shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Chit Chat, Rants and Other Chaos!

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jun 4, 11 12:11 AM
It's the weekend again! Where does the time go?? This is such a great game, if you have not played the CE version I highly recommend you give this SE a test drive!
Enjoy your weekend, stay safe and happy gaming!

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

Re:Chit Chat, Rants and Other Chaos!

[Post New]by nwr1948x on Jun 4, 11 12:14 AM
Hi shadowfax ! good to see you.Could you say how long this game is please ?

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Jun 4, 11 12:20 AM
Okay, so the rant thread is open, and I'll repost this here in case the moderators move it:

I don't know where to post this, so, moderators, please feel free to move this comment if you think it belongs elsewhere. The last two weekends (and last weekend in the US was a holiday weekend) the games available for play had already been offered as CEs earlier. The last two nights have been the same. The result is that I have nothing to download and play, at least for an hour.

I do understand that BFG is limited by what is available, but can't you space out the CEs and the SEs? If you buy CEs (which frankly I don't intend to do anymore because of this problem), then you have nothing to download and play for two or three nights. At least people who wait for the SEs can demo the CE games and figure out if they want to purchase them!

This just seems like bad planning to me, as well as a disincentive to your customers to purchase CEs--which in any case are becoming shorter and shorter, so we don't have much incentive now to purchase them in any case.

I don't mean to rant, but I am disappointed. It's the end of the week, I don't have to get up early, but now have nothing to play.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 4, 11 12:40 AM
Hi there Lucy,
No need to move your post as this is for rants - and I too have nothing to play as I have also purchased the CE version of both of the games offered lately.
Real bummer huh!!
And yes, maybe someone needs to have a "look" at the timing of games to be released so as to spread "like" genres and/or editions in a better manner.

Suffice to say, that this is a terrific game, and I hope those of you who have been waiting for it enjoy it immensely. If you like a challenge, I suggest you play on the more difficult mode, and have plenty of "fuel in your tank".
I wonder if the Frog Collection will be in this version? If so - check everything!!

As far as its length, I will say this again - how long is a piece of string?
I'm sure there will be someone who will break another world record, but if you are like me and like to follow the story line completely, become engrossed in the scenes and like to take your time (and not use the hint button too much), it should afford you many hours of game play.
Hm, how many is many? LOL

And don't forget to read your diary/journal for clues.

Enjoy

Edited on 06/04/2011 at 12:42:25 AM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jun 4, 11 12:46 AM
Morning shadowfax, nwr1948x and Lucy1997 and anyone else who posts while I am typing
I agree with you Lucy1997, although I cannot DL much at the moment I it would be nice to have a decent game on a Saturday for the weekend.LOL!

@Kelv from yesterdays forum, it was BT who "slammed" my telephone number, I am with Talk Talk, great company normally except when I am waiting to get my broadband back! If I dialled the wrong CS number for TT I too, had to speak to India, not always helpful, I am afraid. Hopefully I will be up and running on Monday, unless they put it back again
Enjoy this SE those of you who have not played the CE, it is a good game.

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Jun 4, 11 12:53 AM
Dear Peglegann, DragonLadyOz, and Goofyduck,

thanks for making me feel less like a "ranter" and more like a regular fishie. I hope that BFG takes our ideas into consideration. I'm working so hard at the moment that playing at least a demo takes me into another world for at least an hour...and now I'm at loose ends on a Friday night!

And thanks as well for posting what a great game this is (which I forgot to mention in my rant!). I thoroughly enjoyed it too, so I hope that other players do too!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 4, 11 12:54 AM
Hi there peglegann,
How many more sleeps until you are fully Internet enabled??? Or are you counting the hours??
Cheers

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 4, 11 12:56 AM
Hey Lucy,
Back to World Riddles for me again!! LOL
Cheers
PS Still no news about WR3, but .

Edited on 06/04/2011 at 1:02:27 AM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jun 4, 11 1:09 AM
DragonLadyOz, thank you for asking. If I sleep normally it is supposed to be 2 more, if I decide to power nap, as a friend of mine does, who knows! LOL!
I am so glad that I have been extra careful using DS's mobile internet, with this delay.

UPDATE! The modem has arrived!!! Just as I was typing Now if only they would switch the button to connect me before Monday
Well at least I am a step closer........

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Jun 4, 11 1:13 AM
Dear DragonLadyOz, yes, I was just playing World Riddles, but think I should perhaps go to bed....

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 4, 11 1:21 AM
@peglegann,
One step closer, one giant leap for peglegannkind!! LOL Hope they work 24/7 where you live!!

@Lucy, have a nice sleep - the other posts in this forum are very quiet and shouldn't wake you. LOL
Perhaps everyone is too busy playing and enjoying themselves - even no complaints about technical difficulties!! (So far)

Cheers

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Jun 4, 11 1:31 AM
How about if BF puts SE editions out as soft copies and also a TGT on the same day, would that work better I wonder

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jun 4, 11 1:38 AM
nwr1948x wrote: Hi shadowfax ! good to see you.Could you say how long this game is please ?

Hello everyone... I have been off blissfully playing a game. I am still playing the bonus play in Love Chronicles 2... Talk about milking a game for all it is worth! LOL This nice weather that finally showed up has totally messed up my gaming time. I can no longer sit and play my games guilt free with the sun shining... blast!

@nwr1948x: I am sorry I wasn't here to answer you. I rarely play a game in one sitting so I have a hard time judging how long it actually takes me to play a game. I do know this, I played this game in hard/advanced mode and it lasted me for many hours - I would say well over 4 hours!! It is nice and long, IMO, they didn't cut corners on the game length!! It is a really good game, just my cup of tea!! (coffee actually)

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jun 4, 11 1:40 AM
bootsie21 wrote:How about if BF puts SE editions out as soft copies and also a TGT on the same day, would that work better I wonder

You have my vote on this bootsie! I have been wishing this is how they would do it for quite some time.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 4, 11 1:41 AM
Hi there bootsie,
Unfortunately TGT is the early release of a game (Tomorrow's Game Tonight) whereas the TNR (misnamed in my earlier post) Today's New Release is where the "official" release of a game is found for all - sometimes two games. The second one if the "soft" release because it was not mentioned the night before!! Bit of a timewarp thing here. LOL
Its sometimes a pity that we fishies check out the TGT offering and miss the second release for the "real" day as the second offering might be better than the first.
And can you imagine the hue and cry if the SE version of a game was not available in the earlier timeslot? Those waiting for the SE have to put up with weeks of delay as it is.
Cheers

Edited on 06/04/2011 at 1:43:06 AM PST

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jun 4, 11 1:42 AM
peglegann wrote:UPDATE! The modem has arrived!!! Just as I was typing Now if only they would switch the button to connect me before Monday
Well at least I am a step closer........

WOOHOO!! I am doing a snoopy dance with glee. (This is why I refuse to ever have a web cam in my house...)

Let the countdown begin peglegann...

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Jun 4, 11 1:44 AM
Hi everyone! I posted this in the CE vs. SE thread, but I thought you might want to see it here, too. This is just my opinion on the situation, of course!! It is in reply to posts about getting too many SE versions lately, so we don't have anything new to dowload.

I think this might be a case of "You can't please everyone."

I, too, buy most games as CEs, but there have been a lot of complaints from those who can't afford the CEs and must wait for the SEs that they don't come out soon enough after the CE is released. I think we might be seeing a lot more "double" weeks in the next month or so, while BGF catches up in the releases.

I think they are trying to get back to releasing the SE versions 2-3 weeks after the CE version comes out. For a while we had complaints that there were two or three CEs released before the next SE version was released, and it started to take an average of 6 weeks between CE and SE versions, so this looks like a correction of the problem - once we get a few weeks of releasing 2 SE versions right after the weekly CE, we should get an average of one CE and one SE per week, hopefully with a 2-3 week spacing between the versions.

Eventually, I hope we can see real predictability for when games will release - at least with the CE/SE versions. THAT should please everyone, because if you can't afford the CEs or just prefer not to buy them, it would really help to know that you can expect the SE version within just a few weeks, rather than guessing - will it be this month? Next month? Do I save my credit or will it expire before the game I'm waiting for comes out?

So I've also had very few new games to purchase the last few weeks, but I know a lot of fishies have been very happy to get their high-quality games in SE version faster than we have been lately.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jun 4, 11 1:44 AM
goofyduck77 wrote:eta: (I got gummy fingers )

??? ... never mind, I am not even going to ask!

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 4, 11 1:52 AM
Oh dear! Another one I got as a CE! I never got to finish this one cos my old lappy crashed, I did re-downloaded it, but when I started to play I'd somehow 'lost' interest in it, a bit like 13th Skull, which I have not finished either.

Might be a good time to look for another M3! I only have a couple and keep going back to Call of Atlantis. Any M3 suggestions fellow ranters? (without timers preferably)

Kel

yve501
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by yve501 on Jun 4, 11 2:21 AM
Hi kel

You might want to try

Rise of Atlantis
Cradle of Rome 1/2
Jewel Match 3
Paradise Quest

I can't remember about timers but if they had them they were not a problem.

I adore the Jewel Quest series but they def. have timers and are quite hard.

I am also in the position of having nothing to play at the moment having bought the CE's.
I have now decided not to buy any more I've now got 7 pc credits or coupons waiting to be spent and nothing to buy

Edited on 06/04/2011 at 2:24:37 AM PST

Go to: