Re:Post any Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' Technical Issues here

[Post New]by anniehiles on May 30, 17 2:34 PM
Thank you all so much for your input, hints, tips etc. I love this game. I haven't had many problems so far but this one has really ticked me off. After spending forever saving up 350000 coins to buy 75 keepsakes and receive 100 gold, I received nothing and now feel deflated. Is there any way of getting the gold? Arrrrrrghhh!!!

I guess I just have to suck it up and start saving again lol.

Thanks again

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jun 5, 17 2:44 PM
Hello anniehiles,

Thank you for your patience while waiting on a response and I'm sorry to hear that the reward that was supposed to be provided wasn't received. It also sounds like there was some trouble reported in the following thread about the white gloves not being able to be used to continue progressing and the need to start over. It sounds like players have been able to help with that, and I just wanted to provide their response here too, just in case it's helpful:

Welcome to Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin'

It sounds like they were able to help with starting a new game there, but if you need further assistance with this or the game in general for a technical issue, don't hesitate to contact our Technical Support Team. Our Reps are happy to help out as best they can with the tools they have available.

Thank you for your patience as well. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by cstjohn9 on Jun 6, 17 12:29 PM
I won the rock in the mine (to break into the van in the Junkyard) but now it won't show up as a tool to use when I go to the Junkyard.

I've tried:
Playing the mine over and over to see if I can win the rock again, no luck.
Shut down my internet, started a brand new game and signed in. No luck.
Uninstalled the game, reinstalled the game, no luck.

I have completed all of the other quests mentioned in threads from February. Still no rock when I go to the Junkyard.

What are my options from here? This is the second time I have played this game. Had to restart after not having gloves for photo album already.

Frustrating.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jun 7, 17 1:55 PM
Hello cstjohn9,

Thank you for your time and for sharing your experience with the game Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin'. It sounds like there is some trouble with a specific reward not showing up as a tool later in the game when it's necessary to have it. I'm sorry to hear that and want to provide some suggestions as well as how to reach out to our Support Team should more help be necessary.

The first thing I recommend is seeing if playing this game with more permissions might 'unstick' that tool so that it can be used properly. To do this on a Windows PC, players can run the game as an Administrator, which provides more permissions to allow games to run more smoothly. Here's how to do that if you'd like to try those steps:

Run Game as Administrator

If that set of suggestions seems to not help get that rock to appear in the Junkyard for use or if you'd just like some additional assistance, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

I'm sorry that item isn't showing up when it's needed and I hope this is helpful. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by jackphat on Jun 10, 17 2:09 PM
I'm not receiving credit for the trophy's I've collected. When I started today it showed 73/80 in gained trophies, now it shows 72/80. So far today I've played at least 6 different games/cities but now show a net loss of 1. What gives here? How can I get the correct mount of credit?

[Post New]by anniehiles on Jun 11, 17 10:00 AM
Thanks for the advice, I have spent a lot of time looking through the threads and picking up tips.

I'm now stuck on level 52 and haven't got a clue how to get to level 53.

My xp is 83,440 and I need to reach 83,550 to level up but every time I play a mini game or visit a city to get the much needed xp, the game crashes. The page freezes as soon as the xp is going up. It then says "antique road trip is not responding, windows is looking for a solution to this" etc. then the game ends. I have tried about 4 or 5 times, losing everything that I win and I would really appreciate if someone could please advise me what to do. I'm not technically minded though!

Many thanks

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jun 12, 17 5:20 PM
Hello jackphat and anniehiles,

Thank you both for your patience while waiting on a response and for taking the time to report issues found while playing Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin'. I definitely understand wanting to resolve these issues since they seem to be inhibiting progression and I'd be happy to provide some suggestions as well as how to contact our Support Team should more assistance be necessary.

Before I start, I want to remind players that there may be issues present in the game that may require an update to fix. These issues may remain in the game due to the decision being made to no longer provide updates to this game. For more information on that, please read the announcement here:

An important announcement regarding Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' - May 18, 2015

Now then, jackphat and anniehiles, there could be a few reasons that these issues have happened, but what I'd like to recommend is seeing if providing the game further permissions can help with this issue moving forward. Running the game as an Administrator may help by providing the game the permissions it needs to run as smoothly as possible. The following is a link to a guide that can help run the game as an Administrator if you'd like to try those steps:

For any problems that continue after trying those steps, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team as we do not have the tools in the forums for further troubleshooting assistance. Our Reps are always happy to help with the tools they have available and they will be sure to follow up as soon as they can.

Thank you both for your patience and time. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

htrenholm
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by htrenholm on Jun 14, 17 11:32 AM
Often when I sign in to the game, no lettering shows up. For example, the black area that usually says "logged in as" is blank. No values are shown for my resources, etc. If I click on the gears, I do get the paused menu but there is no printing on any of the buttons. However if I click where I know it would have said "Quit" it takes me to the confirm screen and if I click where it would have said "Yes" it lets me leave.

It doesn't always happen, but it happens often enough to be very annoying that I can't play when I want to. I cannot tell any difference about what else is running on my machine between the times it does and the times it doesn't show the printing.

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Jun 15, 17 10:56 AM
To me this sounds like a "not enough free memory" problem.

Does it also occur when you start the game first thing after booting your computer ?
If not, maybe other programs use up your memory without releasing it (some browsers have been known to do that).
Does your computer meet the minimum requirements to play this game, or maybe only just ?
You can also try to contact Technical support (see the message posted by bfgIlinalta, just before your entry).

htrenholm
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by htrenholm on Jun 16, 17 9:15 AM
Thanks for your answer. I have a new, improved laptop on order. I do tend to get attached to a computer and probably wait too long to upgrade. If the problem occurs on the new machine, I'll post again.

[Post New]by nicolettesc on Jun 22, 17 11:53 AM
at Margrets house as the gloves I had found had gone missing. I started all over again . Do I really have to start again or can you fix this problem.]

agnes09
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by agnes09 on Jun 28, 17 1:50 PM
Hi! I started a new game after reaching Level 101 because I wanted a new challenge. It went all right but now I have a problem with the oil for the Candy shop. I had it but as I go to the shop it's not there so I can't do anything in the shop, I can't open the cash register and I can't find any clue where to find some oil.
Would you please help me?

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jun 28, 17 5:57 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your patience while waiting on a response for the issues that have been reported while playing Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin'. It sounds like some of the issues reported are being addressed by changing some equipment, but I wanted to swim by to offer some suggestions, clarification about this particular game, and how to contact our Support Team should more assistance be needed.

htrenholm, it sounds like Dirk_Tee and you have talked about a particular issue that sounds like the game is not running as smoothly as expected and may be missing elements while playing. Thank you Dirk_Tee for swimming by to help out with that. It also sounds like the issue is inconsistent, but that there is going to be a new device that will be tried soon to see if this was the reason why. In any case, we're happy to continue providing assistance for the game, even if we're not providing additional updates at this time. If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to contact our Technical Support Team regarding this game for further help.

nicolettesc, I'm sorry to hear that those gloves are gone. Unfortunately, this is a known issue that can cause players to be unable to continue on their current progress file. I want to start by reminding our players that the hard decision was made to no longer provide updates for this particular game, and I am going to link to our announcement of this decision below:

An important announcement regarding Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' - May 18, 2015

For this particular issue, it may be helpful to read through some of the workarounds provided in the following thread discussing this issue with the game:

No white gloves for Margaret's House??

That thread mentions some workarounds to ensure that the white gloves won't be lost when needed, allowing players to continue past that point. However, if the gloves are already gone, it's possible that you may need to restart to not be stuck by this issue.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jun 28, 17 5:57 PM
If you do end up needing to start over, it may be helpful to note the guides and threads that players have been able to put together over the years in our helpful links thread here:

Helpful Links for Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin'

agnes09, I'm sorry to hear that the oil is not there for the shop. It appears that this may also be an issue that can impact players trying to play a new game and may also require an update to have resolved. This is similar to the issue with the white gloves for Margaret, where if the player does not perform the quest to turn in the item received immediately after receiving it, the item may disappear, leaving players unable to progress. This known issue requires an update to resolve, and since the game is no longer receiving regular updates, it's possible this issue will continue to affect our players.

I recommend using those helpful links above should you need to start over to continue playing the game without those items becoming missing, they may help with working around some of the known issues that will impact players while playing.

That said, we are always happy to help as best we can with the tools we have available, so if there are other issues such as with a purchase, or a technical issue where the game doesn't seem to be playing properly, feel free to contact our Technical Support Team. Our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as they can to continue helping out.

Thank you all for your patience, and I wish I had more specific steps to try to resolve some of those reported issues. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by Jules1999 on Jul 8, 17 1:30 PM
Hi, I have played this game lots of times over and over, but the last two times I have been unable to get passed the quests for Margaret's House, Atlanta, Georgia. I got the gloves before Margaret's House opened. Now it is open I can not get into the photo album because the gloves have disappeared. I thought if I start the game again it would let me though but it's done the same thing again. I have finished all the quests before this but I can not go any further because of this problem. Could you please let me know how to get this to work or get passed it so the can do more quests.
Thanks,
Jules

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Jul 9, 17 8:48 AM
This problem has been addressed numerous times already on the forum.

Basically:

You'll have to restart (look for info on how to restart without losing coins, gold or collections on this forum).

When you get the quest to find the gloves in the Doll Shop, there are two options:
1. Use gold to open Margaret's House
2. Don't go to the Doll Shop until you reach level 32 and Margaret's House opens automatically.

Then make sure you have enough energy and play the Doll Shop AND Margaret's House in one session, without closing your game in between.

In general: when you get a tool to open a mini-scene in a city, you have to use it immediately afterwards, or you will lose it.
If you do lose the tool, sometimes you can go back and find it again. If that doesn't work, only a restart can correct the problem.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jul 12, 17 1:19 PM
Hello Jule1999,

Welcome to the forums! I'm sorry to hear that the last couple of times those gloves disappeared. Dirk_Tee has some great suggestions on avoiding that issue going forward to ensure that those gloves aren't missing when they're needed. Thank you for swimming by with those tips! I'm going to go ahead and provide some links here that may help with finding those materials below.

The following thread may be helpful if you are seeking to restart the game: How to prepare for a restart

Other helpful threads for players can be found in the following thread:

Helpful Links for Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin'

While these are known issues, the hard decision was made to no longer provide updates for this game. This means that some issues, such as the missing gloves for Margaret's House, will be unable to be resolved unless this decision is changed in the future. For more information about that, please read our announcement below:

If a player would like further assistance, we definitely will do our best to provide further help with the limited tools we have for this specific game. You can receive assistance beyond the forums by contacting our Technical Support Team. Our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience and I hope this was able to help out. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by Merrymerryfairy on Jul 13, 17 3:03 AM
I'm stuck on the quest missing miner. Although I got the bolt cutters from Captain's house, and they show in the corner at Red Mine, when I try to cut the chains on the mine car, it tells me nice try, that's ridiculous, etc. I tried 3 or 4 times. Now I clicked on the item in the reward screen, and it had them labeled as some kind of knife. It accepted them for the quest to get the bolt cutters, though. I can't find them in my inventory to tell you the exact label it put on them. The game runs great, otherwise. I downloaded it from bigfish. Running on Windows 7. Please advise, as I like this game.

Edited on 07/13/2017 at 3:09:59 AM PST

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Jul 14, 17 10:33 AM
Use the search box on the right of this screen to search for 'Red Mine bolt cutters' and you will find posts of other people that had similar problems. Maybe you can find a solution there.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 18, 17 9:42 AM
Hi Merrymerryfairy,

Welcome to the forums! I see that there is some troulbe getting through the missing miner quest. Dirk_Tee is right that forum users do have the option to user the 'Advanced Forum Search' to the right of the forums. By placing keywords and selecting the appropriate game, it will ensure that the forum search is limited to Antique Road Trip. While the advanced forum search does only show a few options, oftentimes players are able to find the right amount of information with the right keywords.

After doing a search, I was able to find a post by TiramaSue. Please refer to the following thread for hints and suggestions:

Guide to Opening Mini-Scenes

If you find that the correct set of events is being executed and you continue to have issues, it may be helpful to run the game as an administrator. This will help the game obtain the necessary permissions and resources to run properly. Please refer to the following Big Fish Games Help page:

After trying the necessary troubleshooting steps if the issue continues to persist, feel free to reach out to our Customer Support Team. The Support Team is always happy to help in any way that we can.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, any of the Active Moderators will be happy to assist where they are able.

bfgBellerophon

Go to: