Game says, "Need Flash player 8 or higher". Already have ver 10 ??

[Post New]by rnfloyd on Jun 4, 11 5:43 PM
We just purchased "Dream Chronicles Book of Water". When we try to play it we get a screen that says, "You need Flash Video Player version 8 or higher". We already have ver 10.2.152.32 installed. How come the game is not seeing it? There's no way we're going to fall back to an older version due to security issues. We've always installed Flash where ever it's recommended to be installed.

Any suggestions please? Or... do we just need to get a refund?

Thanks.

Timebomb007
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,767 Posts

Re:Game says, "Need Flash player 8 or higher". Already have ver 10 ??

[Post New]by Timebomb007 on Jun 4, 11 7:40 PM
Try downloading Flash Player using Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer uses a different Flash Player version than other browsers, and from what I read, the game is checking to see that Internet Explorer has Flash Player 8 or higher, and it doesn't.

[Post New]by rnfloyd on Jun 5, 11 12:35 PM
Timebomb007 wrote:Try downloading Flash Player using Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer uses a different Flash Player version than other browsers, and from what I read, the game is checking to see that Internet Explorer has Flash Player 8 or higher, and it doesn't.

Oh, thank you Timebomb! I haven't used IE in so long that I kind of forgot about that. That's exactly what I needed to do.

Thanks again.

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jun 9, 11 7:53 AM
Hi rnfloyd,

Welcome to the pond!

I'm glad you were able to continue with your game. Thanks to Timebomb007 for popping in with some help

The best place to discuss games and get hints and tips is in the Game Forums. These are easy to get to, just click the Forums tab on the home page. Then you can search your game under ‘All Game Forums’ .

Also, if you have a specific question, you can click the Advanced Forum Search under the Search All Forums. Here you can choose a specific game and type a keyword like “flash” and all of the posts about “flash” will come up!

I'm also going to pop this thread over in to the Dream Chronicles: The Book of Water game forum; you can find the technical issues thread for this game here

This discussion can be continued here .

Hope this helps!

bfgImbrium

Go to: