bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Post any Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jun 3, 11 4:36 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

davens58
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by davens58 on Jun 4, 11 10:22 AM
I'm having a problem with the return of the fog in the town square. I had gotten rid of it the first time with the fan. But now the fog has returned & won't let me go through the alley way on the right side of the hotel. I'm supposed to be going to the window upstairs via the ladder but I can't even get in the alley. Did I miss something. I deleted the game & reinstalled it but it didn't help. There is nothing in the guide about the fog coming back. HELP Please. I'm sure it's a technical problem because in the fountain where the coin is under the leaves is back also.

Edited on 06/04/2011 at 10:43:17 AM PST

Re:Post any Dark Dimensions: City of Fog Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Trinixx on Jun 4, 11 5:34 PM
I am also having problems with the game regressing. I'm playing the bonus level. Right before the tunnel - I got the blow torch, warmed up the coach, cut the straps, got the ghost his glasses then went through the tunnel - I then picked up the grass from the mound by the windmill - then went back and there was another **** - same one as before and I got a second blow torch - but nothing to cut the straps for the glasses so it's stuck. I can't progress. I've installed the new version and its still not working. What should I be doing?

[Post New]by glamourize on Jun 4, 11 8:04 PM
Can't get the nut from the nutcracker. I have tried 4 times now, including with the new version of the game.

himura
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by himura on Jun 5, 11 1:32 AM
Angels VS Demons game:
In this case, how do I do?

One angel is eaten so 19 angels are there, And I can't move any more.
It reaches a deadlock...but I can't find reset button.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/23/angelsvsdemons.jpg/

When I exit Dark Dimensions and reboot it, something is changed.
One angel seems reborn and another one is translucent but I can't do anything, all angels are no-reaction.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/546/angelsvsdemons2.jpg/

NikkiNox
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by NikkiNox on Jun 5, 11 3:36 PM
I'm in the bonus game and have apparently lost the sounds involved in solving the case. Every time I click on something I get a windows box informing me that the sound can't be found. It got so annoying that I quit the game without finishing. Anyone else having this kind of "fun"?

[Post New]by TitiBubbles on Jun 5, 11 9:24 PM
I,m also stuck on Angel's & Demon's. I've reached a deadlock and there is no reset button. What can I do?

lizhot
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by lizhot on Jun 6, 11 12:14 PM
I have a problem with the counterweight. It requires a game update.

Thanks.

tinaccarroll
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by tinaccarroll on Jun 7, 11 8:32 AM
i replayed the whole game and made it to the bonus game and finally had to give up on hos because of error display kept popping up every 2 seconds and couldnt finish. the reason i was ab le to finish game to that point is because i didnt shut game down or quit otherwise i would have the scorpians coming back or ended needing ladder again. big fish really needs to fix the game it is an awesome game too.

[Post New]by fqtsmom on Jun 11, 11 1:42 PM
after i download the game and try to play i get an error:access violation msg. this even happens when i try and play the trial

[Post New]by wellychocolate on Jun 12, 11 6:00 AM
Played demo, bought game, with two credits, got as far as the photo graph puzzle in the town square, the alley way just after using the fan to blow away the fog. Did photo puzzle and while doing it an inch wide gray square appered where the curser should be. As soon as i finnished the puzzle, the game crashed. It took two attempts and restating the computer to get it going and it now says my game is gone and I must start again from the beggining as it is corupted. If this happons again i shall want my money back, as I have never had a game crash this badly before, and I have bought a lot of games from you over the years including many collectors editions, i expect tec stuff with new games but not a collectors editions, this is not on.

[Post New]by wellychocolate on Jun 12, 11 6:00 AM
Played demo, bought game, with two credits, got as far as the photo graph puzzle in the town square, the alley way just after using the fan to blow away the fog. Did photo puzzle and while doing it an inch wide gray square appered where the curser should be. As soon as i finnished the puzzle, the game crashed. It took two attempts and restating the computer to get it going and it now says my game is gone and I must start again from the beggining as it is corupted. If this happons again i shall want my money back, as I have never had a game crash this badly before, and I have bought a lot of games from you over the years including many collectors editions, i expect tec stuff with new games but not a collectors editions, this is not on.

Gisellesc60
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Gisellesc60 on Jun 13, 11 11:03 AM
I purchased this game unfortunately I am unable to play it. This is the first time a game cannot play on my computer. I have sent an email to customer support and as of yet no one has replay. Please help

help ....please :(

[Post New]by janie1963 on Jun 14, 11 6:26 AM
keep getting an error message 'item not found' .....game also keeps regressing Have re-installed twice now and don't want to start from the beginning again...never had this much trouble with a game before

[Post New]by grandmacarolyn on Jun 16, 11 9:11 AM
Having same game issues as everyone else! There is no to save game and when you come back in to play lots of things have regressed! I had already accessed the graveyard and the farm house and now the gate to cementery is closed and tree is back over the path to farmhouse so I can't go any further because I don't have a ladder or a n axe. Also several of the games I had already played have gone back to their original status! Frustrating!

[Post New]by kfugrrl on Jun 17, 11 9:05 PM
I am now stuck in square behind the fog. Can't get back to the graveyard from the town square to get to the hollow tree and the knife i need to cut the vines from the window. the fog did not clear up after i got the tiara from the bar.Stuck and cannot move on. Any suggestions?

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Jun 18, 11 6:46 AM
I am wondering if anyone else is having this problem:
Once I click on an item such as in a HOG scene, it is very draggy getting into the inventory or in crossing off the list. The scenes load very badly also...I can almost "see" the changes as they occur they are so slow. I changed the cursor which helped as to moving it around, but not the other issues. This happened with another game in the recent past, but for the most part all games load and play well - even the very long ones. Tech support couldn't identify any problems with that game/my computer. I really want this one! I came to this forum looking for an answer because I cannot find a tech support thread on the TGT for the SE (I downloaded it to see if the problem I described has been "fixed"). I had the same problem when I downloaded the CE free trial, and now the SE free trial. Hope someone can help!

chrib
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by chrib on Jun 19, 11 2:34 AM
I have the hook and lever to get saw and lift manhole every time I try to use them and i've lost count of how many I get this only happens in movies. I then tried changing my profile twice and got to using needles on ball of yarn to make sock and same thing has happened. Love the game but very frustrated that I can't continue. Please help

Gipsy2512
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Gipsy2512 on Jun 19, 11 3:03 AM
Yesterday I bought Dark Dimensions, so I guess I have the newest edition of the game. However I have several "little" problems (error popups which I ignored successfully), but the biggest problem now is that I suddenly can't re-enter the butcher's house anymore. One of the goats is missing again. Also I have suddenly one of the gems back in my inventory allthough I already opened Lilian's grave.
I really need to re-enter the butcher's house because I saw in the strategy guide that I can find the kerosine for the mine train around the house. So help!?! What am I suppose to do so I can finish the game? Should I re-install it? And do I have to start all over or can I continue with the game?

[Post New]by ladygrizz1 on Jun 20, 11 10:25 AM
I did send an email to support along with a Dr Felix report, so just waiting to hear back, but in the meantime, if support reads this first.....

I keep getting error popup stating Image not found, then some coding and this happens nearly every time I am changing screens moving to another area in the game. I am now at the very first screen where you enter the gate into the village, as I was looking to see which gem I missed in the game, and now the fog has come back and I can no longer get into the village

I think I will need to get a credit back for this game, and get another. I have never had such a buggy Big Fish game, ever.

Go to: