bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Elizabeth Find M.D.: Diagnosis Mystery, Season 2

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jun 2, 11 12:41 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Elizabeth Find M.D.: Diagnosis Mystery, Season 2? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Elizabeth Find M.D.: Diagnosis Mystery, Season 2

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jun 2, 11 1:18 AM
I have the first one and I like it only because I am familer with the medical world. And this sequel is a nice edtion. There's alot of dialogue and medical information. This is what interest me about this series. I don't think this game will be for everyone, but do give it a try. You never know what might catch your fancy.

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Elizabeth Find M.D.: Diagnosis Mystery, Season 2

[Post New]by nonembe on Jun 2, 11 1:22 AM
problems in the first area. ambulance: where is de key card???????

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 2, 11 2:11 AM
Hi there,
What a surprise to see this game offered as a soft release.
I had some sort of beta trial with this game and thought it was quite fun. A number of cases to solve (not sure how many as the trial was limited) and a basically soundly produced game - no problems with Vista.
Maybe not a major piece of excitement for more experienced game players, but well worth trialling and considering for those who haven't played the first game and as that extra game to fill the PC later in the month.
Cheers

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 2, 11 2:13 AM
Oh, I forgot to add, the Cases are a "set" of scenes and some of the items you require for one scene are found in others.
Cheers

Edited on 06/02/2011 at 2:13:50 AM PST

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jun 2, 11 2:27 AM

I could tell just 5 minutes into the game that its a buy for me. I liked the first one, too.

Probably not everyone's cuppa but I am from the medical world and so I'm a big all day sucker for this particular game. Also, its done better than the few others that have been offered.

Quite nice combination of snarky medical politics, interactive hidden objects, problem solving along with some soap opera action.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jun 2, 11 2:30 AM
This game is a little bit better as the first game - better graphic especially, but I still don`t like because its almost only one hogscene after another. No buy

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jun 2, 11 4:32 AM
I'll have to check this out when I get home from work tonight. Kind of a drag for this developer to be soft released on the same day as a CE, I'm sure a lot of people will overlook this game.

mtgirl
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,151 Posts

[Post New]by mtgirl on Jun 2, 11 5:09 AM
Same comments as Eisteepfirsich. I liked the premise,artwork,&subject but WAY too many HOGs.

Sheila155
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Sheila155 on Jun 2, 11 5:35 AM
I agree with Eisteepfirsich and mtgirl. Also, it lacks a bit of adventure and grey matter stimulation! No buy for me!

Edited on 06/02/2011 at 5:36:56 AM PST

NancyJ7253
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by NancyJ7253 on Jun 2, 11 9:13 AM
Just playing the demo and I'm enjoying it and I'm not in the medical field. Enjoyed the first one, too. Just need to be able to get the shttlecock from the vet area in the first case then I would enjoy it more. Won't buy it until that problem is fixed.

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Jun 2, 11 9:25 AM
I enjoyed the first episode and this one looks better. Appears more "polished", a totally subjective assessment.

Not too bad from a medical point of view. I am particularly attune to medical errors in all forms of media. I am sure I used to annoy my family/friends with my critiques while watching a movie or TV etc.. I've learned to keep my mouth shut though unless there is something outrageously egregious I just have to comment on.

I think I'll buy.

Edited on 06/02/2011 at 9:26:36 AM PST

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Jun 2, 11 1:09 PM
I find it interesting and easy to do. You can learn some new medical terms and it was fun to play.

[Post New]by tomwilcha on Jun 2, 11 3:22 PM
Stuck in icu. Stethoscope disappeared. Keeps telling me to further examine patient but with what? Don't know what to do with ventilator.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Jun 2, 11 5:04 PM
Cute game. Maybe if nothing to do at end of month, but not a must have for me. Maybe after heart surgery and aortic aneurysm I'm just tired of hospitals

Edited on 06/02/2011 at 5:04:57 PM PST

[Post New]by spruce on Jun 2, 11 5:24 PM
NancyJ7253 wrote:Just playing the demo and I'm enjoying it and I'm not in the medical field. Enjoyed the first one, too. Just need to be able to get the shttlecock from the vet area in the first case then I would enjoy it more. Won't buy it until that problem is fixed.

I had a problem with the shuttlecock too - I kept getting the dialogue about pet hair even though I'd already got it in the petrie dish. I just went back to the map then entered the scene again and the shuttlecock picked up without a problem. Hope that helps.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Jun 2, 11 8:12 PM
This one is a buy... played 15 minutes and stopped to buy. It's got it's drawbacks... junkpile scenes with things that don't belong... fresh shrimp? On the side of an ambulance? (I need a rolling eye smiley.) There's PLENTY of things in hospital settings they could have hidden without adding in the junk. But the graphics are clear and it's an ihog lite with extra things to do to find things, bouncing between map locations and inventory items to use. Not sure why some have called it a straight hog... it's not. (I hate straight hogs anymore... too boring.)

I'd give this 3 out 5 's. Needs to have the H0 scenes cleaned up to earn a higher score and some voice acting. Could have easily been a five star game with a little more work.

DutchJames
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by DutchJames on Jun 3, 11 3:19 AM
Like the game and it was a definite buy. I like how you have to use object across scenes. There are some tricky but fun minigames. At least some of the unethical behaviour like breaking and entering or keeping a patient against his will, seems to be gone.

LadyWyntre
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by LadyWyntre on Jun 3, 11 5:48 AM
I enjoyed the first one (love the drama going on around the cases). Feels like House without Dr. House.

Be warned that some of the hidden object items are a little exacting compared to other games; some items I've found require multiple clicks on and around the item to trigger. Some have noted the pet hair/shuttlecock bug; I had that, too, but there's an easy workaround.

I find some of the scenes, as in finding 15 differences between two X-rays of lungs, to be tedious. To be fair, I'm not a spot-the-diff fan anyway; nonetheless, this seemed to be egregious nitpicking.

There are some things to enjoy about this game, such as the way that scenes interlock. For instance, you may find a key in one scene that opens a locker in another scene. It was an easy "use a punch card code" choice for me.

7/10.

Edited on 06/03/2011 at 5:50:03 AM PST

jeannemaria
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by jeannemaria on Jun 4, 11 1:03 AM
I used a punchcard code to purchase this game. This game is much better than the first one, which i did not buy. I like straight HOGs, and this game had clear graphics. What i don't like in this game is that many of the hidden objects are totally illogical in the ICU. It would have been a much better game if the hiden objects had been appropriate to the environment. i don't mind Spot the differences, but the two X-rays were super difficult. For 6 at least, i had to use the Hint button. The hint button filled very fast, which was a plus.

I give this game 3+

Go to: