Re:Welcome to Magic Vines forum

[Post New]by Piper100 on Jun 19, 09 7:06 AM
Are there any more games like "Magic vines" that Mac will play? I love it!!!!

Zimberg
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Please help - if you can

[Post New]by Zimberg on Aug 11, 09 4:53 AM
Hi there, I have been trying to get through level 1-5 and this error message keeps appearing.

Director Player error
String expected
<void>
and
List expected for Handler
# count

It does not save the game as stated,

many thanks
Claudia, Johannesburg, South Africa

[Post New]by cowzers on Aug 11, 09 2:02 PM
I'm getting the same messages as Zimberg. I got the message in Hawaii, but could get past it. But I can't get out of the Congo now. It just restarts and doesn't save anything.

[Post New]by marpisea on Aug 16, 09 1:42 PM
cowzers wrote:I'm getting the same messages as Zimberg. I got the message in Hawaii, but could get past it. But I can't get out of the Congo now. It just restarts and doesn't save anything.

[Post New]by marpisea on Aug 16, 09 1:44 PM
I have the same problem. It goes over and over to Hawaii

Magic Vines will work......

[Post New]by LinnyPin on Aug 26, 09 9:28 PM
If you Magic Vines users having trouble are running "Windows Vista", then right-click on your "My Games" icon, click on properties, then compatability, and check off the compatability mode that will run this program compaticble with Windows XP (service pack 2), click on Apply, and OK............ then you're up and running!!!

No, Magic Vines doesn't work!

[Post New]by LinnyPin on Aug 28, 09 7:07 PM
I'd like to stand corrected!!! Now my Magic Vines starts each time at the Congo!!... if I keep going, it works fine.... but don't quit! It always goes back to the Congo!! Any assistance would be welcome!

[Post New]by hillcountryhappy on Sep 21, 09 4:25 PM
I went to the bfgclient folder and changed the compatability option to run Windows XP-Service Pack 2 for every application in the folder, I also went to Magic Vines and did the same thing. I'm still getting the string error message. My player name is not saved. So, though I have reached India (somehow) my game level is not saved.

What do do next? Thanks

Please help I am having the same issues

[Post New]by babybeans on Mar 15, 10 4:07 PM
I have been trying to get through level 1-5 and this error message keeps appearing.

Director Player error
String expected
<void>
and
# count

It does not save the game
anyone know of a fix for this ,it looks like it would be a fun game

Edited on 03/15/2010 at 4:09:59 PM PST

[Post New]by pattyclark on Mar 27, 10 4:53 PM
I'm having the same problem with the Director player error. Big Fish games suggested to update my flash player. I did and still have the same problem. I am going to customer support. If I find a solution, I'll be back to let you know.

[Post New]by sosthand on May 24, 10 4:11 PM
I purchased this game on 03/17/10 for 6.99/never got the game/cancelled membership/no refund/download never worked...what a ripoff!

Please help - if you can

[Post New]by mysportivo on Aug 7, 10 7:23 AM
Zimberg wrote:Hi there, I have been trying to get through level 1-5 and this error message keeps appearing.

Director Player error
String expected
<void>
and
# count

It does not save the game as stated,

many thanks
Claudia, Johannesburg, South Africa

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Aug 8, 10 3:56 AM
Ya' know.................I don't think I'm gonna even try this "bug factory". I'm too old....I don't need the aggravation.
Dr.good

maziemom
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by maziemom on Aug 8, 10 1:27 PM
I think it is a Vista problem, as well. I bought this game 2 years ago and the computer I had at the time ran XL. I replaced my computer last fall and am just now installing this game on my new system. I'm getting all the errors mentioned in previous posts. It hangs up at the end of each level. I can eventually get past it, but may have to play the final board two or three times before it finally moves forward. Progress is lost if you quit, though, and you have to re-enter player name and start over.

maziemom
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by maziemom on Aug 8, 10 3:07 PM
Whatever the problem with Vista is, Yahoo has figured it out. I downloaded a one hour free trial and played through with no problems. It progressed seamlessly from one level to the next with no error messages, and remembered my progress when I left and returned. There is a disclaimer that says the game is not "certified" to work with Vista, but they've gotten around it somehow.

Welcome to Magic Vines forum

[Post New]by breaux_janet on Mar 18, 11 1:34 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Magic Vines forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Magic Vines players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.
It won't save and is stuck on one level. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. Tried to do a new player, didn't save and still is stuck on same level.

[Post New]by genoways on Nov 13, 11 2:38 PM
I have been having errror problems on Magic Vines on my computer. I don't seem to be able to resolve the problem. I have Windows 7 and Magic Vines do's not work with it. Sorry to say Thanks Nancy

Edited on 12/15/2011 at 10:40:02 AM PST

[Post New]by dmccree65 on Mar 31, 12 4:59 PM
It looks like everyone is having the same problem. How do we get a refund so we can buy the game somewhere else? It's clear they are not going to do anything to get around this completely unacceptable problem.

[Post New]by finoa101shrek on Sep 12, 12 6:57 PM
this game is the cutest ive seen in all the games ive played, at home an on my computers the graphics are great its explained well in the how to play section, therefore i give it a thumbs up. keep up the good work in making games that entertain us adults when nothing else is to do. thank you for letting me play.

maziemom
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by maziemom on Nov 10, 12 8:42 AM
I agree; it is an adorable game. It was one that I played over and over. Very sad when it stopped working.

Go to: