elhar02
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

Greenhouse Cabinet - Problem

[Post New]by elhar02 on Jun 3, 11 11:55 AM
I went into the Greenhouse & opened the cabinet with my knife but, stupid me, collected all the necessary items except for the matches. Then I solved the manhole puzzle & entered but then realized I needed the matches to light the torches. Went to the SG & it showed me they were in the cabinet where I had obviously not picked them up. Now I can't get back to to the cabinet to get them. Well, I can get there but it won't let me enter again. Tried rebooting, reinstalling but still can't do anything -- am dead in the water. Do you think I have to start the game over again when I'm halfway thru???? Is that the only solution??
Would really appreciate any "words of wisdom". If that's the case re having to start over because you miss an item where you should be able to backtrack & pick up it's very discouraging and at this point I really don't feel like starting the game over again. Any advice would be appreciated. I did check to see if anyone else had this problem but didn't see any posts on that particular point. Thanks for any advice or help. Obviously it was my own stupidity in not picking up the matches but surely you should be able to rectify your mistakes by just going back to that location.
Thanks again in advance for any help or opinions.

Re:Greenhouse Cabinet - Problem

[Post New]by imsunny on Jun 3, 11 4:06 PM
I've got the same problem. Won't let me back into cabinet. Don't think it was stupidity as it kicked me out of cabinet before I had a chance to get matches. I too would appreciate any help at this point as neither hints or SG gies any.

elhar02
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by elhar02 on Jun 4, 11 4:56 AM
imsunny wrote:I've got the same problem. Won't let me back into cabinet. Don't think it was stupidity as it kicked me out of cabinet before I had a chance to get matches. I too would appreciate any help at this point as neither hints or SG gies any.

You are probably right in that. Once a scene closes you just assume you are finished picking up the items. Did you start the game over?? Well, I finally decided to start over again under a new profile & was able to get those matches & proceed further in the game. Now I will make sure that I collect everything I need as I progress -- TG for SG's so I can check -- one good thing for purchasing CE's. I'm now afraid to make a move in case I miss something else important and I sure don't want to start over for the 3rd time. So just to let you know that you do have an alternative by starting over. A pain but at least you can continue on with the game!! Am that everything works out from this point onwards!!!!

Edited on 06/04/2011 at 8:39:07 AM PST

Pjp67
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Pjp67 on Jun 3, 14 5:26 PM
I can't believe there isn't a fix for this two years later.

Go to: