come out??? Curious to see how the story will play out. Loved the game very much.

Go to: