ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

binary mode

[Post New]by ember89 on Jun 3, 11 1:23 AM
binary - how it works...

you have two items that can you can choose from, what i called "leaf" and "branch" just to distinguish them in my own mind...

in each row, in each column - you need four of each symbol and you can't have more than two in a row... ALSO the rows and columns can't repeat...

my strategy was this: find where there are two pieces already together, and place the odd one next to it - ie: if there's a leaf and a leaf, the next one is the branch...

next find where there are two like pieces that are only one space apart... since adding the same piece would make three in a row, the middle piece is the odd one out... ie: if you have leaf - space - leaf... the branch goes in the middle...

last, check for counts: how many of each kind are in the row/column? the numbers have to be equal so each row/column has to have four leaves and four branches...

what took me a minute to figure out is that you click on the same space again to change it... one click gives you the leaf, a second click gives you the branch, and a third click makes it empty again...

for some reason there are coins that pop up while you're working the puzzle... i clicked on them because i collect everything but i never quite figured out why they were there...

good luck

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

Re:binary mode

[Post New]by ajuma on Jun 3, 11 2:07 AM
I THINK the coins are kind of like hints and tell you what piece goes in a certain place. After clicking on a coin, either a branch or a leaf showed up, so that's why I thought that! May be totally off base though!

Sarwyn
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Sarwyn on Jun 3, 11 6:17 AM
ajuma wrote:I THINK the coins are kind of like hints and tell you what piece goes in a certain place. After clicking on a coin, either a branch or a leaf showed up, so that's why I thought that! May be totally off base though!

The reason why a leaf or a branch showed up are you clicked a coin is because you probably clicked twice. It's not a hint. The coins give you more points. The light bulbs that show up in the second area are hints.

stevieferr
Clownfish
Clownfish
770 Posts

[Post New]by stevieferr on Jun 3, 11 7:28 AM
I found best way to do binary puzzle is first to put leaves and branches where you cant move the others then remember you can only have 4 of each in a line and only 2 together and it gets a lot easier that way

Go to: