bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Post any Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jun 4, 11 9:11 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

unhappyplayer
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by unhappyplayer on Jun 4, 11 4:04 PM
I'm having a problem with the air ship, installed the card but the squares do not change.I'm not trying to start this game over either or reinsatll it to start over. Can you HELP ME PLEASE?

unhappyplayer
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by unhappyplayer on Jun 4, 11 5:04 PM
Nevermind ! I reinstalled the game and it put me back where I left off. What an AWESOME game. Thank You

[Post New]by patinmass77 on Jun 5, 11 8:30 AM
I am near the beginning of the game and did the HOG in the shop window. I found all of the items but I can't get out of the scene. Clicking the hint frog causes him to jump off the pad, so the screen isn't really frozen, but he just climbs back on. I updated drivers, etc.

[Post New]by telan1 on Jun 5, 11 9:19 AM
Hi,
I've finished the main game and am in the middle of playing the bonus chapter. I am stuck a the gate where you have to line up the gold/bronze colored links to make two "+" patterns. The upper left chain bits are not lining up and I cannot continue with the game. Please help!

[Post New]by busyday74 on Jun 6, 11 5:15 AM
Have just placed the sun token in the lock and finished the hidden object game. Now cannot get out of it. Have updated all drivers etc and still cannot get out of the hidden object part. Frog will jump off stand, can get into video and all other parts but cannot get out of here. please help as cannot get any further.

lunachan
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by lunachan on Jun 8, 11 11:42 PM
I finished the game(again) but had problems with disappearing objects I tried to use,screen freezing, very slow moving mouse....I could go on. I actually think this was a well designed game, but after playing two times (even with the re-install,etc)...won't be playing this again. Maybe it is all the elephant games 'cuz I have similar problems with all?? For those who got probs fixed , glad you could enjoy the game.

Hazel53Xby
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Hazel53Xby on Jun 12, 11 1:55 PM
Hi I am having the same trouble as Patiamass77 and Busyday74.
It is soo frustrating to be stuck as it looks like a good game
Hope there is someone out there who can fix this
Hazel

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Jun 25, 11 11:32 AM
Bonus chapter…
In the chain puzzle at the gate to Oak Alley -- I am experiencing the same issues as the PC players did. I actually thought I had solved the puzzle, but when nothing happened I looked at it closely-- the chains were not quite creating an exact overlap to form the open center circle. (How can so very close be wrong, I asked myself.)

I had played the core game in hard mode -- no skip button, so I was doomed. I checked the guide (something I hate to do), followed the prescribed moves, but apparently even quitting out of the game completely and returning does not reset this puzzle, so solution does not work either.

More quits, more re-tries -- the situation is worse -- the gold links do not travel to the correct position -- a link stops where the center overlap opening should be.

Will a fix be issued for the Mac version -- I am feeling a bit cheated. The core game was great -- it took me many hours and I enjoyed it. But I was so looking forward to equally captivating bonus play, and instead I am forced to quit without completing it.

[Post New]by chondram on Jun 25, 11 12:17 PM
Having the same problem as busyday74: Have just placed the sun token in the lock and finished the hidden object game. Now cannot get out of it. Have updated all drivers etc and still cannot get out of the hidden object part. Frog will jump off stand, can get into video and all other parts but cannot get out of here. please help as cannot get any further.

Please help!

lnorris101
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by lnorris101 on Jun 25, 11 7:13 PM
My problem is in the Brown's bathroom: In the hidden object scene I'm not able to click on any of the objects. So frustrating! My mouse clicks only work on the Menu and Hint buttons. Please help! I already tried reinstalling it.

[Post New]by Buddha9596 on Jun 26, 11 9:48 PM
My problem is with the scene in the Watchmaker's shop where I'm supposed to find the dynamite.

I can locate all the other items OK, but with the dynamite as the only item left on the list, it's just flat out not there.

When I click on the little hint guy, he just jumps off his pad and disappears. If I step out and wait for the hint to enable again, it tells me to go back to the watchmaker's desk and take the found item, which I assume to be the dynamite.

Going back in and looking again does no good however, since the dynamite is still not there.

Buddha

[Post New]by asifwani74 on Jun 27, 11 2:34 AM
i have a problem in the garage where the bus is located there i was supposed to find a shield in the scene bit it is not there and when i click the frog it just jumps off and comes back after sometime it is just useless.

scubiepro
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

mini puzzle

[Post New]by scubiepro on Jun 30, 11 4:30 AM
I am in the sheriffs room trying to do the mosaic over the fireplace. The pieces will not rotate. oooops never mind found it....

Edited on 06/30/2011 at 4:38:45 AM PST

[Post New]by ecohen70101 on Jul 3, 11 3:41 PM
I can't even get the game to START! I have installed and uninstalled the game several times, updated my computer apps, and it continues to happen. I press play, it flips the screen, and goes right back to the game manager, saying I still have 60 minutes remaining, play again? And I can't. It just repeats this over and over. What can I do?

[Post New]by blondie4116 on Jul 5, 11 2:13 PM
I'm having a problem with the photograph puzzle in the artists studio. I click on it and nothing happens. I've tried clicking, clicking and holding, going out of the scene, restarting the game, nothing works. So either I just skip the puzzle (which I don't really want to do, as I haven't skipped any so far, and I don't even know if it will let me) or reinstalling the game. any suggestions?

[Post New]by StudentOfTrinity on Jul 5, 11 3:00 PM
I have the same problem as shorenuf and telan. In the CE bonus content, the sliding chains puzzle at the Oak Lane gate.

It's actually a pretty easy puzzle, but it was late and I just aimless poked away at it for a long time. By the time I got bored with that and started thinking about it, something had gone wrong, and the simple solution wouldn't work.

The problem seems to be that, on every slide, the chains slip by just a tiny bit more than a whole number of links. Or maybe it's a tiny bit less. Either way, after enough messing around, they've slipped by half a link or so, and can't line up to form the right cross patterns any more.

That would be no big deal if there were a reset button, or if the chains would reset automatically on relaunch. But the game faithfully remembers their skewed position.

[Post New]by SadieBlack on Jul 7, 11 1:05 AM
On a Mac Mini, lots of RAM, lots of HD room, and 9 times out of ten when I click on Play Now, the screen goes black as if the game is starting and then dumps back to the desktop.

Very frustrating. Once the game finally starts, it's fine. But I can't get the darn thing to even start up completely!

[Post New]by pinkcricket10 on Jul 7, 11 12:57 PM
busyday74 wrote:Have just placed the sun token in the lock and finished the hidden object game. Now cannot get out of it. Have updated all drivers etc and still cannot get out of the hidden object part. Frog will jump off stand, can get into video and all other parts but cannot get out of here. please help as cannot get any further.

[Post New]by SadieBlack on Jul 8, 11 1:34 AM
pinkcricket10 wrote:
busyday74 wrote:Have just placed the sun token in the lock and finished the hidden object game. Now cannot get out of it. Have updated all drivers etc and still cannot get out of the hidden object part. Frog will jump off stand, can get into video and all other parts but cannot get out of here. please help as cannot get any further.

I was stuck in a hidden object scene in the pharmacy, and I finally created a new player and started over. That's not much help but that's what I finally decided to do.

Now my problem is that I often have to try to open the game 5 to 20 times before it will actually open and play.

Go to: