Marg2
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Game overrated

[Post New]by Marg2 on Jun 2, 11 6:06 AM
While this game has a lot going for it, I fail to understand why it receives such hype and high praise. Again and again the comments state that it’s “different.” Really? The main difference I found is that items shown at the bottom may be found on the current screen or the next three or four screens. Mixing items is not new, just a novel format of putting two items together. Graphics are nice, but not outstanding by any means. Items that are active/interactive in other games are static in this one, i.e., the gears for setting the clock, the dial phone. There are lots of dark areas making some objects difficult to find. Rather than following arrows, you use the back button to go to previous areas.

There are plenty of nonsensical actions, i.e. use the stone in the pickup and put on scale. No logical reason is given for performing certain actions or finding certain objects, i.e., the red cubes, or the colored balls. There are some very good puzzles, unfortunately, they don’t seem to be integrated with the story. Overall, I’m left with the impression that a lot of good ideas have been thrown together resulting in a disjointed rather than a cohesive package.

The hint system is not outstanding by any means. If you’re stuck, it points to where an object is used, which you already know; it gives no help in finding it. When nothing else can be done in an area, why is it still accessible? No hints are available in the “find the difference” puzzle.

You get no explanation of what action is needed when the cursor is accompanied by a gear. There is one instance of having to look for unneeded items which is frustrating.

I encountered one glitch. The clock hands had disappeared when I quit the game and then came back in. The only choice was to start from the beginning.

This game started out with high promise, but ended up a disappointment.

Re:Game overrated

[Post New]by trudiedog on Jun 2, 11 4:45 PM
I just finished the game, and really enjoyed it. I did have to go in under 4 different player names due to problem with clock hands, but finally got it I do't think it was overrated. Wonderful moral.

Go to: