sstevens
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

For anyone stuck on level 19

[Post New]by sstevens on Jun 2, 11 10:21 AM
I was ready to pull my hair out on this one.

The key is to NOT smash the family hotels you buy. Keep them and upgrade them.

You only need to build and sell ONE resort hotel and you need a construction mill.

On the far left of the screen build the resort hotel. Buy the empty lot that goes on sale.

Immediately sell the resort hotel. While waiting for sale smash the motel.

After selling resort hotel buy 1 worker and 250 materials. Build the mill where the motel was. Do NOT buy any of the motels that go on sale.

After it's built use the shield on the family hotel at top of the screen. Buy four workers and as much material as you can afford.

Build two resort hotels: one to the right of the family hotel and one below it. Shield one and concentrate on upgrading the other and start construction of a third resort hotel at the bottom left empty lot.

Upgrade two of the resort hotels using the "points" bonus. Once they are completely upgraded start upgrading the family hotel at the top. In the center empty lot build the roller coaster.

Buy up the hotel/motel lots for 50/75/82K as they come up for sale and smash them and build resort hotels. Upgrade completely using the points bonus.

Now you should start generating enough cash to buy the two remaining family hotels to the left of and below the roller coaster. Buy, shield and upgrade. Buy up the other family hotels as they become available and shield and upgrade using only the instant upgrade from the mill (if you have it).

By this point you should have the needed points (50) and only need to worry about the income requirement (150K). At this point use the income upgrade. There should be one family hotel left and two resort hotels, if you can afford one of the resort hotels when it becomes available BUY IT! It should be enough to get you the income requirement.

I was able to finish with gold with 6 seconds left.

I hope this helps those fishies who are as frustrated as I was.

Player999
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Re:For anyone stuck on level 19

[Post New]by Player999 on Jun 4, 11 11:17 AM
Thanks ssteve for the detailed strategy. Couple of things, unfortunately I did not purchase the building protection. I got instant delivery, so cannot "shield" my buildings. The game should give you the option of changing your purchase to suit your current level strategy. Also what are point bonuses? You mention a couple of times using "point bonus" to upgrade. I can't seem to find that function at all. Is it an option you buy in the shop? In any case even following your suggestions, I have not been able to get under 10 minutes in the last half dozen tries, and expert is 7mins. Any other thoughts would be appreciated. By the way, I have gotten expert on 15 of the 18 levels I have completed, so I don't think I'm a complete wreck....LOL

sstevens
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by sstevens on Jun 4, 11 2:02 PM
"The game should give you the option of changing your purchase to suit your current level strategy."

I totally agree with that one.

I *HAD TO* purchase the building protection option over instant delivery because the ratchet sound of a damaged building drives me crazy. That and I hate the frequency in which buildings get damaged in this game and thought the time wasted repairing the buildings would adversely affect my time more than delivery times.

As for the point upgrades, yes, they are something you buy in the shop. Under the general tab the first three choices are: income boost, more guests, and ratings boost. Each one costs $800.

If you've purchased them when you click on any of the hotels there are four buttons you can click on. The first one has the guy with the blue arrow, that's for "unique upgrades." Click on it and you are shown four more options to click.

First one looks like a coin purse, that's for increasing the revenue of the hotel.

Second one is a man and a woman with a blue arrow, that's for increasing the number of guests you can have at the hotel.

The third one is a yellow arrow and it will increase the ratings points of the hotel. You need 50 to complete the level. If you have $800 available I advise you to purchase it. Your next purchase should be the "more guests" boost because at level 22 you will need 300 guests! The roller coaster will increase your ratings by two on each building. I'm not sure if that is enough or not. I will play it again and not use the ratings boost and building protection and see what happens.

sstevens
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by sstevens on Jun 4, 11 9:12 PM
Player999 wrote: In any case even following your suggestions, I have not been able to get under 10 minutes in the last half dozen tries, and expert is 7mins. Any other thoughts would be appreciated. By the way, I have gotten expert on 15 of the 18 levels I have completed, so I don't think I'm a complete wreck....LOL

I've played several times now without using any upgrades from the construction mill or on the hotels. Best time was 7:11. I owned every lot except two that had resort hotels on them. I had resort hotels all around the roller coaster and a mill.

The last tow lots I purchased had family hotels on them and I had to uprgrade one of them once. I also had 16 workers.

And the only other difference between my original strategy was I sold the family hotel at the top of the screen while I was building the first resort hotel (that I sold).

cry5tal
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by cry5tal on Aug 10, 11 9:18 AM
oh my gosh, your post has been unbelievably helpful !
i sold the resort and family hotel at the beginning, concentrating on buying hotels/motels/etc rather than upgrading and whatnot right away. bought back my other resort as well as the resort in the bottom right corner.

AND VOILA ! expert at 6:46 ! I can't tell you how many times I had to try this level ... thank you so much !!

Edited on 08/10/2011 at 9:18:31 AM PST

[Post New]by XandraSkye on Nov 11, 12 9:10 AM
I finally got it too.

How I did it was I made sure I built two Roller Coasters. One on each side, in the middle row.

The roller coaster effects the hotels in a cross pattern so on the lots around it I made sure I had resort hotels upgraded to the max.

On the lots with +20% income, I upgraded the ratings points and in the ones that didn't, I upgraded the income boost.

I put the Construction Mill on the lot not effected by the roller coaster.

I also had to get at least 16 workers.

And I don't have the protection shield either.

Go to: