bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Lex Venture: A Crossword Caper technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jun 2, 11 12:43 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

Re:Post any Lex Venture: A Crossword Caper technical issues here only

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Jun 2, 11 6:55 AM
Could not open program on my IBM with Windows 7. I tired several times with same result. Message is the following:

Could not prepare process (0xBF00

Will try the game for DD if this is fixed.

[Post New]by ladypig on Jun 2, 11 7:21 AM
Could not open in Windows7.

Marie_O
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Marie_O on Jun 2, 11 8:22 AM
Getting the same message :-(
Could not prepare process 0xBF00B

After 4527485 time management games on the DD, finally one that I'm excited about and it won't work. ARG!!

[Post New]by shelbylynn on Jun 2, 11 8:58 AM
having the same problem here too....cant open.

[Post New]by robshep on Jun 2, 11 9:44 AM
I'm having to same problem. Has anyone found any answers?

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Jun 2, 11 9:44 AM

I tried several times to open it and I got NO message -- it just won't open

MEnr56

TigerJo714
Stingray
Stingray
5,122 Posts

[Post New]by TigerJo714 on Jun 2, 11 9:47 AM
I got the same error msg as well. Too bad, for a DD I'da liked to try it.

giggyann
Catfish
Catfish
1,721 Posts

[Post New]by giggyann on Jun 2, 11 9:55 AM
barbiecats2000 wrote:Could not open program on my IBM with Windows 7. I tired several times with same result. Message is the following:

Will try the game for DD if this is fixed.

I got the same thing.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jun 2, 11 9:57 AM
Ditto, same message. Oh well.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jun 2, 11 10:41 AM
Hey fishies!

If you continue having troubles with Lex Venture: A Crossword Caper after taking a look at some of our Help pages (especially those recommended by bfgImbrium), then I'd definitely encourage you to get in touch with Tech Support by first clicking on the green at the top-right of this page, and then on the Contact Us link that you'll find at the bottom-left of the following page.

Big Fish Game Club members can also connect to Live Chat from their My Game Club page for real-time support. Live Chat is open Monday - Friday, 9:30 am - 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

bethy829
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by bethy829 on Jun 2, 11 2:37 PM
Same problem here. Is it Window 7 or all operating systems? I have windows 7, but also have a Vista. Think I'll try it on that one. Went to help pages but didn't help.

[Post New]by BlueSkyPinkCloud on Jun 2, 11 5:38 PM
its a no go with launch for me on vista. it shows a 'loading' screen for a split second then goes immediately to the "thank you for playing" screen in the game manager. Would have liked to play this game for dd. : /

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Jun 2, 11 8:27 PM
Thank you bfghondo but not worth the trouble really. Frankly, I don't have problems with any other games and I don't wan't to mess with setting and such just for one isolated game.

I appreciate your coming in and responding. Take care.

zbox12
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by zbox12 on Jun 2, 11 8:57 PM
No luck opening either. The rest of my games work fine. I have vindows vista. Have not gotten an error message it just says loading.

NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on Jun 2, 11 9:58 PM
Same problem here for me - Could not prepare process 0xBF00B. Got home too late to contact Live Chat (always very helpful, btw). Wish I could have tried. I love crosswords,and usually just stick to the old pen and paper crosswords.

Dee_H
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Dee_H on Jun 2, 11 10:21 PM
zbox12 wrote:No luck opening either. The rest of my games work fine. I have vindows vista. Have not gotten an error message it just says loading.

Ditto! I also agree with barbiecats 2000, all other games work great, maybe after 'end of school yr' hullabaloo, I'll feel like seeing my laptop as anything other than mindless entertainment and figure this out! Too bad, I really like Flipwords 2 and thought this may be similar fun.

janinewhite
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by janinewhite on Jun 5, 11 10:06 AM
I got the same error message and followed the suggested tips on the Help pages to no avail. Then I went to the Interama Lex venture website and tried their free download. The installer application launched then a message popped up that the game only works on 32-bit systems. My laptop is a 64-bit which might explain why the BFG version won't load properly. I'm still waiting on a reply from their tech people.

[Post New]by scwthillary on Jun 6, 11 7:34 PM
Like everyone else in this thread, I can't get the game to open in Vista. And it's not my intention to reload a graphic driver -- that can cause real hassles.

BFG, if it's at all possible, please look into these technical issues. Maybe it's the 32-bit vs. the 64-bit factor, but for whatever reason, this needs to be fixed!!

I'll send a note to the Contact Us link, as well. Thanks!!

minx69696969
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by minx69696969 on Jun 11, 11 10:46 AM
booooo i'm 64-bit cannot play

Go to: