more games like return to ravenhearst

[Post New]by memapa95 on Dec 26, 08 1:09 PM
can anyone tell me more games like return to ravenhearst, magic encyclopedia, mortimer beckett, etc. I love the games where you have to piece together things
The regular hidden object games aren't as exciting as these. Thanks

Re:more games like return to ravenhearst

[Post New]by iowahillgal on Jan 8, 09 11:41 AM
I'm with you--basic search and find isn't as satisfying as combination games. In addition to Magic Encyclopedia, which you mentioned, and Return to Ravenhearst, of course, I have enjoyed The Mystery of the Crystal Portal, Alabama Smith in Escape from Pompeii, Azada - Ancient Magic (the first Azada is also fun, but not as complex), and Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena. I am going to try Mortimer Becket, and would like to hear about any others that you come across.

Enjoy!

[Post New]by step420hie on Jul 14, 09 9:46 PM
In my opinion, Return to Ravenhearst is the most impeccable game I have stumbled upon--ever! One aspect that I have yet to see equaled in any other game of similar genre, is the graphics construed throughout the plot of Return to Ravenhearst. Please, let me know of any games you may know of that equal the graphic/storyline of Return to Ravenhearst.

Answering the inquiry about games similar to Return to Ravenhearst: I have not played many hidden object games; however, Madame Fate kept my attention (which is another Mystery Case Files game like Return to Ravenhearst).

-Happy Gaming

Rikwar
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by Rikwar on Jul 21, 09 5:47 AM
Still in the Mystery Case Files - Prime Suspects is very good and challenging

irishgreen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by irishgreen on Jul 21, 09 6:35 AM
Welcome to the pond

Don't know if you have played any of these;

Treasures of Mystery Island was a good one.
Treasure Seekers 1 and enchanted canvavs are good also.

Also Enlightenus (putting objects back instead of finding them) different twist on Hidden O's

I also enjoyed, Flux Family Secrets and Serpert of Isis

The games are fun when you find pieces and have to use them--much better that straight hidden O.s
happy gaming

Edited on 07/21/2009 at 6:36:56 AM PST

annetterider
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by annetterider on Jul 23, 09 5:02 AM
Hi ya,

I to haven't been on for long. I started playing the hidden objects games and really got into them, I only played the trials. I didn't have a credit card then to buy them. Then I stumbled upon Dream Chronicals, I was so taken by it I went and got a card just so I could buy it. lol.

Anyway he are the games I have tried and then bought as I thought they are good, although some of the endings aren't that great, but It is fun getting there.
Dream Chronicals, all 3.
Dream Sleuth.
Enlightenus.
Escape Rosecliff Island.
Escape the Museum.
Kuros.
Magic Encyclopedia. 1 and 2.
Mushroom Age.
Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst.
Mystic Diary: Lost Brother.
Pahelika: Secret Legends.
The Spirit of Wandering: The Legend.
Youda Legend: The Curse of the Amsterdam Diamond.

If you know of any that I haven't got but might like, could you let me know please. Thanks

Cheers
Annette

Areal
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Areal on Aug 15, 09 9:39 AM
Ghost Chronicles: Phantom of the Reinasance Fair, and it's quite new.

lauramarie8
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by lauramarie8 on Aug 19, 09 1:34 PM
step420hie wrote:In my opinion, Return to Ravenhearst is the most impeccable game I have stumbled upon--ever! One aspect that I have yet to see equaled in any other game of similar genre, is the graphics construed throughout the plot of Return to Ravenhearst. Please, let me know of any games you may know of that equal the graphic/storyline of Return to Ravenhearst.

Answering the inquiry about games similar to Return to Ravenhearst: I have not played many hidden object games; however, Madame Fate kept my attention (which is another Mystery Case Files game like Return to Ravenhearst).

-Happy Gaming
...........I so agree with you, Return to Ravenhearst is the best, even though I had a nightmare from it.........Madame Fate is excellent, my second fave, and I've played many.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Aug 23, 09 5:12 PM
Both Samantha Swift games were sheer fun, easy on small monitor and old eyes too, and I rather enjoyed Adventures of Robinson Crusoe altho others complain it is too easy and short. But I got thru those without walkthrus or spending half my "fun time" frustrated and searching for tips when stuck like others. RTR and Madame Fate had such complex puzzles, some no rhyme or reason I started losing the satisfaction of solving a game to the end myself.

I loved putting things back, think it is Enlightenus (?) and the Tarot Card was playable. Now I'm struggling halfway thru Princess Isabella for 3 days. For us older folks with poor short term memory, it's getting harder to get thru these inventory puzzle games without getting totally lost like RTR, when you can't even remember how you got to where you are and have to go back for something. It's not the game per se, but how many grey cells we have left, and how much stress our bods will tolerate. I still go back to Huntsville and Prime Suspects to relax, and nothing like a good old Match3. Glad they are taking timers off these newer HOGs too.

O yes, Mystic Diary Lost Brother I replayed 3 or 4 times just for the sheer beauty of the scenes like little still life paintings. And the objects to find weren't the same old same olds like all the other's repetitive clip art. Flux Family fun too and Autumn's Treasures ok. Just demoed Mystery Age Imperial Staff, good looks so far not too mind twisting, will probably buy it, fine on small screen. I scrap games with parts too small to even see without hints or random clicks, waste of time. so hated the Magic Encl ones, eyestrain.

Edited on 08/23/2009 at 5:23:31 PM PST

[Post New]by chrisitne on Aug 24, 09 8:05 PM
Thanks, can't wait to try these excisting game.

boomer331
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by boomer331 on Sep 3, 09 2:03 PM
annetterider wrote:Hi ya,

I to haven't been on for long. I started playing the hidden objects games and really got into them, I only played the trials. I didn't have a credit card then to buy them. Then I stumbled upon Dream Chronicals, I was so taken by it I went and got a card just so I could buy it. lol.

Anyway he are the games I have tried and then bought as I thought they are good, although some of the endings aren't that great, but It is fun getting there.
Dream Chronicals, all 3.
Dream Sleuth.
Enlightenus.
Escape Rosecliff Island.
Escape the Museum.
Kuros.
Magic Encyclopedia. 1 and 2.
Mushroom Age.
Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst.
Mystic Diary: Lost Brother.
Pahelika: Secret Legends.
The Spirit of Wandering: The Legend.
Youda Legend: The Curse of the Amsterdam Diamond.

If you know of any that I haven't got but might like, could you let me know please. Thanks

Cheers
Annette

boomer331
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by boomer331 on Sep 3, 09 2:05 PM
Azada 1 and 2 are really good games, challenging puzzles but I got through them without too much trouble and didn't need any help solving them. I'd say they're just as good as return to ravenhearst, hope this helps.

[Post New]by Dangerousdan1984 on Dec 24, 09 10:05 AM
Right i have looked into alot of the games suggested on this thread (played demos). And 3 quarters of these are basic hidden object games with little or no story lines!! Maddam Fate? Azada? Escape rosecliff island?? These have nothing in common with Return to Ravenhearst!!!

Here is a game just like Return to Ravenhearst its called DIRE GROVE. Its ACE!! Loved it. Great storyline too.

Must Play!!

Oh and one more thing make sure you do your reaserch before you buy a lot of the games suggested because in my opinion over half of these are less than poor. Dont waste your money PLAY DEMOS.

Edited on 12/24/2009 at 10:17:02 AM PST

[Post New]by kalypsa on Aug 2, 10 7:56 PM
I agree... Mystery Case Files: Dire grove was just like return to ravenhearst. It rocked. I have yet to find any others that are of that caliber. The hidden object stuff is boring. Challenge my brain, not my eyes! The old school Myst and Riven games were awesome... I just wish i could download a copy of them that would play on windows 7... i'd love to play those again.

[Post New]by trublues03 on Nov 17, 10 6:57 PM
I don't think many ppl know about this game but, Seawise Chronicles is pretty decent, second best to Dream Chronicles... In my opinion...

Edited on 11/17/2010 at 6:58:37 PM PST

[Post New]by silverrainbow on Feb 7, 11 1:57 AM
I have some good suggestions: Twisted lands - shadow Town, Love and Death - bitten, Redemption Cemetary. Twisted Lands is easily as good as RtR.

[Post New]by gamebaby47 on Feb 21, 11 2:02 PM
One of my favorites besides RTR is PuppetShow:Mystery of Joyville.

[Post New]by Eden316 on Oct 9, 11 12:14 PM
mystery of the Mortlake mansion it is by the same makers of raven heart if you type in mystery case file on the search bar lots of games like ravenheart will pop up

[Post New]by zwierzowa on Sep 29, 12 6:33 AM
i really enjoyed playing Nightfall Mysteries Asylum Conspiracy and Nightfall Mysteries Curse of the Opera.Puppet Show Lost Town is also very good.

[Post New]by mikegflash on Nov 21, 13 5:27 PM
Dire Grove was really good.

Go to: